Poll: Who Regrets Buying Season Tickets?

Do You Regret Buying Season Tickets?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Blah

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'm Selling Them

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

MelroseHawkins

Maybe not even season but just tickets in general. I am just curious. Is the proverbial apathy setting in, which is very dangerous to a program?

Maybe not even season but just tickets in general. I am just curious. Is the proverbial apathy setting in, which is very dangerous to a program?
Nope. Hawkeye football is more than win/lose to me. I get pissed like a lot of fans, but at the end of the day it’s time and experiences with my son that I won’t be able to duplicate or get back when I’m older.

Iowa lost one game to an in state rival and the fall out is ridiculous. Did some imagine they were going undefeated? That's only happened once in school history. This could end up being a throw away season and I think fans have every right to be upset but since when did we become a fan base that doesn't tolerate a loss? I agree that there should be heat on this staff and they should be held accountable by the media and fans. That's happening and I'm glad it is but everything that Iowa wants to do is still out there for them to do at this point. I'm upset with Kirk and his unwillingness to change and I would like to see another QB but I also preface that knowing that despite my anger, Kirk's earned my respect and trust. I trust him knowing a shit ton more than me about the sport. I also trust that he's good at winning football games.

Iowa lost one game to an in state rival and the fall out is ridiculous. Did some imagine they were going undefeated? That's only happened once in school history. This could end up being a throw away season and I think fans have every right to be upset but since when did we become a fan base that doesn't tolerate a loss? I agree that there should be heat on this staff and they should be held accountable by the media and fans. That's happening and I'm glad it is but everything that Iowa wants to do is still out there for them to do at this point. I'm upset with Kirk and his unwillingness to change and I would like to see another QB but I also preface that knowing that despite my anger, Kirk's earned my respect and trust. I trust him knowing a shit ton more than me about the sport. I also trust that he's good at winning football games.

There are meltdowns after losses, many of them unwarranted. If Iowa loses to the clowns 17-16 on a last second field goal, whatever. But if Iowa rolls out there, puts up 150 yards of offense with 22 minutes time of possession and scores 7 points on a 16 yard drive I think it is pretty warranted for people to melt down. Particularly in light of how poorly the offense performed in the week prior against an undersized D-1AA program. There's a lot of parity and Iowa ain't Bama, but not all losses are created equally and this one was pure and total dog shit.

Iowa's entire strategy is to control the lines, control time of possession, keep the defense fresh, impose your will on teams in the fourth quarter. This team has been pathologically incapable of playing that way for prolonged stretches in the past 5 years. None of us are expecting an offensive juggernaut, but this program has completely been stripped of its core identity.

Are you OK?

I think the fallout began the week before.

Heck no I do not regret purchasing season tickets! I am a supporter of the University of Iowa and the Hawkeyes. That does not change under any circumstance. Disappointment and frustration yes, apathy no.

I've wondered this week how much bitching there would be if they wouldn't have ruled it a fumble on the goal line, we'd have scored the TD and won the game. There obviously would be bitching, most likely more bitching than normal due to the obvious deficiency, but we'd be 2-0 and would've beaten ISU for the 7th straight year.

Like I said. Ticket prices dropped by almost 50%. At least the ones we were looking at. It's parents weekend in Iowa City. I have a freshman. My other kids wanted to go, and go to a game. Prior to the opener, even cheaper tickets were close to $100 on the secondary market. We thought about sending the boys while my wife and I would just watch in a bar cause $100 wasn't worth it. $50? A lot more worth it.

We can get 4 tickets now for the price of 2. To be able to tailgate with my entire family, some old collegemates, and my son's new collegemates?

Priceless.

But yeah, I will grumble. I've already been through the 7 stages of grief so all that's really over with. Got through them in pretty much the first week. Yeah, there's still some concern we're not setting ourselves up for any success in the immediate ensuing seasons. But, they've pulled irons out of fires without giving the youngsters a crack at some game experience before. So, until they show me they can't do that, I'm not gonna be too worried. Ask me next year.

Everyone should be pissed, I am pissed to, but my support will never waiver. Kirk's gotta answer for this, but give me the field or give me kirk and I'll just go ahead and stay with Kirk. He's going to win a game this year on the schedule that we all have marked as an L....or is this all ya'lls first season watching Iowa football? If that's the case, yah, sell those tickets.

I've wondered this week how much bitching there would be if they wouldn't have ruled it a fumble on the goal line, we'd have scored the TD and won the game. There obviously would be bitching, most likely more bitching than normal due to the obvious deficiency, but we'd be 2-0 and would've beaten ISU for the 7th straight year.

So.....
151 yard offensive output.
Rather than 150.

Still pretty bitchy.

Are you OK?
Anger and frustration has yet to run its course. 70 to 0 by UM or OSU will get us there.
Wondering if you are OK. Not sure if you're being hyperbolic, but in the event you aren't, I'll gladly take you up on a 70 point spread (betting against it) for those games.

InGoodCo was pretty clear that he's mad and feels KF and others should be held accountable. I feel the same way. Having said that, one different call and that game is won 14-3, which is as good or better a margin against ISU than we usually have.

Yes, our offense sucks ballz, and we're all upset or numb at this point. Changes must happen, and I'm not sure why our O line is this bad.

I have season tickets and live in California. My regret is selecting the Michigan and Wisconsin games (not that it matters) for attendance. We'll see I guess. I still keep my tickets because I'm a Hawkeye who has gone to games since I was 6yo, and I have some friends I tailgate with there and greatly enjoy that experience.

Other hawk games this year? Might be out hiking or mtn biking. So, don't get me wrong, Iowa is dreadful to watch this year, but they have been at times in the past as well. It's just, somehow, even worse right now.

Will I break my season ticket string of purchasing them my whole adult life going forward? Maybe.

Nope. Hawkeye football is more than win/lose to me. I get pissed like a lot of fans, but at the end of the day it’s time and experiences with my son that I won’t be able to duplicate or get back when I’m older.
Ironically I just had a similar conversation with a coworker. I coach club soccer and am involved with 4 separate age groups and am almost always on the road every weekend playing 1-2 hours away from home. My coworker commented that he didn't know how I do it every weekend. I told him simply that my oldest son (who just turned 12 and plays U13 and fills in as needed for the U14's) is at that age where he's starting to pull away from the family and do his own things and it's time I'll get to spend with him (and his brother) that I'll never get back. I'd drive twice as far every weekend and never once think twice about it if its something that makes him happy and something he enjoys doing. He's also the reason I don't get to see to many live football games and have to dvr them and watch them after the fact, so technically I should probably thank him.

I agree with you in the fact that I acknowledge KF has earned respect and trust and knows a shit ton more than me about the sport. The point your missing is it has nothing to do with becoming a fanbase that doesn't tolerate a loss. I hate cliché's but it's to the point that "it's not about wins and losses but how the game is played". It's the fact that the writing has been on the wall for years now that the defense and special teams are carrying this program despite the offense and people are tired of it game in and game out.

Is it all on Spencer? No. Does the lack of receivers have anything to do with it? Sure. Is Oline play part of the problem? Of course. Sure the fall out may be ridiculous, but so's the way the matter is being handled internally and swept under the rug by the coaches. Many expressed concerns with how quickly BF moved up the ranks and landed the OC position. Now the offense is in shambles and the staff won't even consider a possible change at QB. We can blame the receiving issues on the transfers and injuries, and can point out that the Oline is young and being pieced together, but ultimately the roster issues come back to recruiting and addressing those needs which have been issues for years. So while KF has earned my trust, I've also realized over the years that he's resistant to change and stubborn. So while I trust that he's hellbent on winning games I also trust that he's going to continue to do so without any kind of long term overhaul on the offensive side of the ball and continue to win games solely because of what the defense and special teams do, while failing to retain receivers because they want to catch passes and be targets over the course of their careers rather than block and just run routes.

I'll never give up on this program or KF, but I (and so many others) simply don't understand why its unheard of for Iowa to the have success on the offensive side of the ball that we are able to do on the defensive side of the ball and on special teams. My "fallout" is that I simply don't understand why this cannot be done and it bothers me to no end and I'm tired of asking myself these questions week after week and being told "that's football". Last I knew "football" was played on the offensive side of the ball as well.

Sorry that was so long lol

giphy.gif

No, I like the time spent with family....but I almost fell asleep during the first game.

Perspective. You guys all have your reasons and I don't think anyone is right or wrong for them. All you guys that pony up your hard earned $ and time to go have the right to feel how ya want about it all.

No, I like the time spent with family....but I almost fell asleep during the first game.

I'm not a religious scholar or anything, but I think somewhere in the compiled writings of Jan Hus it says something to the effect of "let he hath not caught some shut eye in Kinnick cast thy first stone." Everyone who has had season tickets for a prolonged period has caught a wink or two in there.

Latest posts