Poll: Who Regrets Buying Season Tickets?

Do You Regret Buying Season Tickets?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Blah

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'm Selling Them

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
That's a little unnerving.
Because watching college football, you hear a TON of "he's a transfer in from _______, where he had _________ (insert stats here)." As opposed to a "transfer out of ________ (insert JuCo name here)"

This portal thing is a huge new wrinkle that has to be managed.
It's going to cause a lot of heartache. One thing to lose Charlie Jones.
Another for my Mizzou son who is convinced Luther Burden is using his first year at Mizzou as a quick NIL grab (special edition Honey BBQ Red Hot Riplets? They are good) and a job interview for another school that can win.

I'd love to break Mizzou fan's hearts and see him transfer to Iowa.
Now I have to Google Luther Burden.

But I guess my point is that just because there are open scholarships available, you might already be heavy with young players at a position or in a certain unit. Iowa typically doesn't have linemen leaving early besides to the draft which they can plan for. Most Iowa transfers are from the skill positions looking for more playing time.

So, even though there are scholarships available, a team isn't going to load up on a certain unit. I presume they have a certain number they would like for their positions. Again, they seem to have a number of young guys as linemen and pretty full at those positions. I'm sure they were/are banking on getting them squared away to perform, but just hasn't happened yet.
With all due respect, fans on this site have been making the 'line is struggling but will be better in the future' excuse on this site for years now. We always seem to be missing a piece or two on the OL while we anticipate future development. One year we have good tackles, bad guards. The next year good guards, young and inexperienced tackles or center.
I suspect you are correct that they have a fair number of young OL on the roster. But they dont yet seem to be B10 quality. Perhaps they will develop in a couple years as you suggest. But what could / should we do for this season? Or next season, while we wait for someone else to develop?
Once again, not suggesting we bring in 10 transfer OL - more likely just one or two when we have gaps in our developmental approach.

Latest posts