Poll: Who Regrets Buying Season Tickets?

Do You Regret Buying Season Tickets?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Blah

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'm Selling Them

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I agree, Iowa should not be in the position it is at this point in KF's career. I guess I am just saying that I am willing to let the guy try and figure it out. You'd expect that he would have figured it out all off season but instead he dug his feet in further and doubled down on what he has and didn't make any real changes. It pisses me off terribly..... just not ready to bury him or the team just yet.

I agree.

Teams like Iowa, who are developmental, can't really survive multiple losses or attrition in a certain unit or specific positions. We are seeing this with the O-line and WR units. They just don't have the plug-and-play players that blue chips have and take some time to get it turned around or recruited to again. Sometimes programs like Iowa can get into some bad cycles, which apparently is where Iowa is at now.

I agree.

Teams like Iowa, who are developmental, can't really survive multiple losses or attrition in a certain unit or specific positions. We are seeing this with the O-line and WR units. They just don't have the plug-and-play players that blue chips have and take some time to get it turned around or recruited to again. Sometimes programs like Iowa can get into some bad cycles, which apparently is where Iowa is at now.
Take a look at their 18 and 19 classes - abominations, so many misses and attrition.

I'm OK. Good gives it to people and I was just giving it to him.
About the 70 point spread...that isn't happening unless he loses this team on D. That is entirely possible.
About the fans, the booing = anger. Anger is an emotion. Emotions are better than apathy, so we aren't there yet. But it could be coming.

My biggest beef about KF isn't about the lack of scoring and losses (coming losses). The situation isn't a matter of just trying harder or making a few changes. It's a huge issue and one I expected after losing (rightfully) Doyle and of course the unmentionable issues.

I'll put it this way. I go back to ARob... being thrown into angry lines and then under the bus.
I think of CJ getting pummeled like a gunfighter who is mortally wounded against overwhelming odds and he kept standing and trying behind a completely inept line and play calling.

I also know more about the JC situation as per his abilities than most. He was pretty decent at EIU. Something happened. Now we have Petras. The guy seems to be in a shell. Absolutely no support. in HS he could look off. Can't now. What the heck?

Frankly I've come to the conclusion KF and his persona is an abuser. In my mind it's that simple. Fans keep making excuses for him. It's a worn out story. Repeatedly we see QBs degenerate. Why? It's just not normal. Iowa is the ONLY school close to being near the bottom 2 years in a row. OK the Hawks played only defensive Titans so far and the cupcake schedule is coming up (sarcasm).

It's just time for KF to go regardless of the risks. The days of narcissistic coaches is just plain in the past.
I've been frustrated with KF and BF in the past, and I have possibly been too forgiving at times. I'm honestly pretty conflicted about all of this. KF has certainly brought a lot of success to the program, at time with other programs had a "coach of the week" kinda deal.

Having said that, the cultural issues and the firing of the "Doyalizing" guy was worrisome. I DO think the program has been really insular, and KF has a ton of control for well over 20 years. Not sure that's 100% good. That's a lot of power and money for a guy over a long period of time. I wonder if it skews his perceptions of true accountability.

It does seem like he's missed something rather obvious in the offensive philosophy and execution. This is not a new thing. I also think you may a compelling point about the (lack of) QB development. Our QBs aren't superstars when they come into Iowa, but they seem to have some talent. They seem to get worse each year at Iowa and end up staring down receivers. Playing scared?

The fact that Tracy and Jones at PU are doing pretty well (last week included) is really interesting as well.

Your comments about KF as an abuser....interesting. Not sure I agree but he's definitely not open to change with the culture he's built (both good and bad parts) unless he's forced to do so.

Your ARob comment is interesting and it's really eyebrow raising how many good guys (former players) across many years, say that there is something wrong. I didn't say that...many players over several years, said that.

At any rate, I LOVE the hawks, but watching this well-resourced, stable program perform horribly on offense is puzzling.

I agree, Iowa should not be in the position it is at this point in KF's career. I guess I am just saying that I am willing to let the guy try and figure it out. You'd expect that he would have figured it out all off season but instead he dug his feet in further and doubled down on what he has and didn't make any real changes. It pisses me off terribly..... just not ready to bury him or the team just yet.
I'm with you on this. I do not expect Iowa to be especially good this year (I mean, the offense is offensive). But, can they adapt at all? Is there hope for the future.

If they "turtle in" and do KF things and look rather unwatchable this year, I think it may be time to look to a different future. I'm willing to sit and watch, remaining hopeful.

Iowa has looked like dogcrap at times before, too. Iowa very well could have (maybe should've) won that game 14-3.

His leash is pretty long though, and you need to know that. His body of work should have been what he was toting in his presser, not Spencer's. Because he's absolutely earned the right to get this figured out. What coach doesn't build things on the backs of his assistants? That's not a reason to indict Kirk, that's a reason to commend him.
IF some of the allegations are true...and like it or not they go back to the dorm room... and the program was built on Doylizing players in conjuction with what we both saw happen to CJ and ARob...not to mention BF stuation....then we disagree on the leash. ..

If you want Iowa to be Iowa special then we need to hold to those standards.

Put another way....It was a sick bastard who left CJ in THE game. He couldn't move. It was like the US Navy pummeling the Yamato into rubble. Sick bastard. Go back and watch it.

IF some of the allegations are true...and like it or not they go back to the dorm room... and the program was built on Doylizing players in conjuction with what we both saw happen to CJ and ARob...not to mention BF stuation....then we disagree on the leash. ..

Put another way....It was a sick bastard who left CJ in THE game. He couldn't move. It was like the US Navy pummeling the Yamato into rubble. Sick bastard. Go back and watch it.

This is FOOTBALL!! Not some panzy ass sport like volleyball, for krist;s sake.

lol, you mean the game CJ said he didn't want to come out of? The nerve. Kirk Ferentz's leash at Iowa is longer the the state is wide. I think he will step down though if things go sideways and they have a terrible season.

lol, you mean the game CJ said he didn't want to come out of? The nerve. Kirk Ferentz's leash at Iowa is longer the the state is wide. I think he will step down though if things go sideways and they have a terrible season.
Ya that one. Something you just don't see. Never.

It was like the US Navy pummeling the Yamato into rubble.

If you ever visit Japan you have to go to the Yamato museum in Kure. It is not very big, but it is one of the coolest military museums I've ever seen. It is in Hiroshima prefecture. I do not recommend the nuclear museum, though.

If you ever visit Japan you have to go to the Yamato museum in Kure. It is not very big, but it is one of the coolest military museums I've ever seen. It is in Hiroshima prefecture. I do not recommend the nuclear museum, though.
Would like to get there. Thx.

I've never had season tickets but I work for a company who has 8 season tickets available. If you're quick to the trigger you get the best home game. So this year I went with Nebraska. When I chose that game I was sure I would get to see Frosty crushed again which would have bought me great joy. After the first 2 games, I have my doubts if we can hang with any B10 team this year. I will say if Kirk can turn this shit show of an offense into a winning season I will be shocked. Furthermore, if that turnaround happens I will be in the camp who thinks Kirk is awesome, runs a mostly clean program, and appreciate his efforts. Our defense will keep us close most games, but if the offense continues on the current path things will get ugly. As far as booing goes, I won't boo the Hawks because I suppose all the Hawks think that's directed at them. Pretty sure BF doesn't think that's directed his way.

the way things are now, and if they don't make some substantial changes, this Saturday will be the last win for 2 years.

Latest posts