Poll: Who Regrets Buying Season Tickets?

Do You Regret Buying Season Tickets?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Blah

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I'm Selling Them

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
I had originally purchased tickets in spring. Once gas prices jumped I emailed the ticket office and asked to be refunded. I didn't think they would do it but did. First it's 500 mile round trip for us and 2nd I've never been so happy as not to attend or contribute to Kfs retirement fund. I've bitched about him when he deserved it and credited him when he deserved it. But this brand of football is just so bland and unentertaining ( unless you like comedies) that it just isn't fulfilling anymore. I agree with Fry enjoying time with kids is great but I think for the money in tickets , gas ,ect I can think of something else and more enjoyable now days. I used to live and die on every game, play, but I've finally hit adulthood at age 52 and just really don't care anymore. Why I should I give two shits when the head coach is so dug in and unwilling to change to try to spark the offense. But then again development programs are just that. Development. Funny thing is when it comes to wr and QB positions the KF experiment is non existent in those categories. Offensive regression though is very much in the KF book. Kirk has managed to maintain his job for years, his raises and 7-8 win seasons pretty consistently despite himself. Imagine with some of the talent that has come across those doors and a killer instinct or aggressiveness what possibilities Kirk may have achieved.

I'm super pumped. I'm in Iowa. I'd don't get to see a lot of games in person.

It's 7 AM. I've been awake sitting in the lobby of the hotel downing quite good coffee for the last hour. There's a Kwik Star right across the street. That's the new one right? With all the bakery items, a smoothie machine like those fancy Coke machines, and like a mini grocery?

Last night, I dropped my 21 year old Mizzou son off at Peterson so my Iowa freshman son could show him the IC night life. I'm gonna pick them up in a bit and take them to my wife's nephew's place in CR. We're gonna have lunch with their kids. Other nephew is coming with his kids from. N Central Iowa. And my SIL is coming. They are all ISU grads, except one niece. But this time, I will have my son repping with me.

Then we will go back to IC for a lame University sponsored parents weekend tailgate. But, Herky will be there and my son and I will get a picture with him. Then we will see the Hawk Walk. From there, we will go to a tailgate of my fraternity brothers who gather for every game.

Then we'll go see a bad football team hopefully win. Wave at some kids. And fight to stay awake til the end of the game.

Iowa football baby! Yah. The team is unexciting. But ima gonna make some memories today.

If there is a giant ball of twine somewhere, we'll go see that too. Maybe hit Brandon, IA and get a picture in the frying pan. I'm like Iowa Clark Griswald up in here.

It's 7 AM. I've been awake sitting in the lobby of the hotel downing quite good coffee for the last hour. There's a Kwik Star right across the street. That's the new one right? With all the bakery items, a smoothie machine like those fancy Coke machines, and like a mini grocery?

Last night, I dropped my 21 year old Mizzou son off at Peterson so my Iowa freshman son could show him the IC night life. I'm gonna pick them up in a bit and take them to my wife's nephew's place in CR. We're gonna have lunch with their kids. Other nephew is coming with his kids from. N Central Iowa. And my SIL is coming. They are all ISU grads, except one niece. But this time, I will have my son repping with me.

Then we will go back to IC for a lame University sponsored parents weekend tailgate. But, Herky will be there and my son and I will get a picture with him. Then we will see the Hawk Walk. From there, we will go to a tailgate of my fraternity brothers who gather for every game.

Then we'll go see a bad football team hopefully win. Wave at some kids. And fight to stay awake til the end of the game.

Iowa football baby! Yah. The team is unexciting. But ima gonna make some memories today.

If there is a giant ball of twine somewhere, we'll go see that too. Maybe hit Brandon, IA and get a picture in the frying pan. I'm like Iowa Clark Griswald up in here.
Sounds like fun. Have a great time!!! We should win this one and maybe get things going in the right direction. If not then go into hibernation and wait for basketball season.

Hope this game didn’t ruin your experience. Come back sometime

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed yourself and with your family.

And then look at damn near every other school that uses the portal to help fill holes. The portal is the wave of the future, the coaches at Iowa need to start using it.
I agree, just not comfortable building in the trenches with it. Skill players however

Hope this game didn’t ruin your experience. Come back sometime

Nah. Had a ball. My only regret was not staying for the popcorn. We were far more tempted to stay than I thought. Which surprised me.

After many many years of lacrosse tournaments, ive become quite the meteorologist and I have a second sense about lightning delays. I think I can subconsciously smell the ozone. I knew it was gonna be a long one.

Johnson's grit is reassuring. We met a freshman o-lineman who lives on the same floor as my son. Saw him suited up at least. Listening to the ovations for Taylor. And I expected a far more surly crowd. Sure there's a few angry jacckholes. But most were just occasionally grumbly. Or just comedically resigned to the situation.

Just saw an infographic last night that showed appearances in the pending playoff schedule had it been in place for X years. OSU had a bunch. Michigan had one more than us. Iowa and Sparty each had 2. No other B10 team on that list. I refuse to give up over this.

Felt happy to be among my fellow Hawks again.

And then look at damn near every other school that uses the portal to help fill holes. The portal is the wave of the future, the coaches at Iowa need to start using it.

It has it's place, but it is not always the answer.

I think what InGoodCo is pointing out is that some teams are using it to build their team. It should not be used to build infrastructure of a team. If so, that is a bad sign. See Nebraska. Now, if a coach is new and having to fill a bunch of spots from players that left, yes, the first year that might happen like Iowa St. basketball.

Now, if a position is thin like and a team needs a need, then yea, look to see what's out there to be plucked if lucky. But, once a team is established it should be used as an emergency need, IMO.

Nah. Had a ball. My only regret was not staying for the popcorn. We were far more tempted to stay than I thought. Which surprised me.

After many many years of lacrosse tournaments, ive become quite the meteorologist and I have a second sense about lightning delays. I think I can subconsciously smell the ozone. I knew it was gonna be a long one.

Johnson's grit is reassuring. We met a freshman o-lineman who lives on the same floor as my son. Saw him suited up at least. Listening to the ovations for Taylor. And I expected a far more surly crowd. Sure there's a few angry jacckholes. But most were just occasionally grumbly. Or just comedically resigned to the situation.

Just saw an infographic last night that showed appearances in the pending playoff schedule had it been in place for X years. OSU had a bunch. Michigan had one more than us. Iowa and Sparty each had 2. No other B10 team on that list. I refuse to give up over this.

Felt happy to be among my fellow Hawks again.

What time did you leave the game last night or this morning?

It has it's place, but it is not always the answer.

I think what InGoodCo is pointing out is that some teams are using it to build their team. It should not be used to build infrastructure of a team. If so, that is a bad sign. See Nebraska. Now, if a coach is new and having to fill a bunch of spots from players that left, yes, the first year that might happen like Iowa St. basketball.

Now, if a position is thin like and a team needs a need, then yea, look to see what's out there to be plucked if lucky. But, once a team is established it should be used as an emergency need, IMO.

From my perspective there are 3 types of student athletes.

There are the ones who grew up being a Hawkeye fan and that is their dream, these are the ones that should always be the focus of the team. We've seen Iowa get more out of these 2 and 3 star farm kids that grew up wanting to be a Hawkeye than some 4 stars.

Then you have a group, which is small, that want to come to Iowa because it is the right academic fit for them. These student athletes realize that playing at the next level is not very likely so they want to ensure they have a degree in the area they hope to some day go into whether or not professional sports happen for them. Like I said this group is small.

After that you have the group of student athletes that envision playing at the next level. These are typically the higher rated recruits that come in with high expectations. These are the ones that wind up in the transfer portal if they are not seeing the results on the field, either through coaching or lack of playing time. A lot of times they wind up picking a school based on the coaching staff and opportunities to play. Some times it's just not the right fit, for a variety of reasons and that's where the transfer portal comes into play. With the NIL you now add the wrinkle of financial gain to this group.

I hope Iowa is able to continuing to build it's program from the first 2 groups but to ignore that 3rd group is foolish as there are players in that transfer portal that could be a good fit and all it takes is the right coaching to maximize their potential. I see the transfer portal becoming more and more popular especially now with the NIL becoming popular. Iowa would be stupid to ignore the transfer portal. Damn near every game I watched I heard the broadcaster mention a player that transferred in from another program.

I might be missing different types of student athletes but, again, it's my perspective.

I forget his name but Iowa had a OL transfer that went on to a solid NFL career.
I’m sure there are plenty of success stories, I’m comfortable how they build it for the ost part. Not going and getting a WR clearly is a bigger problem. The Oline will get better as the year goes imo .

So the answer is zero.
Better to struggle with no talent, than use the portal, because it didn’t help Nebraska.
I’d be ok with it, I just think they like to build their guys, they ain’t building nearly good or quick enough. Hence the need for the portal. I don’t disagree, just saying that’s not how Iowa wants to do it. You aren’t wrong that Iowa needs to be think differently

What time did you leave the game last night or this morning?
We bailed 30 minutes into the first delay. We were all willing to stay. But none of us thought it was gonna be just an hour or so. It was clear to me the lightning wasn't going away any time soon. My son did go back for part of the 4th quarter.

Latest posts