Poll: Should Gary Barta Be Fired Immediately?

Fire Gary Barta?

• Yes, should have been done immediately after the Meyer/Griesbaum fiasco.

• No, I hate the Hawkeyes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wasn’t the contract extension including ludicrous buyout actually negotiated in November? Blv there’s an online article today explaining the buyout and why Fran is unlikely to be fired in the next couple years.
What’s really comical is this contract extension went down shortly after we lost by 24 to Virginia Tech. Us fans were sodomized and we didn’t even know it

For the love of puppy dogs and rainbows, let's put an end to this misery.

On this one, I vote yes. Won't happen, but yes.....this really burns me about Fran's contract. Especially considering Kirk's contract. And the lawsuits against the school. He has been more trouble for Iowa in the long run no matter how much money he has raised.

And what is up with the ridiculous incentives Barta adds as well? Ferentz gets a tidy half mil EVERY year we win EIGHT, I repeat EIGHT games!

And Fran gets an additional year to his contract if he gets us to ONE NCAA tournament. At ANYTIME. That's another guaranteed $2 mil basically. Wow, Barta expects so much from his coaches.

And what is up with the ridiculous incentives Barta adds as well? Ferentz gets a tidy half mil EVERY year we win EIGHT, I repeat EIGHT games!

And Fran gets an additional year to his contract if he gets us to ONE NCAA tournament. At ANYTIME. That's another guaranteed $2 mil basically. Wow, Barta expects so much from his coaches.

If I had any respect for Barta it is gone now. Terrible AD.

I believe Ferentz gets incentives for 7 win seasons as well

I believe Ferentz gets incentives for 7 win seasons as well

6 regular season wins also cuz of the bowl invite.
There are also bonuses tied to graduation rates that have nothing to do with wins.
Same for kids who are award winners or included on all-conf/american teams.
The last time he only made straight salary was 2000 I believe.
That's why I laugh when the apologists quote his BASE salary as his actual salary. It's close to impossible for him to make his stated salary with the way the contract is structured. Won't even go into the $$$$$ associated with having 3 relatives on the payroll. And let's be clear. You make 5 mil at USoCal and you're still priced outside some communities. You make that amount in Iowa in just one year and you can retire.

If you don't want him fired after today you have some mental problems.
How about his BOSS? He signs off on Gary's work.Boss knew nothing Jane's early x mas Gift.Oh fire both no? But Gary brings in GO
The rationalizations do go overboard.

"Only Barta can raise money at Iowa!"

Yeah, I call bs on that.
Would like to ASK ad's BOSS 10 questions.Same QUESTIONS would apply to CAP no? Not my money no? Only want a FEW wins here and.....WHY BOTHER?

So, Gary and his AD were found guilty in a court of law of what 4 counts? involving gender discrimination costing the U $6.5 million and this scumbag kept his job? Now he f*#s us with Fran's ridiculous buyout. Wow!!

All that while he secures that last spot in The BIG conference measuring AD's. Impressive.

No sh**. Those should be performance bars to simply keep your job

Gary Barta is a loser. Forget the fact that he should have been fired after the way he handled rhabdo. Forget when he should have really been fired with the field hockey and Greisbaum shit. The man puts up banners for NCAA play in games. The man refers to bowl victories as championships. The man has bonuses put into a contract that awards his coach after he hits 7 wins, which by the way happens to be the average number of wins per year for said coach. Now he extends a contract with a huge buy out for a coach who quite literally has done nothing except win 2 NCAA tourney games in 8 years.

He's a loser.

He should have been fired, yesterday.

I just wrote my second letter to the president's office in as many weeks. Bitching here won't have any impact but I can write an email every single week.

They signed this extension in November and didn't make any announcement. That is a lie of omission in my book. You FUCKING know that is news, you FUCKING know how fans would feel about it, you FUCKING chose to say nothing... you FUCKING lied.

You really need to learn how to express yourself more freely! :p

I just wrote my second letter to the president's office in as many weeks. Bitching here won't have any impact but I can write an email every single week.

They signed this extension in November and didn't make any announcement. That is a lie of omission in my book. You FUCKING know that is news, you FUCKING know how fans would feel about it, you FUCKING chose to say nothing... you FUCKING lied.

You know what is really disconcerting and weird. The fact that they think they could slip this in under the rug without anybody catching on. The fact they don't understand the position they are putting themselves or knowing this will be found out is mind boggling to say the least. This athletic dept. absolutely sucks as far as public relations go. Clueless actually!

I actually think they were probably waiting for the team to be doing well and it would be a happy announcement. Little did they know this team would suck so much.

This is probably very true. This happened prior to he BIG conference season start. if This team was sitting at 18-5 it would have such a different feel.

I mean, if we're talking about Barta being fired, shouldn't this from another thread be relevant?

Iowa's NACDA Director's Cup Big Ten Rankings By Year Under Barta:
2006-07: 11th(out of 11) - LAST
2007-08: 11th(out of 11) - LAST
2008-09: 10th(out of 11) - second to last
2009-10: 11th(out of 11) - LAST
2010-11: 9th(out of 11) - third from last
2011-12: 12th(out of 12) - LAST
2012-13: 12th(out of 12) - LAST
2013-14: 12th(out of 12) - LAST
2014-15: 10th(out of 14) - fourth from last
2015-16: 13th(out of 14) - second to last

I mean, if we're talking about Barta being fired, shouldn't this from another thread be relevant?

Should Iowa create a separate position solely for fundraising? Cuz that seems to be the only damn thing Gary is good at.

CJHawkeyeWell-Known Member

I mean if we're talking about Barta being fired, shouldn't this from another thread be relevant?

Well you would think that might be a factor if we emphasized winning, but Harreld gave him a nice fat raise in 2016 for um, shiny new buildings and luxury boxes. Basically fund raising I suppose.

You know the same rationale for keeping MSU's morally bankrupt prez until yesterday. Plus, Harreld must know what he is doing. Rastetter and his cronies on the Board of Regents (see MSU again) slipped him into the mansion because of his great business acumen.

Latest posts