Poll: Should Gary Barta Be Fired Immediately?

Fire Gary Barta?

• Yes, should have been done immediately after the Meyer/Griesbaum fiasco.

• No, I hate the Hawkeyes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just wrote my second letter to the president's office in as many weeks. Bitching here won't have any impact but I can write an email every single week.

They signed this extension in November and didn't make any announcement. That is a lie of omission in my book. You FUCKING know that is news, you FUCKING know how fans would feel about it, you FUCKING chose to say nothing... you FUCKING lied.

Last edited:
How long will Iowa insist on holding onto this dead weight? Should have been fired after the Meyer debacle. He must have some dirt on someone to stay employed through that shit show.

I just wrote my second letter to the president's office in as many weeks. Bitching here won't have any impact but I can write an email every single week.

They signed this extension in November and didn't make any announcement. That is a lie of omission in my book. You FUCKING know that is news, you FUCKING know how fans would feel about it, you FUCKING chose to say nothing... you FUCKING lied.

Vigilant skeptical media on top of things.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/fran-mccaffery-iowa-basketball-contract-extension-date-details

I’m not upset with the media at all on this one. The fact that this required a FOIA request for something that is normally a press release is part of the story. I am PISSED at the University.

I’m not upset with the media at all on this one. The fact that this requires. FOIA request for something that is normally a press release is part of the story. I am PISSED at the University.

I get that. But my first wife was a journalist. People would leak stuff to her all the time. I'm just wondering if someone sat on this cuz that's the "iowa way". (not accusing Rob/Jon if they're reading this)

Anyway, I agree with you that the U which touts the sainthood of certain coaches looks pretty bad right now. And they pulled this sh** just a few months after the trial debacle.

"but we do things the right way here at Iowa, we're not like the scum at other schools"

yeah, I'm more honest with myself about the world we all live in

I have been reading things for 30 minutes and have yet to see any evidence of Barta as some master fundraiser. He started in 2006 and the BTN started in 2007.

Just cause you started working at Microsoft in 1978, doesn’t mean you are a business genius.

The rationalizations do go overboard.

"Only Barta can raise money at Iowa!"

Yeah, I call bs on that.

One huge question that must be asked

“Uh, When were you gonna tell us about the extension Gar?”

Kind of like Rhabodo gate when you and KF were too chickenshit to answer questions. Disapeared and let the players parents take the mics.

Win, graduate, and do it right. What a crock.
This times a million. #FakeGoodGuys

One huge question that must be asked

“Uh, When were you gonna tell us about the extension Gar?”

Kind of like Rhabodo gate when you and KF were too chickenshit to answer questions. Disapeared and let the players parents take the mics.

Win, graduate, and do it right. What a crock.
I actually think they were probably waiting for the team to be doing well and it would be a happy announcement. Little did they know this team would suck so much.

I actually think they were probably waiting for the team to be doing well and it would be a happy announcement. Little did they know this team would suck so much.

That's a calculating group of leaders. Kinda like 2016 when KF's new contract was announced right before the meeting with the Cyclones. You know, cuz they were afraid if KF lost the timing would be bad. How were they to know that Iowa would beat a P5 team and turn around and lose to an FCS squad. Which did prompt a few eyebrows to be raised.

I know Doublewide's being funny voting 'no' but what's with the other guy?

I voted no because the question is so ridiculous. I vote no because I hate the Hawkeyes ............ ROFLMAO!!! Barta was the third vote, LMAO!!!

I think everyone knows how I feel about the university of Wyoming pooping in our yard.

Latest posts