Poll: Should Gary Barta Be Fired Immediately?

Fire Gary Barta?

• Yes, should have been done immediately after the Meyer/Griesbaum fiasco.

• No, I hate the Hawkeyes.

Results are only viewable after voting.
6 regular season wins also cuz of the bowl invite.
There are also bonuses tied to graduation rates that have nothing to do with wins.
Same for kids who are award winners or included on all-conf/american teams.
The last time he only made straight salary was 2000 I believe.
That's why I laugh when the apologists quote his BASE salary as his actual salary. It's close to impossible for him to make his stated salary with the way the contract is structured. Won't even go into the $$$$$ associated with having 3 relatives on the payroll. And let's be clear. You make 5 mil at USoCal and you're still priced outside some communities. You make that amount in Iowa in just one year and you can retire.
Only 3 that we have discovered so far no? And guy with GOLD makes GOLDEN RULE?no ? Yo pray for surf.I the Iowa surfer suggests huh? Like to check out Killer Surf? Mavericks Surf contest as we speak.wiki.Unreal spot.50ft+ Waves.

I mean, if we're talking about Barta being fired, shouldn't this from another thread be relevant?

Iowa's NACDA Director's Cup Big Ten Rankings By Year Under Barta:
2006-07: 11th(out of 11) - LAST
2007-08: 11th(out of 11) - LAST
2008-09: 10th(out of 11) - second to last
2009-10: 11th(out of 11) - LAST
2010-11: 9th(out of 11) - third from last
2011-12: 12th(out of 12) - LAST
2012-13: 12th(out of 12) - LAST
2013-14: 12th(out of 12) - LAST
2014-15: 10th(out of 14) - fourth from last
2015-16: 13th(out of 14) - second to last

Yep. This was what I was referring to earlier.

So the next question is does Barta have a buyout, if so what is it and who is responsible for that decision?

The poll results look pretty one sided. Not much grey area there.
There's huge sample bias in the poll but never the less, its pretty bad. The UI needs to do more than it has done to date to quell the anger. In fact what they've done to date was so dismissive I'm actually more angry.

Forget all the lawsuits and contracts etc, under Barta's watch the hawks have maybe 3 to 4 championships, period in all their sports I think. He should be fired for this.

Are we last in the league since Barta took over in championships? I would take a tennis title right now.

Forget all the lawsuits and contracts etc, under Barta's watch the hawks have maybe 3 to 4 championships, period in all their sports I think. He should be fired for this.

Are we last in the league since Barta took over in championships? I would take a tennis title right now.

You understand the Athletic Director is supposed to increase donations and overall revenue for the University right? Barta costs the University millions for two discrimination buyouts, a buyout from Lickleiter already (whom he hired), and continues to unnecessarily add years to contracts and increase buyouts. So to answer your question, pretty much any AD in the country would have a better track record than Gary Barta.
Technically, you could leave Barta's spot vacant for an entire year and be way ahead by simply not shoveling cash out the frickin' door for a whole year!

Apologies...sometimes you gotta illustrate the absurd by being absurd.

Good thing is we've got Nowhere to go but up!
...wait, that would be applying common sense - I forgot for a second we're dealing with Academia-itis, the swelling of the liberal mind.
Never mind.

Could this be another one of your trick questions, TK
'
beartrap1_600x400.jpg

:cool:

Only 3 that we have discovered so far no? And guy with GOLD makes GOLDEN RULE?no ? Yo pray for surf.I the Iowa surfer suggests huh? Like to check out Killer Surf? Mavericks Surf contest as we speak.wiki.Unreal spot.50ft+ Waves.
Dude, are you Spanish or something? No? Seriously, what are you saying here?

Dude, are you Spanish or something? No? Seriously, what are you saying here?

They turn Earl's light out at 8:30. You won't get a response until after they serve him his oatmeal in the morning and he gets back to his room. Millie has been bogarting the computer recently so that is not an option.

Earl is a retired dockmaster from St. Thomas. A little too much rum and carribean cabbage.

Barta is a weasel.

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...s-behind-fran-mccafferys-new-deal/1075928001/

Barta: “I don’t think I’ve ever announced extending a coach’s contract in the middle of the season. The reason I don’t like to do that, it distracts from playing the games, playing the season.

“We had a handshake deal in the summer. Fran wasn’t worried about it because he already has a contract and he trusts me. And so, when I had to leave for health reasons and just really focus on that, he didn’t worry about it. I obviously was focused on other things. So, then when I came back and we finalized it and signed it, I made the decision (to wait). It wasn’t Fran asking for it.

“Many times when we announce coaches’ contracts, it’s for recruiting. In this case, we didn’t need an advantage in recruiting. Recruiting’s been going fine. So I made the decision to wait until the end of the season, knowing full well … it could get out during the season. I hoped that it would be after the season. Not because I’m worried about how we’re playing. But I just did not want to have this conversation in the middle of the season. But it is what it is. And there was no conspiracy.

“I could’ve announced it. I chose not to. There’s really nothing in it to hide. It’s fair for people to criticize.”

Latest posts