Playoffs? Not going to happen

I want to talk about play offs! First Iowa wins out including the Big 10 Championship. Next every team with a higher rated schedule losses 3-4 games total. I believe that is mathematically possible. So there is still a chance.

We don't? :(:(

images

Think about it most teams still have 5-6 games left to play. Even taking into account head to head match ups of top 25 teams it is possible for every team that needs to lose 3 or 4 games to do so. Also 3 of the teams don't have to lose leaving 1 spot for Iowa. If I had time I would full of every team schedule in the NCAA to prove it.

Not likely to happen but it could happen.

SEC West beat each other up...

LSU over Bama
Bama over Auburn
Georgia over Auburn
MSU over Ole Miss.

MSU rolls to the SEC West Title, and takes one playoff slot after winning the SEC
Florida St. loses to Florida and the ACC gets nothing.

Pac 12 has Oregon lose to Utah
Az St loses to ND, and Arizona, but has edge on USC and UCLA and takes the Pac 12 South with three losses and beats Oregon, giving them 3 losses...nobody from Pac 12 is in.

ND loses to USC...out.
TCU beats everyone and gets a playoff spot.

Iowa runs the table, beating ranked Wis., Neb, and #2 MSU ....Iowa is in.

Re: Playoffs? Not going to happen
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by NCHawker
not even if Iowa beats everyone on the schedule and BT East champ 55 - 0 ? not even then?

Well let's double it then

to a hundred and eleven and then

or a hundred and four?

what if the hawks beat 'em all by a hundred and four

wouldn't it, couldn't perhaps

open the door?

Sam-I-Am_1.gif

Re: Playoffs? Not going to happen
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by NCHawker
not even if Iowa beats everyone on the schedule and BT East champ 55 - 0 ? not even then?

Well let's double it then

to a hundred and eleven and then

or a hundred and four?

what if the hawks beat 'em all by a hundred and four

wouldn't it, couldn't perhaps

open the door?

Sam-I-Am_1.gif

It would not, could not open the door.

Not doubling it, not taken times four.

Iowa has already made it's bed,

Despite what that looney, Hawknick, said.

It's just not going to happen, for sure.

Sorry, no playoffs N C Hawker.

Playoffs? Hell, even if Iowa runs the table and wins the B1G title game, it's likely they don't even get a spot in one of the "BCS" bowls due to their ranking. Citrus Bowl is probably the ceiling for us.

There is no way Iowa would make the playoff, no way. They would not even be a thought. They are currently unranked and have too big a hill to climb. The Sagarrin rating of the teams they've played has been horrible so no team with two losses is going to shoot up & trump the other conference teams. My goal for the team is to win the W & make the BIG championship game & go to one of the nicest "non-playoff" bowls. That at least is still possible.

Actually there is a scenario that would make it possible for Iowa to make the playoffs. Read JHHawk's post on page 2.

Actually there is a scenario that would make it possible for Iowa to make the playoffs. Read JHHawk's post on page 2.

Seriously? You do realize the BIG is fighting an image problem, don't you? The BIG prob ranks #4 out of the 5 power conferences. No 2 loss team out of the BIG is going to have a chance. Michigan St or Ohio St maybe, but unlikely.

If Sparty wins out and Iowa wins out and even if Iowa upset them I'm not sure if we would even be ranked higher than them in the polls.

Not likely to happen but it could happen.

SEC West beat each other up...

LSU over Bama
Bama over Auburn
Georgia over Auburn
MSU over Ole Miss.

MSU rolls to the SEC West Title, and takes one playoff slot after winning the SEC
Florida St. loses to Florida and the ACC gets nothing.

Pac 12 has Oregon lose to Utah
Az St loses to ND, and Arizona, but has edge on USC and UCLA and takes the Pac 12 South with three losses and beats Oregon, giving them 3 losses...nobody from Pac 12 is in.

ND loses to USC...out.
TCU beats everyone and gets a playoff spot.

Iowa runs the table, beating ranked Wis., Neb, and #2 MSU ....Iowa is in.

This is pretty much what I am saying. It is mathematically possible that all the teams that need to have 3 or more losses can lose that many. It would depend on a lot of upsets and high ranked teams beating up on each other. From what I see there are two undefeated teams, I'll concede that they probably won't lose enough games. That leaves 2 spots. I counted 12 1 loss teams teams in the top 25. All but 1 teams would have to lose 2 of their remaining games. Out of about 4 or 5 games for most teams right? Iowa puts Wisconsin's and Minnesota's losses to 3 just by winning also. All the remaining 2 loss teams with a higher strength of schedule would only have to lose one game. This leaves a bunch of teams with 3 losses that could theoretically put Iowa ahead of them for the play offs.

here are some of the teams listed by JHHawk and some other ways they can lose
LSU loses to Arkansas
Alabama loses to Miss. State and W. Carolina
Georgia loses to Georgia Tech
Georgia tech loses to NC State
Auburn loses to Samford and Georgia
MSU loses to Iowa and Maryland or Rutgers or Pedo State
Old Miss loses to Miss. Sate
Missouri losses to Texas A&M
Oregon loses to Colorado in Oregon State
Utah loses to Oregon
TCU. Loses to Kansas in Texas