Playoffs? Not going to happen

Sparky

I can't believe people are still talking about the possibility of making the playoffs. How clueless can one group of people actually be?

Let me help you out. Iowa has a ZERO percent shot to make the playoffs. ZERO.

At this point in time they have beaten one team with a winning record, and that was UNI. They also lost to Iowa State who is 2-6 and the laughing stock of the Big 12. They still have to play Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Minnesota... which from what I've seen up to this point in the season there's a good chance they could drop two out of the three or maybe even all three if the craptastic team that lost to ISU and Maryland shows up.

Even if Iowa wins out they would have only beaten four teams with winning records in the regular season. That's not a favorable stat when it's selection time.

Saturday was a great win and it was awesome to see the offense open up. Unfortunately, it's too little to late for playoffs. The sooner you realize that the better off you're going to be and the less upset you're going to be when they're not even in the conversation.

not even if Iowa beats everyone on the schedule and BT East champ 55 - 0 ? not even then?

I can't believe people are still talking about the possibility of making the playoffs. How clueless can one group of people actually be?

At this point in time they have beaten one team with a winning record, and that was UNI. They also lost to Iowa State who is 2-6 and the laughing stock of the Big 12. They still have to play Nebraska, Wisconsin, and Minnesota... which from what I've seen up to this point in the season there's a good chance they could drop two out of the three or maybe even all three if the craptastic team that lost to ISU and Maryland shows up.

Even if Iowa wins out they would have only beaten four teams with winning records in the regular season. That's not a favorable stat when it's selection time.

Saturday was a great win and it was awesome to see the offense open up. Unfortunately, it's too little to late for playoffs. The sooner you realize that the better off you're going to be and the less upset you're going to be when they're not even in the conversation.
Kill Joy

Calm down, Sparky.
It's very unlikely, but it's NOT impossible for the
Hawkeyes. Good Lord eye-roll

He's right, though. If that happens, Nebraska will have 3 losses, only one of which is against the top 25. Wisconsin will have 3 or 4 losses, only one of which is against the top 25. Mich State will have 2 losses, only one of which is vs the top 25, and will be the only top 25 team Iowa will have beaten (and they will be ranked around 20 - 25 if they lose to Iowa). Iowa might not even make the top 25 if this plays out.

No playoff. Even with all the help in the world in other conferences. Every other 2 loss that didn't lose head to head to Iowa team in the country in part 5 conferences would have a better resume and ranking - this includes Ohio State.

Last edited:

Hoe Lee Chit..... Mother of gawd i hope yer
jokin' and no one believes this

Gotta go with Sparky on this... anyone who still thinks the Hawks have a shot at the playoffs hasn't been paying attention to who the 1 loss teams are.

Frankly... given the nature of things as they are <ahem... esecpn> the Hawks would be a long shot for the playoffs if they went undefeated from the start of the season.

I concur with everything he says:

[video=youtube;s2R2sH2ScBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM[/video]

Latest posts