Play in game?

The big ten tournament used to only have 11 teams. So now that the big ten has expanded the first round of games are "play-in" games

See how stupid that sounds?
Not at all the same. That would be a good example if every team in Div I was included in the tournament. Every member of the Big Ten gets to play in the BTT, so no play in games are required. The NCAA tourney is nothing like that.

Not at all the same. That would be a good example if every team in Div I was included in the tournament. Every member of the Big Ten gets to play in the BTT, so no play in games are required. The NCAA tourney is nothing like that.

The original NCAA tournament was 8 teams. So every game until the elite 8 is a play-in game by most peoples logic

Right you are admititng the NCAA selects the teams for their tournament.. yet you want to call it something else, eventhough the NCAA doesn't. Like the rest of this just a bunch of contradicting bullshit really.

It’s a play-in game. National talk radio and media and fans across the country call it so. Narrative is that it is a play-in game and treated as so. ESPN/CBS bracket challenges don’t even have you pick those games. Don’t like it, then avoid it. You do that by not collapsing seeming every season.

It’s a play-in game. National talk radio and media and fans across the country call it so. Narrative is that it is a play-in game and treated as so. ESPN/CBS bracket challenges don’t even have you pick those games. Don’t like it, then avoid it. You do that by not collapsing seeming every season.

Point isn't what people want call it "first four" "play in game" or whatever else.. point is it's part of the ncaa tournament.

Point isn't what people want call it "first four" "play in game" or whatever else.. point is it's part of the ncaa tournament.

Fair enough.

Either way, win that game and you are in the round of 64. Lose and you go home. It's that simple regardless of what you call the game.

I guess you could say that the Sweet 16 games are Elite 8 play in games. LOL. Regional Finals are Final Four play in games etc. You're not in till you win. I say that in a playful way but it's kinda true in a single elimination tournament.

This whole thing is really kind of a pointless argument, though. As I said earlier, it's just semantics.

Who knows what will happen in the B1G tournament? We've beaten Northwestern, Illinois and Michigan this season.

March Madness is everything the Football playoff isnt.......it is all inclusive no matter who you are you have a chance to get into the playoff by winning your conference tourney.

Latest posts