Play in game?

I look forward to another year of Charles Barkley fumbling thru college player names

on that note, I found a link with the best names in BB this season, and here are my top 5 I would like to see Barkley attempt (unfortunately, none will likely be playing in the tourney, but we could hope......):

F Ebube Ebube, Manhattan
G Shizz Alston Jr., Temple
G Dinero Mercurius, Florida Gulf Coast
G Thorir Thorbjarnarson, Nebraska
F Djordjije Sljivancanin, UNLV

Link:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...tes-college-basketballs-all-name-team-2018-19

Id love to see a chart of TruTV's ratings. there must be a massive ass spike for that one Thursday-Sunday in March and then flatline the rest of the year

"flatline" is generous. I--literally--forget about the existence of that network until the opening day of the tournament. By the time all games return to CBS, it's a memory, at best.

I dont think we the play in game crowd fail at logic. Looking at the logical dynamics, this is a play in game for entry into the field of 64. When the NCAA chose to add these games, even they called them play in games back in 2011. The fact that they changed the terminology to be more friendly and all inclusive does not change the fact that logically these are play in games.

Using that logic then the round of 64 are play in games as well....play in games into the round of 32. Round of 32 are play in games for the Sweet 16, Sweet 16 are play in games into the Elite 8, so on and so forth.

I’m thinking that’s where we’re headed after these last few games. If not the NIT.
they will get in. They haven't played like a tournament team of late but there will be in. I do not believe they will be in the first four either. Just in. If they lose to Illinois by 20, that could be a different story, but until that happens, they are in! Put it in the books.

Despite the putrid basketball of late Iowa will most likely be in the tournament. The only thing that might knock them out is Illinois kicking their ass tonight. Since Rutgers already did it in Iowa City this scenario is not out of the question. Also can't afford more bids being stolen by bad teams winning conference tournaments.

How do people not understand the First Four is part of the NCAA tournament? So you think yourown opinion should matter more than the group who actually creates the tournament? Does Iowa's win a few years ago not count as a tourney win? It was a scrimmage to get into the real tourney?

Not agreeing with is not the same as not understanding. Functionally, the first four are play in games for the field of 64. They can call them anything they want.

Not agreeing with is not the same as not understanding. Functionally, the first four are play in games for the field of 64. They can call them anything they want.

I agree 100% the field should've stayed at 64, sioux34. It's a joke that more average at large teams will get in to make more $$ for the NCAA. But they expanded and the tourney field is now at 68. Your name comes up on Selection Sunday as part of the tournament. You celebrate making the dance like anybody else.

Let me ask you a question. Could one of these so called "play in teams" eventually have a chance at winning the NC if keep winning, even though a very long shot? That's what a tournament is, bro.

If they have a chance to win the whole f'ing thing, then they are a part of the tournament.

Latest posts