Pipe Dream

Moss can get freaky hot from the outside. He is also pretty good at driving in and around the hoop and drawing fouls. He is a very good free throw shooter. I would guess 80% from the line. What is freaky hot? Remember the first half of the ISU game this year? He lit up ISU for 6 first half three pointers! Now that is flat out fun!!!
Moss is one of those players that has to have the ball in his hands in order to make a difference in a game. It's who he is. That's a recipe for great Moss stats but not a recipe for winning BIG games, necessarily. The best thing to do with a guy like Moss is try and get him involved early and see where it takes you in the first half. If he's on, he'll draw plenty of defensive attention and then you can work the ball away from him to other players. Moss is a tricky player because you absolutely can go down in flames with a kid like him. You have to tread carefully in how you use him.

The shooting part and the feeding the post part, I disagree. Moss has always been a "feelings" type of player, not the "cerebral" player. He makes athletic plays where he doesn't really have to think about a lot of things like where his feet are (long 2 pt vs. 3 pt shot) or a pass to a posted up player (I think the only 2 on the team that do this well are Jordan and Connor). I believe it's the way he played up until he got to the college level.

There have been multiple times each game Cook has been wide open when right away when Moss receives the pass & Moss isn't even looking inside. Or Joe is not covered on the wing. Instead, Moss drives the lane into a sgl or dbl defender & forces a shot or jumps into the air with no where to go. There also is no hustle to his game. Jog, but no hustle. I agree, he isn't the only one on the team, but his decision making is bad & he shouldn't be starting.

Call it whatever you want, cerebral or a feeling, i call it lost points that do not show up in the stat book. Watch his decision making aganst OSU.

Moss can get freaky hot from the outside. He is also pretty good at driving in and around the hoop and drawing fouls. He is a very good free throw shooter. I would guess 80% from the line. What is freaky hot? Remember the first half of the ISU game this year? He lit up ISU for 6 first half three pointers! Now that is flat out fun!!!

I agree, he's been automatic from the free throw line.

Moss had the biggest offensive rebound and put back against Nebraska late in the game.

Moss has been better these last 2 game.

I thought the broadcaster did a good job of describing Moss as a baller. He’s getting closer to a being a more polished player.

I like what I’ve seen these last 2 games

Moss's offensive rebound against Debbie was the 1st time all season i've seen him crash to the offensive board on a ahot. I almost fell off my chair. Majority of his boards have been right place, right time.

Reason I am hard on Moss = one play in particular in the 1st half against nebraska. Moss ignores a pick at the top of the key & drives the lane. 4 defenders are in the paint. Moss jumps in the air & makes a 2 ft pass to Kriener, who has 2 defenders on him. Turnover.

There were 4 defenders in the paint & he jumps in the air with nowhere to go. Iowa had 3 open shooters on the outside. This isn't always a turnover, sometimes a missed shot but the decision to force the drive with no where to go is typical Moss.

Moss's offensive rebound against Debbie was the 1st time all season i've seen him crash to the offensive board on a ahot. I almost fell off my chair. Majority of his boards have been right place, right time.

Reason I am hard on Moss = one play in particular in the 1st half against nebraska. Moss ignores a pick at the top of the key & drives the lane. 4 defenders are in the paint. Moss jumps in the air & makes a 2 ft pass to Kriener, who has 2 defenders on him. Turnover.

There were 4 defenders in the paint & he jumps in the air with nowhere to go. Iowa had 3 open shooters on the outside. This isn't always a turnover, sometimes a missed shot but the decision to force the drive with no where to go is typical Moss.
Moss has no idea how effective he could be on the offensive glass. He's quick enough and long enough to get 2 or 3 a game. It's a waste.

Latest posts