Peter Jok last two nights

Sorry, I ain't going to get carried away by the kid's stats in Iowa high school games. Simply does not translate to BoneG-level competition.

Other than the little bit of TV highlights, haven't seen him play. But the very little on the TV highlights show someone a little more than disinterested on the defensive end. Anyone know if he can or will defend?

Sorry, I ain't going to get carried away by the kid's stats in Iowa high school games. Simply does not translate to BoneG-level competition.

Yeah, how you play in Iowa doesn't translate at all to the High Major Basketball.

Signed,
Harrison Barnes
Kirk Hinrich
Jeff Horner
Greg Brunner
Raef LaFrentz
Nick Collison
Ricky Davis
Fred Hoiberg
Bobby Hanson
Dean Oliver
Kyle Korver
Jess Settles

Yeah, how you play in Iowa doesn't translate at all to the High Major Basketball.

Signed,
Harrison Barnes
Kirk Hinrich
Jeff Horner
Greg Brunner
Raef LaFrentz
Nick Collison
Ricky Davis
Fred Hoiberg
Bobby Hanson
Dean Oliver
Kyle Korver
Jess Settles

You forgot Woodbury Doosh!

The kid looks explosive toward the rim in the video. It was good to see him show some defensive ability in one of the videos. If he doesn't play defense he will find the bench to a familair spot. However I think he will be fine. He will have a tough time finding minutes to play with Oglesby already on the team. Oglesby as we all know is one of the best shooters Fran has ever seen.

The kid looks explosive toward the rim in the video. It was good to see him show some defensive ability in one of the videos. If he doesn't play defense he will find the bench to a familair spot. However I think he will be fine. He will have a tough time finding minutes to play with Oglesby already on the team. Oglesby as we all know is one of the best shooters Fran has ever seen.

Hyperbole. Kid has a slow release. Good shooter, not great.

- people who say he doesn't play defense or doesn't seem interested on the defensive side of the ball but yet they have only seen highlight from youtube or the tv are just a joke. Not many highlight vids are of people on defense. Also, did you not see him in the latest video get back and block a kids lay-up?

- The only critique I have about his game from watching the latest Mixtape is that I wish he would dunk the ball when he is right at the rim instead of just laying it in. Those lay ins won't work as much in the college game. Just ask Woodbury.

Hyperbole. Kid has a slow release. Good shooter, not great.

Even though I made that comment with tongue in cheek I do hope he comes around and relaxes and starts doing during game situations what I have heard he does in practices, meaning the kid hardly misses in practice.

Signed,
Harrison Barnes
Kirk Hinrich
Jeff Horner
Greg Brunner
Raef LaFrentz
Nick Collison
Ricky Davis
Fred Hoiberg
Bobby Hanson
Dean Oliver
Kyle Korver
Jess Settles

Congrats, CAAAAAR, you completely missed my point. Go back to calculating kurt's success/fail cycles.

Props to anyone that understands this. Sometimes teams get so enamored with the 3 pt shot that they don't attack the rim and then shot few free throws and blame refs. The aggressors get the calls. We get more free throw attempts with fran as the coach because the system is built more around attacking the basket where lick's system was about draining clock and getting a good mid range or outside shot.
in fridays game both teams got to the ft line over 35 yimes with Valley shooting 41, 12 alone by Jok
for a team to shoot that many FT's in one game and then turn around the next and only shoot 12, makes me curious, escpecially in a close game

This could be ridiculous comparison, but they are related...his shot (form) looks like his cousin (L. Deng). He does not need a lot of separation to get it off, since he is tall and long-armed, but he also has a high and quick release. My only concern is that he goes to the floor easily and awkwardly often when he drives. Suggests some concern about his legs. The kid has obviously lived in the gym/weight room. Cannot question his work ethic to get back to this level.

You know every time one team attempts more free throws it doesn't mean the other team got hosed by the refs. Some teams just attack the paint more which means more FT.

True, but that was not the case last night. Blue Valley did not attack the basket that much. Some of the calls were just incredible. The refs were clearly over matched. You could not fight over top of a screen without committing a foul. There were two awful charge calls on Jok in the 4th quarter that completely changed the game. Both times the player was virtually under the basket. They have the arch on the floor at Wells Fargo and each time the player was literally 3 feet inside the arch when contact was made well after Jok released the ball. Neither time was it square contact as Pete had slid to the side in the air to avoid contact.

True, but that was not the case last night. Blue Valley did not attack the basket that much. Some of the calls were just incredible. The refs were clearly over matched. You could not fight over top of a screen without committing a foul. There were two awful charge calls on Jok in the 4th quarter that completely changed the game. Both times the player was virtually under the basket. They have the arch on the floor at Wells Fargo and each time the player was literally 3 feet inside the arch when contact was made well after Jok released the ball. Neither time was it square contact as Pete had slid to the side in the air to avoid contact.

The arch means absolutely nothing in hs basketball. And it doesn't need to be square contact for a charge. Though I like your feedback more than someone who wasn't there and is just comparing the numbers from the box score. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts