Peter Jok last two nights

One of frans best qualities is that from game to game he will play the best 5 regardless of positions. If you play well, you'll play.

Uthoff will find most of his minutes at the 3 as he is more wing than he is 4. Jok and ogelsby will battle for time behind gesell and for time behind marble not to mention marble will play some 2 next yr and we will see him and uthoff as the wings.

I really think ingram and olaseni will find themselves on the outside of the rotation again. Only way I see meyer getting time is at the 5. But if olaseni can improve enough I could see him get the minutes over meyer. Plus it seems like mccabe (though short) plays best at the 5.

1 - clemmons, gesell, marble
2 - gesell, jok, ogelsby, marble, ingram
3 - marble, uthoff, jok
4 - white, basabe, mccabe, uthoff, meyer
5 - woodbury, olaseni, mccabe, meyer

Minutes will be hard to come by. And the big thing that I see is we add 2 3 point shooters (jok and uthoff). Best thing is we have even more scorers. That team could be a top 5 or 10 scoring team in the nation and probably the top scoring team in the b1g. The key will be keeping everyone looking at the big picture that if you are having a bad night or someone else is just feeling it then they can play and you sit. And that the next night that role could easily reverse.

So Uthoff is gonna get the majority of his minutes at the 3 chasing around athlectic 3s? sure. ok. Dream on.

As much as anything, if Fran can keep everyone focused on the main goal being winning, he will have a lot of chess pieces game to game, half to half, situation to situation. As many as any Iowa team since perhaps 86-87. That doesn't mean they will be a great team like the 86-87 team. Not saying that.

I do think Uthoff will be more of a 3 than White. Seems like he was more offense and shooting ability when he was being recruited.

So Uthoff is gonna get the majority of his minutes at the 3 chasing around athlectic 3s? sure. ok. Dream on.

If you have seen the kid play live you would understand that he is a wing. He is not a great defender but he will be better than white was guarding the 3. The major difference is that he won't look like a fish out of water on the offensive end on the wing.

But I forgot your name is a contradiction as you know very little about basketball.

Would you sit Gesell to get more minutes for Ingram?

that's pretty funny

not saying it's likely

ingram's future is probably as a situational substitute for defense. you probably give up too much offense with him and clemmons on the floor together, so ingram only makes sense as a defensive sub if gesell slides up to the point...and now you have the question of whether you're giving up too much defensively at the point if you go with gesell for a stretch rather than clemmons. if gesell can handle the opposing 1, but the opposing 2 needs a stopper, you might go with ingram and sit clemmons for a few.

if, if, if ingram's d is what fran hyped it to be (skeptical cough)

Latest posts