Per Mike Hlas: Adam Robinson is back in DSM

Re: Per Mike Hlas: Adam Robinson is back

Neither Robinson nor Wegher was a "great" player. Neither had great potential. Both are deeply flawed young men.
Let's look forward, not backward.

Are you also using GofG? You're going crazy man!

Again, I feel compelled to remind all you ARob "haters" that he suffered 2 concussions within 21 days during the 2010 season. As Rob Howe points out in the article below, ARob had more carries in a 3 game stretch (Penn St. - Wisconsin) in 2010 than any other running back in FBS.

I think it is fair to say that any problems ARob might have been having in the classroom, or making sound judgments, prior to and during that point in the season where he carried the entire workload for KF's gound game, very well could have been exacerbated with the subsequent concussions.

KF downplayed the significance of his concussions, comparing them to knee injuries as just a part of football, followed by his infamous "suffering from academic indigestion" quote.

Maybe someone can explain what ARob was so guilty of that would that seemingly cause such little patience on KF's part especially given his concussions? Was it just the possession charge or was something nefarious going on? I am far from being in the know, but it sure seemed at the time that KF was pretty insensitive, especially toward a player who brought his lunch pail to practice and almost every game in the 2010 season.

I wish ARob well. He should be remembered as one of the hardest working most under appreciated Hawkeyes of all-time.

Adam Robinson Injured? | Hawkeye Nation

Sorry guys. I don't mean to be crappy about it.
It's just kind of a pisser that he had so much going for him (and BW) and now being back home must really suck.
It's amazing how some decisions can change your life so quickly.

This does not explain why you used a misleading thread title and have not yet fixed it through the magic of editing.

I hope he's seeing a dr regularly about his concussion/brain issue. He needs to stay on top of that issue for his long term health.

Crazy, both wehger and robinson ruin their careers and never play a down again. Two great players with great potential, talent wasted. Thats just sad, I was looking forward to seeing wehger play all four yrs before all that crap happend, he wouldv been somthing else. Oh well.
Neither Robinson nor Wegher was a "great" player. Neither had great potential. Both are deeply flawed young men.Let's look forward, not backward.

Are you crazy? BW owns all of iowas highschool rushing records (idk if hill has broken any) but many claimed him to be the next tim dwight, I remember Jon making that claim on the radio acouple times. Wehger had tons of potential and couldv been a great player like tim dwight.

If Wegher would have played four years, I believe he could've been great for Iowa. Oh well, he threw it all away and we'll never know.

Iowa has had a few truly great backs over the past 30 years. Neither wegher nor robinson is on that list.

Iowa has had a few truly great backs over the past 30 years. Neither wegher nor robinson is on that list.

what they showed as a frosh tandem was great for frosh. and if they'd kept their noses clean they could have been a great tandem for 4 yrs. the toughness of arob is second to none and wegher might have been the best homerun threat we've had at rb under kf.

I think wegher wouldv spent the rest of his career returning punts/kickoffs, he had crazy speed. he wouldv playes RB also, but as a secondary back like it was his fresh yr.

Again, I feel compelled to remind all you ARob "haters" that he suffered 2 concussions within 21 days during the 2010 season. As Rob Howe points out in the article below, ARob had more carries in a 3 game stretch (Penn St. - Wisconsin) in 2010 than any other running back in FBS.

I think it is fair to say that any problems ARob might have been having in the classroom, or making sound judgments, prior to and during that point in the season where he carried the entire workload for KF's gound game, very well could have been exacerbated with the subsequent concussions.

KF downplayed the significance of his concussions, comparing them to knee injuries as just a part of football, followed by his infamous "suffering from academic indigestion" quote.

Maybe someone can explain what ARob was so guilty of that would that seemingly cause such little patience on KF's part especially given his concussions? Was it just the possession charge or was something nefarious going on? I am far from being in the know, but it sure seemed at the time that KF was pretty insensitive, especially toward a player who brought his lunch pail to practice and almost every game in the 2010 season.

I wish ARob well. He should be remembered as one of the hardest working most under appreciated Hawkeyes of all-time.

Adam Robinson Injured? | Hawkeye Nation

except you don't know how many transgressions arob had privately. how many drug test fails, etc. i'm guessing the stuff we the public was privy too wasn't his first rodeo with choosing the wrong path.

The sad irony of Adam's story, and Garmon's to an extent(and anyone else caught with the wacky weed), is that in 5 years you'll be able to walk into a Kum 'n Go and there will be an "Herbal" section right next to the Marlboro's.

Just like gay rights, our laws are behind society's values. (I added that just for Homerchampless).

Re:per Mike Hlas: Adam Robinson is back

No where in the article does Hlas say that Robinson is back. Terribly misleading. I really hope the best for him.

The sad irony of Adam's story, and Garmon's to an extent(and anyone else caught with the wacky weed), is that in 5 years you'll be able to walk into a Kum 'n Go and there will be an "Herbal" section right next to the Marlboro's.

Just like gay rights, our laws are behind society's values. (I added that just for Homerchampless).

but, interestingly enough, given a chance, society never votes in favor of the values you say the laws are behind on.

but, interestingly enough, given a chance, society never votes in favor of the values you say the laws are behind on.
That's why it's ironic. Almost everyone I went to school with smoked, but because they have kids now they would vote against legalization.

I didn't mean to change the subject, and I agree with your thought that there may be things that we don't know. I just think that it's unfortunate for Robinson, that he is penalized for behavior that people his age don't find abnormal. If he had been out drinking with his buddies and gotten a DUI, he would have gotten a 2 game suspension. Neither is right, but one gets you a suspension and the other gets you kicked off the team. And for kids his age, I don't think they see a difference.

Last edited:

arob was at best a serviceable rb who had the least talent and potential of any iowa back seeing significant pt since sam brownlee.

arob was at best a serviceable rb who had the least talent and potential of any iowa back seeing significant pt since sam brownlee.

Your not as fun anymore since you got your new job.

I liked arob. Hope he gets his life together.

I don't harbor any bad feelings or bad wishes for him I just don't think you was a very good running back

Latest posts