Per Mike Hlas: Adam Robinson is back in DSM

Robinson was serviceable; Wegher was mercurial. Neither was great, and I don't believe either would have become great, if they had what it took to stick around four years.

And was Freddy Russell great or even AY?!?! Shonn Greene was, but isn't he the ceiling?! Do the others really compare to him....??

And was Freddy Russell great or even AY?!?! Shonn Greene was, but isn't he the ceiling?! Do the others really compare to him....??

I don't care. I am keying on the post by Berg in which he claimed AR and BW were great and had great potential. And then a bunch of other koolaid drinkers jumped in the thread to drone on and on about the magnificence of AR. It's pure revisionist history, imo.
I vehemently disagree and I've explained why, Chadvernhawk. :D

I don't care. I am keying on the post by Berg in which he claimed AR and BW were great and had great potential. And then a bunch of other koolaid drinkers jumped in the thread to drone on and on about the magnificence of AR. It's pure revisionist history, imo.
I vehemently disagree and I've explained why, Chadvernhawk. :D

I like the Joke, all the same you haven't cleary explained anything. So although ARob certainly wasn't all-Pro he was a solid Big10 back.

I like the Joke, all the same you haven't cleary explained anything. So although ARob certainly wasn't all-Pro he was a solid Big10 back.

Then you and Berg need to define great, I guess. I know my definition of great, and AR wasn't it.
Solid does not equal great.
You follow?

Then you and Berg need to define great, I guess. I know my definition of great, and AR wasn't it.
Solid does not equal great.
You follow?

No I don't and you don't either......I never said great and I don't think he did either. Your just being argumentative.

Re: Per Mike Hlas: Adam Robinson is back

Crazy, both wehger and robinson ruin their careers and never play a down again. Two great players with great potential, talent wasted. Thats just sad, I was looking forward to seeing wehger play all four yrs before all that crap happend, he wouldv been somthing else. Oh well.

HEY CM, LOOKY AT BOLD ABOVE.

And then when I disagreed, Berg asked me if I am "crazy". :confused:

Pls, no personal attacks or innuendo in here, OK? I am on JD's sh!t list and I'm trying to earn my way off of it.

I would say you are doing very well in that. I would expect you to be gone by the middle of next week. Then time for another alt.

HEY CM, LOOKY AT BOLD ABOVE.

And then when I disagreed, Berg asked me if I am "crazy". :confused:

Then I stand corrected on Berg, but Berg ain't me now is he.... His numbers are quite comparable to our "other" good backs outside of Shonn Greene and possibly Coker who is another kid Iowa fans complained about to a degree….and here we are back full circle…:D

Then I stand corrected on Berg, but Berg ain't me now is he.... His numbers are quite comparable to our "other" good backs outside of Shonn Greene and possibly Coker who is another kid Iowa fans complained about to a degree….and here we are back full circle…:D

I became a Hawkeye in the early 1980s. I have seen several great backs play for Hayden and Kirk. AR and BW aren't on the list.
This was my only and entire point.
Have a nice evening, Chad! :)

I would say you are doing very well in that. I would expect you to be gone by the middle of next week. Then time for another alt.

Links to my alleged personal attacks, frienemy? Or should I call you KMAJHawkeye instead?

I became a Hawkeye in the early 1980s. I have seen several great backs play for Hayden and Kirk. AR and BW aren't on the list.
This was my only and entire point.
Have a nice evening, Chad! :)

As have I….let’s find 8 clearly better and proved some stats and real, tangible reasons why…Ill start…

Denis Mosley was very good, but not definitively better than Arob….

Rick Bayless……loved Rick but no….

I was a huge Owen Gill fan, but also not definitively better…does have nice career numbers but his last season he had 920 yards, 4 tds at 4.6 yards, similar to what people pooh-pooh Arob for….for the record he did average 6.2 per carry the year before for 698 yds…

Ronnie Harmon….stud not even comparable!!!

Nick Bell…had a super year as a Sr where he averaged 6.1 for 1009 yards and 12 TD’s…some would say so I’m sure. Number #13 on the career list in 3 years to Adams #14 in 2….hmmmmmm

Tony Stewart, very solid…..best year was 4.8 for 1038 and 8 tds. But not necessarily.

Kevin Harmon…no

Ryan Terry…no, but solid.

Mike Saunders no but also underrated.

Sedrick Shaw……man did I love to watch Sed run, he was tough as nails…. Yes he was better.

Tavian Banks, yes without a doubt but he did not run as well between the tackles sadly or we would have had better luck against tough run D’s!

Ladell Betts…definitely and also underrated.

Freddy Russell….many would say so, and I probably would too, but not by as much as some would like to pretend. FR wasn’t overly fast himself…just shifty. Also not has hardnosed between the tackles.

AY….A good Hawkeye and yes, but again, not by a land slide as some would suggest.

Shonn Green…….without a doubt of course……

Marcus Coker……yes, also unappreciated.

So, that’s 6 clearly better (it’s a pretty impressive list) and 2 or 3 some would argue about. I’m glad you inspired me to do this…..in 21 games Arob put together some very nice stats to be 14th on the career chart. So once again I’ll say he is better than Iowa fans sadly give him credit for…..obviously there are some other periphery players that were pretty talented but for whatever reason didn’t star!

Wegher, whom I liked to watch as well, was no Arob for instance.

http://www.totalfootballstats.com/RushingLeaders_Career.asp?id=88

the only statistics robinson hold his own and is rushing yards. rushing yards is the single most overrated stats for an individual running back.

outside of brownlee robinson is the worst starting running back in the kf era by a large margin. The meadurables back that up as do the statistics you provided.

oh and before you go off on ay not being talented thing don't forget he played a couple years in the league and some playing time as minnesota's third down back.

oh and before you go off on ay not being talented thing don't forget he played a couple years in the league and some playing time as minnesota's third down back.

Would never do that, I loved AY....and besides your come back says enuff. Arob was a solid back and smarter people than you and I would agree.

Last edited:
10 backs better than ARob since I was born (1983):

Sedrick Shaw
Tavian Banks
Ladell Betts
Albert Young
Jermelle Lewis
Ronnie Harmon
Nick Bell
Fred Russell
Shonn Greene
Marcus Coker