Per Mike Hlas: Adam Robinson is back in DSM

Re: Per Mike Hlas: Adam Robinson is back

Crazy, both wehger and robinson ruin their careers and never play a down again. Two great players with great potential, talent wasted. Thats just sad, I was looking forward to seeing wehger play all four yrs before all that crap happend, he wouldv been somthing else. Oh well.
Neither Robinson nor Wegher was a "great" player. Neither had great potential. Both are deeply flawed young men.Let's look forward, not backward.

I don't think that's fair to say, they both had great potential, but let's look forward.

but, interestingly enough, given a chance, society never votes in favor of the values you say the laws are behind on.

Very true, very, very true.....in fact I'm not hugely against marijuana per se, but I would not vote to legalize it either. The other deal I’ll leave alone….

arob was at best a serviceable rb who had the least talent and potential of any iowa back seeing significant pt since sam brownlee.

Sad to see you say this.....Ive really understood and got behind your thoughts on several issues recently. Your all wet here...

Sad to see you say this.....Ive really understood and got behind your thoughts on several issues recently. Your all wet here...

Well lets see who has had significant playing time since Brownlee in 2004.

Albert Young
Damian Sims
Shonn Greene
Jewel Hampton
Brandon Wegher
Adam Robinson
Marcus Coker

Its not that unfair to saw ARob was the least talented of that bunch. I might give him the edge over Sims, but just barely.

Well lets see who has had significant playing time since Brownlee in 2004. Albert Young Damian SimsShonn GreeneJewel HamptonBrandon WegherAdam RobinsonMarcus Coker Its not that unfair to saw ARob was the least talented of that bunch. I might give him the edge over Sims, but just barely.

he had less talent than all of those rbs but he was as tough as any of them. cant measure heart and on the football field he had that. he just made mistakes. a lot of them that werent public but in house. he was pretty much on double secret probation (to the public but he knew) when we found out about things (going from what i was told from people around the program i could be wrong but he was given a lot of rope).

he had less talent than all of those rbs but he was as tough as any of them. cant measure heart and on the football field he had that. he just made mistakes. a lot of them that werent public but in house. he was pretty much on double secret probation (to the public but he knew) when we found out about things (going from what i was told from people around the program i could be wrong but he was given a lot of rope).

And the bolded was all Duff said. Nobody mentioned a word about ARob's toughness or heart.

So you agree with Duff.

And the bolded was all Duff said. Nobody mentioned a word about ARob's toughness or heart. So you agree with Duff.

yes and no. talent isnt the end all be all of how good someone is. results matter and he had great results for how young he was.

arob was at best a serviceable rb who had the least talent and potential of any iowa back seeing significant pt since sam brownlee.

Well lets see who has had significant playing time since Brownlee in 2004.

Albert Young
Damian Sims
Shonn Greene
Jewel Hampton
Brandon Wegher
Adam Robinson
Marcus Coker

Its not that unfair to saw ARob was the least talented of that bunch. I might give him the edge over Sims, but just barely.

Once again, nobody was arguing against the numbers ARob put up in his time at Iowa. Just pure talent. It isnt that hard.

The title of this thread is ridiculous. Are you that hard for attention? Just title it "Look at ME!!" next time jack wagon.

sometimes toughness is doing the right thing off the field. arob wasnt very tough in my book either.

sims was light years more talented than arob. he averaged over six ypc one year.

Once again, nobody was arguing against the numbers ARob put up in his time at Iowa. Just pure talent. It isnt that hard.

I tend to agree, ARob wasn't greatly talented. He was a good RB, that's about it. Like or not we don't get the most talented backs and as mentioned it's pretty clear that he isn't even as talented as many previous backs in our own history. The offense in the past wasn't predicated on a need for a talented back. We've had pretty solid OL and the ability to pass to keep D's honest against the run.

sometimes toughness is doing the right thing off the field. arob wasnt very tough in my book either.sims was light years more talented than arob. he averaged over six ypc one year.

yes he was more talented athletically. but he was a secondary piece and not the main guy at rb. even while arob split time with wegher i think most would say he carried more of the load. talent isnt always the key. i do agree that he was the least talented of that group but as a rb (not taking into account his off field stuff) i dont think he would be last on that list as who i would take.

here is and example...emmitt smith and barry sanders...one had a more productive career and one had more talent. you can argue team they were on or whatever but emmitt was very efficient and effective with less talent than barry while barry many times got negative gains looking for the homerun. arob was very effective and efficient. no he didnt have loads of talent but he did more with what he had than most of the guys on that list if you ask me. key word dont skip it "most".

The title of this thread is ridiculous. Are you that hard for attention? Just title it "Look at ME!!" next time jack wagon.

...and you fell for it. A lot of people try to make catchy thread titles. Good grief! Get over it.

yes he was more talented athletically. but he was a secondary piece and not the main guy at rb. even while arob split time with wegher i think most would say he carried more of the load. talent isnt always the key. i do agree that he was the least talented of that group but as a rb (not taking into account his off field stuff) i dont think he would be last on that list as who i would take.

here is and example...emmitt smith and barry sanders...one had a more productive career and one had more talent. you can argue team they were on or whatever but emmitt was very efficient and effective with less talent than barry while barry many times got negative gains looking for the homerun. arob was very effective and efficient. no he didnt have loads of talent but he did more with what he had than most of the guys on that list if you ask me. key word dont skip it "most".

Not even close. Emmitt played 5 more years than Sanders. Sanders would have shattered Smith's yardage total had they played the same amount of years.

This isn't the best analogy to use. Emmitt and Barry were both extremely talented just in different ways. I would buy the argument that Barry relied more on talent for production, but consequently one common misconception about Barry's career was that he had no OL when that isn't true. Outside of a couple years he arguably has some of the better OL's in the NFL.

I think you're undervaluing Emmett's abilities in order to make a point that isn't really directly analogous to ARob.

arob was not talented, nor incredibly productive. the BEST thing I can say about him is he was an overachiever. he got a lot out of what he had. that said he wasnt an exceptional performer and was a lousy teamate.

sometimes toughness is doing the right thing off the field. arob wasnt very tough in my book either.sims was light years more talented than arob. he averaged over six ypc one year.
yes he was more talented athletically. but he was a secondary piece and not the main guy at rb. even while arob split time with wegher i think most would say he carried more of the load. talent isnt always the key. i do agree that he was the least talented of that group but as a rb (not taking into account his off field stuff) i dont think he would be last on that list as who i would take.here is and example...emmitt smith and barry sanders...one had a more productive career and one had more talent. you can argue team they were on or whatever but emmitt was very efficient and effective with less talent than barry while barry many times got negative gains looking for the homerun. arob was very effective and efficient. no he didnt have loads of talent but he did more with what he had than most of the guys on that list if you ask me. key word dont skip it "most=".

simms was every bit as important to the teams he played on as was arob

Actually the Sanders vs Smith arguement is perfect......Smith was a machine and tough as nails. He wasnt fast at ALL....best time he ever ran AFTER a couple months of speed training was a 4.6. He wasnt particularly shifty, but he hit the hole hard and fell foward. He was durable and reliable. He doesnt even register on the "meter" that was Barry Sanders......

Sanders on the other hand was breath taking, yet until the day he retired they STILL took him out inside the 10....Thats when an Arob would get put in......People are waaaaayyyyyyyy too caught up in what "they" consider to be "talent"!!!!

I want to stress this again...............there have to have been litterally 100's of Tb's who played in the NFL that were more purely talented and athletic than Emmit Smith, yet there he is......I don't like Big D nor was I a Smith fan but he is the litmus test for guys with bad measurables who excelled on heart, passion and hitting the hole.

Actually the Sanders vs Smith arguement is perfect......Smith was a machine and tough as nails. He wasnt fast at ALL....best time he ever ran AFTER a couple months of speed training was a 4.6. He wasnt particularly shifty, but he hit the hole hard and fell foward. He was durable and reliable. He doesnt even register on the "meter" that was Barry Sanders......

Sanders on the other hand was breath taking, yet until the day he retired they STILL took him out inside the 10....Thats when an Arob would get put in......People are waaaaayyyyyyyy too caught up in what "they" consider to be "talent"!!!!

I want to stress this again...............there have to have been litterally 100's of Tb's who played in the NFL that were more purely talented and athletic than Emmit Smith, yet there he is......I don't like Big D nor was I a Smith fan but he is the litmus test for guys with bad measurables who excelled on heart, passion and hitting the hole.

Im sorry but you dont become the all time leading rusher in NFL history if you dont have all-pro talent. The bolded part is ridiculous.

Im sorry but you dont become the all time leading rusher in NFL history if you dont have all-pro talent. The bolded part is ridiculous.

Yep I was expecting this, just didn't get back in time to edit this in so here go......Thought I’d better edit in a caveat because I know how some of you think…..lol! The 100’s comment I made may seem strong, but consider this. I will stop just short of guaranteeing that there are bare minimum 50 plus rbers currently in the NFL who ran better to way, way, way better than 4.6 forties. They’ll have better shuttles, height, weight, etc…..

Lastly Iowa fans for some reason will never give Arob the credit that he deserved. I agree he proved to be a selfish teammate, but to compare him to a Damian Sims who would not have beaten him out is really looking down your nose at him. Remember we all read this site and I remember everyone gushing about Coker and his speed after the Missouri game. Flash forward a year and he was suddenly slow…so to tell you truth everything said on here needs to be taken with a huge dose of salt and a malaria pill…:D

Latest posts