Penn State should give up football for a period of time

"Shocking & callous disregard for child victims"
WE ARE PENN ST.

Jim Delany is a coward and a punk if he sits idly by and does nothing. Same for each university president at EVERY B1G school, including Sally Mason.

In my eyes, if these people in power, do nothing, I can no longer support Iowa or the B1G.

Bye

You support a school, that if it does nothing, HELPS PSU recover and associates itself with.

Would you support your neighbor if he did this? Ignore it? Have him over for family gatherings and bbq's? Help him straighten his life out?

This is not a difficult issue.
You are either pro child rape or you are not.

Your analogy is messed up. The people who did the actual rape and coverup are gone and will be punished accordingly.

So in your analogy, I'm not supporting the man who committed child rape, I'm supporting his children who are now under attack by whackos like you who want the entire family to be hung from a tree.

Yet, you can support the NCAA and other conferences? Where does the line stop for personal responsibility?

Listen, what happened at Penn State is a tragedy, but there are processes in place to deal with what happened. People are being tried in court. Lawsuits will persist and settlements and penalties will be paid out to victims.

The truth is simple here, you can never, ever repay for these types of crimes. Send people jail, pay penalties, shut down football...keep pushing the envelope as far as you want, but it will never undo the pain and suffering that people experienced. Even suspending PSU football...which is probably the proper mechanism for the university to use to help fund the payouts anyway.

Please stop making sense and being reasonable. It flies in the face of what these boards are about :)

I don't want repaid.
I want PSU out of the B1G and not associated with the University of Iowa in any way.
Every minute Iowa is associated with PSU is a minute too long.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but it doesn't change the facts.

I think Penn State football should keep going. That way the university can afford to pay all the victims the money that is owed them.

I don't want repaid.
I want PSU out of the B1G and not associated with the University of Iowa in any way.
Every minute Iowa is associated with PSU is a minute too long.

So, we should have boycotted the 2003 Orange Bowl when OJ Simpson was hanging out with the Trojans at practices, etc.?

And of course, we better not EVER play any school who has an alum that gets convicted of murder.

And let's skip any games where there "might" be a problem.

Get a grip. As an intelligent poster pointed out, football will be the very mechanism that will fund the financial penalties PSU will have.

Unless, of course, they sell Cappy's Heisman...

Some of you do not have a clue to the seriousness of this case as I see many of you trying to compare this to other crimes that has been committed, one poster even compared this situation to crimes that have been committed at Iowa. We are talking about more than just a crime that took place in the football locker room, that you could compare to other crimes (murder, rape, ect), in this case we are talking about an institution that not only knew about these crimes being committed but allowed them to continuously happen, doing nothing to stop it. How many victims could have been spared had JoePa (and others) reported Sandusky when they initially found out?

It is obvious they knew back in 1998 when they forced Sandusky to retire, I am guessing they knew about this well before. Those of you attempting to rationalize this crime by comparing it to others that have happened are clueless, OJ Simpson.....REALLY????? We are not talking about an institution that did the right thing here and put a stop to it. Sandusky could have been tried, put away, and long forgot about by now had they did the right thing back when they initially found out about it. Instead they covered it up and now want to make excuses, still trying to cover it up to this day.

If the NCAA doesn't step in and whack them with a LOIC charge I'd be shocked. But, then again, it is the NCAA we are talking about.

I feel the same way, but you're right, this is the NCAA we're talking about.

At some level, the program needs to pay. It's not up to me to say how they pay (civil suit $, sanctions, other restrictions?), but there was corruption at high levels in the football program and at senior levels of PSU's administration. This corruption allowed more children to be raped.

This isn't just about Sandusky, or JoPa.

So, we should have boycotted the 2003 Orange Bowl when OJ Simpson was hanging out with the Trojans at practices, etc.?

And of course, we better not EVER play any school who has an alum that gets convicted of murder.

Get a grip. As an intelligent poster pointed out, football will be the very mechanism that will fund the financial penalties PSU will have.

You go read the report & get back to me.
If you're good with Iowa remaining a "partner" with PSU, well, then, I don't know what to tell you.

Not a good comparison, IMHO. Apples to orange bowl comparison, if you will.

Yes, not having Penn St is the conference would completely throw off the balance between the divisions. You don't think this would be a major problem?

A "major problem" is children being raped for over a freaking decade, dude.

Iowa having a hiccup in their schedule for a few years is a blip.
Go back to no divisions, problem solved.
Geesh.

If the NCAA had any decency at all it would impose the death penalty.

But it doesn't and it won't.

You're a lawyer right? Well as a lawyer, how easy of a case would you have if your client was punished by a governing body while not violating a single rule of said governing body?

A "major problem" is children being raped for over a freaking decade, dude.

Iowa having a hiccup in their schedule for a few years is a blip.
Go back to no divisions, problem solved.
Geesh.

LOL like this is an easy solution, this would cause major logistical problems. Re-doing all the schedules would be a major headache, plus having to go back to no divisions after all the flack the B10 took for the division names last year would be a major embarassment for the conference.

You're a lawyer right? Well as a lawyer, how easy of a case would you have if your client was punished by a governing body while not violating a single rule of said governing body?

You're going to argue to me that what Penn State engaged in is outside the purview and jurisdiction of the NCAA?

OK.

I'll just leave that one for others to chew on.

What the hell are you talking about.
They literally broke every single rule of compliance in the book.
Read the report dork

My God.

Latest posts