Other board reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgoblee

that Barta has 4 interviews set with current head coaches, 2 today and 2 tomorrow.. sorry if this has been posted here already.

NOTE FROM JON: As I have said elsewhere in this post, I don't want to see copying and pasting of premium info from others sites. I realize that paraphrasing is going to happen, just please cite where it came from. With regards to this post, I went and checked the timestamps from when it was posted to when the original information was posted...at least give people an hour or two before running here. It's only fair, as others are working to report what they know. I realize in this day and age, things are not going to be kept a secret for long. Just please have respect for the work of others. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much expected that would be happening this week. Hopefully by the end of the week or early next week we'll get some real news.

I'm going to totally go off of message board info... so two of these interviews (minimum) are in the Atlanta area. Today.

2 more tomorrow. In Iowa? Or was the earlier post wrong? Are they all in Iowa? Are they all in Atlanta? Personally, I'd do interviews on the Moon. At least then you don't have to worry about stuff getting leaked (that's what she said). But if it does, it'll take a while for the info to get back to Hawkeye message boards.

Why would you run to another site and post something from a premium board immediately? It will get out eventually but it seems kind of lame to take something from Rob or Tom's site and put it on a free board right away. I'm sure Jon didn't like that from his premium board either.

Thats a bold move...posting premium info from Hawkeyereport

Tom Kakert is nuts about that stuff.

Deservedly so. As is Rob Howe or anyone that runs a pay site. That is how they make their living and what was done here is pretty much stealing. I know a lot of this occurs and I think Jon said it was a big reason he moved to providing a free site, but that doesn't make it right. And I don't mean to imply that Jon condones taking info from pay sites, just that it had become much more difficult to run a profitable site for that reason.

Last edited:
Deservedly so. As is Rob Howe or anyone that runs a pay site. That is how they make their living and what was done hear is pretty much stealing. I know a lot of this occurs and I think Jon said it was a big reason he moved to providing a free site, but that doesn't make it right.

Yeah I'm on your side. I posted something similar about a month ago when someone posted something straight from the Hawkeye insider premium board. Which I pay a good amount of money for.

Its frustrating, but it happens.

Why would you run to another site and post something from a premium board immediately? It will get out eventually but it seems kind of lame to take something from Rob or Tom's site and put it on a free board right away. I'm sure Jon didn't like that from his premium board either.

That's probably why he started a free site...what seems kind of lame is someone getting their panties in a wad when it really does get out eventually (in 1-7 minutes)...

Nice first post though, web gestapo...

I dealt with this between 2001 and October of 2009. One of the reasons I left Scout.com was because I believe the premium model is not stable and has hit its peak, because of things like this. In today's world of twitter, facebook, message boards, email, etc, i found that's pretty much impossible to stop it, as stuff we had written and posted for members would basically get out within minutes of our posting it.

That being said, one thing we will not allow is outright copying and pasting. Another thing if people are going to paraphrase, they need to cite the source. 'The Other Site' stuff won't cut it. We don't do subscriptions here, and I don't see any of the sites as competition. So please properly credit. In this instance, saying Hawkeyereport.com is only fair. Just don't rip people off

Again, no outright copying and pasting the work of others, and please always credit where you read something.

If a regular poster is posting something elsewhere and you want to strike up a conversation here, citing an anonymous message board guy is not required but still, I don't care if people post the names of others sites. Most everyone that visits here is familiar with Rivals and Scout.

That's probably why he started a free site...what seems kind of lame is someone getting their panties in a wad when it really does get out eventually (in 1-7 minutes)...

Nice first post though, web gestapo...

Just because it's possible doesn't make it right. Get off your horse, Shane. haha... Shane...

Deservedly so. As is Rob Howe or anyone that runs a pay site. That is how they make their living and what was done here is pretty much stealing. I know a lot of this occurs and I think Jon said it was a big reason he moved to providing a free site, but that doesn't make it right. And I don't mean to imply that Jon condones taking info from pay sites, just that it had become much more difficult to run a profitable site for that reason.

No, I do not condone it. I fought it for a long, long time. I saw it as a losing battle and changed the paradigm of my business because of it. I don't ever want to see people copying and pasting. But you are never going to stop people from paraphrasing and doing what they want with what they pay for. Again, I watched it happen to us for eight years. at times I felt like Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts