OT: Tubby Smith fired form MN

For a woman that has had 3 kids, she is still attractive.

635x500.jpg

Andy-Enfield-Wife-Amanda-Marcum.jpg

Women that do not have to wear a lot of makeup and still look good are alright in my book.

she actually looks better in this picture than the Maxim one.

Is this guy really a hot coaching prospect? Yeah they won two NCAA tourney games, but they also lost to Maine, Mercer, and Stetson.

is she ugly in these pictures? no. but none of the pictures that have been posted since my comment remind of 'supermodel'. not taking anything away, but that is what she was called earlier in thread. and, she has makeup on in the above photos. none in the one i posted. big difference.

is she ugly in these pictures? no. but none of the pictures that have been posted since my comment remind of 'supermodel'. not taking anything away, but that is what she was called earlier in thread. and, she has makeup on in the above photos. none in the one i posted. big difference.

NCAA tournament coach's wife is a supermodel, and he is not

Marcum, 34, had been on the cover of Vogue, Maxim and Elle. She's walked the runways wearing Chanel and Jean Paul Gaultier and appeared in ads for Armani, Victoria's Secret and L'Oreal, among others.

I don't think you are in the core demographic of the places where some supermodels are seen. :)

So Minnesota extends Tubby Smith for 3 years, and then fires him less than year later. Sounds logical. :confused:

Only an idiot AD would let a coach stay on with less than 4 years on his current deal. Opposing coaches will use that all day to recruit against you.

The dude from FGCU is a mega millionaire from his entrepreneurial days. The last thing he is going to do is go from Ft Meyers to Minneapolis. He may just choose to stay there and try to build something because he doesn't need the huge payday

Well that makes sense. I was wondering how the HC from FGCU pulls a piece of trim like that. Now I know. Something didnt add up, now it does. I mean, really??

andy-enfield-281x400.jpg
Andy-Enfield-wife-e1363827943623.jpg

with that kind of airbrushing and makeup, we are all 'super models'. and, back in the day, if you were a super model, we knew your name......

check out the first picture of her in this thread.
D..b dude! Looks pretty good to me. Def. wouldn't kick her out of bed for crackers and cheese.

they can have howland or any other coach that wants to play dinosaur basketball of slow pace. I applaud Minnesota for understanding that this as far as Tubby is ever taking them and they want more.

The dude from FGCU is a mega millionaire from his entrepreneurial days. The last thing he is going to do is go from Ft Meyers to Minneapolis. He may just choose to stay there and try to build something because he doesn't need the huge payday

Is this even accurate? Reports are out now that he is not a mega millionaire. If that is the case then money is important.

First Glenn Mason, then Tubby.

Gooopher-land really thinks they're going to get NCs in FB and BB?

No wonder that Ox was blue....there's obviously a lack of O2 in Minnesota for proper brain function.

First Glenn Mason, then Tubby.

Gooopher-land really thinks they're going to get NCs in FB and BB?

No wonder that Ox was blue....there's obviously a lack of O2 in Minnesota for proper brain function.

Pretty different situations between Mason and Smith in my mind. Prior to Tubby, Minnesota had a pretty decent basketball tradition and good to great fan support. The state also produces some high quality division I basketball talent.

Yet over six seasons, Tubby won 42% of conference games and finished 6th-9th every year. The team often looked poorly coached and typically regressed during each season. The fact is, Tubby had a lot of issues in his later years at Kentucky, but Minnesota had an incompetent athletic director who needed a head coach and was approached by Tubby's representatives.

Minnesota no longer has incompetent leadership in the athletic department (and in fact are very well connected when it comes to men's basketball), and will likely hire a high-quality coach who will immediately improve the situation. If he lands a couple of the absolute studs in the state right now, the Gophers will be fighting with the Hawks to join the other programs currently at the big boy's table.

In my opinion, the best thing for the Hawks with this situation would have been to keep Tubby in Minneapolis a few more years.

Tubby had a better five year run than any coach at Minny who didn't cheat (Musselman and Haskins).

The fire was stupid. Minny has a minnymal in-state talent base and its a hard as snot place to get quality out of state kids to come to

thow them in with nebby and penn state now

Tubby had a better five year run than any coach at Minny who didn't cheat (Musselman and Haskins).

The fire was stupid. Minny has a minnymal in-state talent base and its a hard as snot place to get quality out of state kids to come to

Agree. And disagree with the post above yours.

Minnesota has had history. So has Iowa.

Both programs have shown they want the "next level" when in fact, we've probably hit our ceiling with 3-5th place finishes and sweet-16 showings.

Good luck. I hope they get an Alford clone.

Agree. And disagree with the post above yours.

Minnesota has had history. So has Iowa.

Both programs have shown they want the "next level" when in fact, we've probably hit our ceiling with 3-5th place finishes and sweet-16 showings.

Good luck. I hope they get an Alford clone.

the best clean history was dutcher, but he couldn't sustain it. feast or famine with in-state talent up there.

iowa has a better (clean) history

Huh? Check out 2014. They have two top 10 kids, and another in the top 50. If you landed Jones, Vaughn and Travis you would be at the top of the Big 10 in short order.

Latest posts