OT: Tubby Smith fired form MN

TritonHawkeye

This should be interesting. Tubby by most accounts under performed with the talent he had but he did bring in talent.

I am guess Shaka Smart's phone is going to be ring off the hook with some offers.

Also the coach from FGCU is going to get some calls too.. That team is really fun to watch.

Maybe some A-10 coaches would want to move to the Big 10 as well..

Yeah...get the guy from Florida Gulf Coast...we will enjoy looking at his wife. At least there will be at least one attractive woman from Minnesota at their home games.

enfield-and-marcum-jpg_050310.jpg
Yeah...get the guy from Florida Gulf Coast...we will enjoy looking at his wife. At least there will be at least one attractive woman from Minnesota at their home games.

The dude from FGCU is a mega millionaire from his entrepreneurial days. The last thing he is going to do is go from Ft Meyers to Minneapolis. He may just choose to stay there and try to build something because he doesn't need the huge payday

The dude from FGCU is a mega millionaire from his entrepreneurial days. The last thing he is going to do is go from Ft Meyers to Minneapolis. He may just choose to stay there and try to build something because he doesn't need the huge payday

This is the exact same reason that I wouldn't take the Minnesota job.

This says it all:

Smith, 61, won his first NCAA tournament game at the school this past week against UCLA, but new athletic director Norwood Teague -- who along with associate AD Mike Ellis was responsible for hiring Shaka Smart at his last stop -- decided to go in a different direction and buy out the remaining years of his contract.

Listened to KFAN in Minnesota a week or so ago. Many fans were hoping for Flip Saunders. Who knows.
Tough way to make a living, that's for sure.

Listened to KFAN in Minnesota a week or so ago. Many fans were hoping for Flip Saunders. Who knows.
Tough way to make a living, that's for sure.

Tough?
Making a couple million a year to coach Basketball is not tough. Tubby is set for life and then some. No need to shed tears for coaches at his level.

This says it all:

Smith, 61, won his first NCAA tournament game at the school this past week against UCLA, but new athletic director Norwood Teague -- who along with associate AD Mike Ellis was responsible for hiring Shaka Smart at his last stop -- decided to go in a different direction and buy out the remaining years of his contract.

If they got Shaka Smart, I think they could significantly improve their average annual performance in the B10.

After watching VCU play Michigan I'm not sure Shaka Smart is the guy for Minnesota. Looking at the Minnesota roster it was mostly void of Minnesota talent. Many of Minnesota's best players are doing well at other colleges, but they are not not the type of players that fit into Smart's style. I don't think Smart would be the guy. Howland would be a better choice.

Yep and hard to believe his trophy wife would approve moving to Minnesota.

Yep and hard to believe his trophy wife would approve moving to Minnesota.

Meh. Not much of a trophy. But I agree, why would he or his wife want to move to Minnesota, if he does then it's a stepping stone situation. However, I don't think Minny would go after him, not enough info on him yet.