Omicron Covid

Some people have forgotten how to live their life. They're full of confusion and fear. I still see it when I deliver FedEx to remote areas. They may no longer know how to leave the house but they know how to hit a few strokes on a computer keyboard and order copious amounts of junk. Some of them are in such a fog they don't even remember what they ordered.

This is exactly when the government wants, needs, demands,, craves. If there are people so full of fear that they can't shit without the government telling them how or what color the it is perfect dry tinder for the government to burn through.
This a flat out stupid post. So full of bull shit a response would be wasted on you.

I am getting tired of the implications that seniors are unimportant. I have 3 kids, their spouses, 7/grandkids who want me around as long as possible.
Then stay home and isolate yourself, and you’ll be around a good long time.

Everyone who lives long enough to be elderly lived a long life and a full youth. Future youth should be entitled to that as well. You didn’t have to stay home from school for a year and lose a year of sports, and walk around with a piece of cloth on your face…why should our young kids?

So yes, when one becomes a certain age and has had the opportunity to lead a full life, younger lives are in fact more important. It’s the way it is and like every species it comes for all of us eventually.

Everyone who lives long enough to be elderly lived a long life and a full youth. Future youth should be entitled to that as well. You didn’t have to stay home from school for a year and kiss a year of sports, and walk aroun with a piece of cloth on your face…why should our young kids?

So yes, when one becomes a certain age and has had the opportunity to lead a full life, younger lives are in fact more important. It’s the way it is and like every species it comes for all of us eventually.
You are dead wrong. Younger lives more important? If you mean this you would be better off in a country that does not really value human life. I would happily buy you a plane ticket. That was a sick, inhumane, ignorant statement. You should be ashamed. I don’t even want to hear your excuse for this statement. In fact, given other posts of yours, you will likely double down. Jesus, Fry. Who the F are you?
Now go back and read my post on how I have lived my life in the face of Covid.

You are dead wrong. Younger lives more important? If you mean this you would be better off in a country that does not really value human life. I would happily buy you a plane ticket. That was a sick, inhumane, ignorant statement. You should be ashamed. I don’t even want to hear your excuse for this statement. In fact, given other posts of yours, you will likely double down. Jesus, Fry. Who the F are you?
Now go back and read my post on how I have lived my life in the face of Covid.
Someone go ahead and quote this so CuckFinn can see it.

CuckFinn, you are super duper important. The Baby Boomers are literally the most important generation that has ever lived in any country. Our society would be so much better off if we allocated all resources strictly toward super important boomer retirees who spent 40 years working for the government, but the asswipe GOP won't do the right thing.

The bravery you have shown in the face of COVID, which is the deadliest disease that has ever been found on Earth, is truly inspirational. The courage that you demonstrated makes the men who battled for Iwo Jima or Omaha Beach seem completely inconsequential.

And your point about wanting to send Fry to a foreign country is well taken. I am hard pressed to think of a single country that doesn't place older men at the top of the pedestal in times of crisis. When ships sink, they always say "old men evacuate first" and leave women and children last, likely to perish with the ship.

And OK4P, you know how easy it is to raise more money for SSec. Raise the ceiling at which income earners need to pay taxes into SSec and Medicare. Raise it a lot. Give now and get it later. That way the old parents dont have to move in with you,

There is no income ceiling on Medicare taxes.

Someone go ahead and quote this so CuckFinn can see it.

CuckFinn, you are super duper important. The Baby Boomers are literally the most important generation that has ever lived in any country. Our society would be so much better off if we allocated all resources strictly toward super important boomer retirees who spent 40 years working for the government, but the asswipe GOP won't do the right thing.

The bravery you have shown in the face of COVID, which is the deadliest disease that has ever been found on Earth, is truly inspirational. The courage that you demonstrated makes the men who battled for Iwo Jima or Omaha Beach seem completely inconsequential.

And your point about wanting to send Fry to a foreign country is well taken. I am hard pressed to think of a single country that doesn't place older men at the top of the pedestal in times of crisis. When ships sink, they always say "old men evacuate first" and leave women and children last, likely to perish with the ship.
Your nonsensical response, which obviously I accessed, simply proves my point. Your view about the reduced value of human life based on age is well in line with Nazi Germany, China in general, dictatorships in total, and ignores the age old realization that historically, the consideration of the wisdom of elders is crucial to the future. My generation is responsible for movement toward equality of minorities, women, the poor, the elderly, the gender persecutions, and progressive as opposed to regressive taxation. i.e., “trickle down” lies to handcuff the middle class into increased insignificance. What have you done, hypocrite? You will be judged by history and won’t begin to measure up to the boomers, who essentially cost you nothing. Wait until you retire, mr. Know it all. You will be grateful.
BTW. Since you like “Cuckfinn” so well, my name for you is
“Waste of food.”

Your nonsensical response, which obviously I accessed, simply proves my point. Your view about the reduced value of human life based on age is well in line with Nazi Germany, China in general, dictatorships in total, and ignores the age old realization that historically, the consideration of the wisdom of elders is crucial to the future. My generation is responsible for movement toward equality of minorities, women, the poor, the elderly, the gender persecutions, and progressive as opposed to regressive taxation. i.e., “trickle down” lies to handcuff the middle class into increased insignificance. What have you done, hypocrite? You will be judged by history and won’t begin to measure up to the boomers, who essentially cost you nothing. Wait until you retire, mr. Know it all. You will be grateful.
BTW. Since you like “Cuckfinn” so well, my name for you is
“Waste of food.”

Oh, so I'm not on block anymore? Good to know. I'm not sure where you gleaned my view of old people.

You ask, "what have you done?" A lot. Just tonight I tried to affirm the narcissistic views of an aging man who is starting to show signs of early onset dementia and in return I got called a derivative of the Nazi term "useless eater."

On a side note, anyone hear that awful story of the tornado in Winterset that killed 7 people? Just when I thought the story couldn't get any worse I find out one of them was elderly.

NO ONE IN THE WORLD HAS EVER SAID THAT.

1) If you don’t like it, see ya later. No one’s making you come here.

2) 2,000 deaths per day from rona is bullshit. Cheeseburgers and smoking cigarettes is what’s killing the vast majority of people

3) If you accuse me again of being influenced by trump (orange head) I will ban your ass. I hate every politician equally regardless of who they take their blackmail payments from.

Seen hundreds of guys just like you come and go here, and I can see your inevitable meltdown coming. Best if you just show yourself the door and head over to Hawkeye Report.
I think i just saw the meltdown.

Well the midterm elections are coming. It was predicted a couple months ago.
Nope wrong again all you people predicted it after the election so since you were wrong there your trying really hard to dream up another scenario were you can be right. You will just keep saying it until you can say see i told ya so.

No, I never said that but the financial-type experts say about 50% of adults do not have even $6-700 in savings to replace an average main appliance in a house or a transmission, etc.. They live on credit and paycheck to paycheck. I didnt make this up

I would say the lower 50% of wage earning households, which are those making less than about $55K per household in Iowa, are not well off. By the time you take out the house and two car payments, all the utilities, food, insurance, clothes and stuff for the 2-3 kids and a vacation and some entertainment, let alone the $200 a month cell phone bill and the $120 a month internet service bill then they do not have much left. Oh yes and taxes

Much of what you point out above is a behavior issue. People living above their means. It is just how we have evolved over the years. Two car payments, lofty cell phone bills, Netflix, mult other streaming charges, etc. etc.. People can really find savings if they have to out of NEED. We put too much emphasis on luxury items and use too much credit.

People buy too much house or have not had the stability financially to purchase an expensive house. Obviously, this does not apply to everyone but does to many. So, when said couple buys a modest $300,000 home on their $90,000 household yearly income, am I supposed to feel bad for them because they are living paycheck to paycheck or can't afford that new water heater? They didn't plan accordingly for their situation. They weren't proactive for potential issues. But, DAMN, they stayed on pace with the Johnson's or their friends.

Let's examine where the majority of those you describe above live. LA, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Urban areas in Michigan, pretty much the blue state areas. Now look at where people tend not so be that bad off financially, midwest and western states, Texas, Florida. That's a trend, my man.

Again, much of this is a behavior issue. Not all, but much of it. Again, there is a reason people flock to get over our borders, it's not because they expect to suffer when here.

I don't think you and I are ever going to crunch that gap between us on subjects like this, but I respect your view/opinion and compassion. I enjoy debating you on these kinds of topics.

Last edited:
This a flat out stupid post. So full of bull shit a response would be wasted on you.

I like looking at how the right vs the L debate. People on the right point out points or facts to support their argument while those on the left call people idiots, stupid or just want to mute when they don't like what they hear, or "you just aren't worthy of a response".

That, my friend, is what is comical.

Everyone who lives long enough to be elderly lived a long life and a full youth. Future youth should be entitled to that as well. You didn’t have to stay home from school for a year and lose a year of sports, and walk around with a piece of cloth on your face…why should our young kids?

Over the years, the average life span has increased. People are fine with that but don't want to acknowledge the collateral damage/health conditions that come with that.

I'm all for people living longer, but one has to expect that it's not always going to be easy and one is going to be at risk for illness. Just the way it is. On average, an individual's immune system is less effective with age and vulnerable. So yes, there is a risk associated with living a long life.

I like looking at how the right vs the L debate. People on the right point out points or facts to support their argument while those on the left call people idiots, stupid or just want to mute when they don't like what they hear, or "you just aren't worthy of a response".

That, my friend, is what is comical.
This is what is sad about the right is there projection toward everything. This is exactly the opposite of what the right does. They just spew words is there ever any facts to go along with it never. I can ask you give me any statistical fact that says mask or vaccine have not worked and you cant do it because you know you are wrong you are just scared to admit that you are.

This is what is sad about the right is there projection toward everything. This is exactly the opposite of what the right does. They just spew words is there ever any facts to go along with it never. I can ask you give me any statistical fact that says mask or vaccine have not worked and you cant do it because you know you are wrong you are just scared to admit that you are.

Read my posts above. I've acknowledged that vaccines may lessen the severity of COVID illness. I'm not numb to it. I'm not going to spend my time searching for arbitrary stats or numbers on the internet because studies and numbers can be skewed by those who write or post the stats. It is a political topic, so one can find multiple studies or statements showing numbers to support one's arguments. So, it's really difficult to believe anything and an utter waste of time, much like posting on HawkeyeNation!!

So, I will go by what I evaluate and observe from people I know. I know many people who have had COVID, one person who unfortunately succumbed with it. I know many who were diligent about wearing masks and still got it. The majority of the people I know, including myself, took at least two vaccinations. Some who took boosters. I had a co-worker I talked with last week who was vaccinated with boosters, who just got home from a vacation like 3 weeks ago who ended up having COVID when got home. This person is diligent with masks, got vaccinated including all the boosters. This is all I can go on.

In addition, I know many people who never masked or masked very little who are fine. When I think of those individuals, I can't think of one that has perished.

Now I also acknowledge that the reason to mask isn't so much for personal protection, it was initially to protect others by not being a super spreader of the virus. If it was just for my own protection I would choose not to mask, I would rely on my own immune system and the herd immunity philosophy. But, especially early on in the pandemic, masks were recommended to help control the spread to protect those who were at risk. I get that. I think it was a pipe dream and they really aren't that effective.

Do you really think masks have worked? Really?

Last edited:
Nope wrong again all you people predicted it after the election so since you were wrong there your trying really hard to dream up another scenario were you can be right. You will just keep saying it until you can say see i told ya so.

I'll admit I was completely wrong on my predictions. I thought Quid Pro Joe and the "TRUST THE SCIENCE" posse was gonna back off on The Germ by April of 2021 and that oil was gonna hit $100/bbl by May or June 2021. I bought a recklessly large amount of oil stonks back in November 2020 when the dinguses on the idiot box proclaimed that oil was dead and even though I was a year early on my guesses, I held and endured a meager 10% dividend yield and am now up well over 100%. We just broke $4 on gas nationally and I couldn't be happier.

Well. You sure have kicked some ass.

Read my posts above. I've acknowledged that vaccines may lessen the severity of COVID illness. I'm not numb to it. I'm not going to spend my time searching for arbitrary stats or numbers on the internet because studies and numbers can be skewed by those who write or post the stats. It is a political topic, so one can find multiple studies or statements showing numbers to support one's arguments. So, it's really difficult to believe anything and an utter waste of time, much like posting on HawkeyeNation!!

So, I will go by what I evaluate and observe from people I know. I know many people who have had COVID, one person who unfortunately succumbed with it. I know many who were diligent about wearing masks and still got it. The majority of the people I know, including myself, took at least two vaccinations. Some who took boosters. I had a co-worker I talked with last week who was vaccinated with boosters, who just got home from a vacation like 3 weeks ago who ended up having COVID when got home. This person is diligent with masks, got vaccinated including all the boosters. This is all I can go on.

In addition, I know many people who never masked or masked very little who are fine. When I think of those individuals, I can't think of one that has perished.

Now I also acknowledge that the reason to mask isn't so much for personal protection, it was initially to protect others by not being a super spreader of the virus. If it was just for my own protection I would choose not to mask, I would rely on my own immune system and the herd immunity philosophy. But, especially early on in the pandemic, masks were recommended to help control the spread to protect those who were at risk. I get that. I think it was a pipe dream and they really aren't that effective.

Do you really think masks have worked? Really?
You literally cannot find numbers to support ones argument. Random people arent posting numbers and putting them on the internet. Any numbers you find are going to be by sites that post that kind of stuff reguarly and they have to post accurate info or they wouldnt have a job or there site would get banned. Like i said you cant post any numbers that say mask or the vaccine do not work. Got a question if mask dont work then why do all doctors and nurses wear mask while performing surgery.

I'll admit I was completely wrong on my predictions. I thought Quid Pro Joe and the "TRUST THE SCIENCE" posse was gonna back off on The Germ by April of 2021 and that oil was gonna hit $100/bbl by May or June 2021. I bought a recklessly large amount of oil stonks back in November 2020 when the dinguses on the idiot box proclaimed that oil was dead and even though I was a year early on my guesses, I held and endured a meager 10% dividend yield and am now up well over 100%. We just broke $4 on gas nationally and I couldn't be happier.
Glad your happy. Keep living the good life. Life is good.

Latest posts