Omicron Covid

It's hilarious that you think market performance is determined by whether the white house is red or blue.

No, none of the decisions ever have an effect on the market. o_O

Go back 12-15 years and look at a graph thru Obama, Trump and now Biden's first year. Yea, when a president takes severe actions like cutting coal plants or shutting down a pipeline, it's going to reflect. You are the same crowd that tells me that inflation only started since Putin invaded Ukraine. Uh.....................no it didn't. Gas prices already inched up throughout the year, including winter months when it is usually the lowest of the year. You don't think the decisions they make shatters spending confidence, especially after getting taxed more?

I like how when it's going bad for the left, it's "They aren't having an effect on anything." Is all good. When it is going relatively well for the left (not recently I may add) it's "You see, what they are doing is working, told you so." "We are causing everything that is positive.

Last edited:
The news has always been pretty iffy, but in the past two decades the traditional sources of news have gotten absolutely crushed by technology changing the market landscape. The people in much of what would be considered "journalism" are making jack shit for pay and are in many cases bordering on mentally retarded. I mean, am I really supposed to trust the judgment of some 26 year old who majored in journalism, has six figures of student debt and earns a cool 32 grand a year? It's like teachers, it ain't exactly the cream of the crop.

Yes, objective journalism has shifted to subjective coverage and pushing one's narrative, whether corporate narrative or their own personal narrative. It's utter crap, to be honest.

Can someone, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, answer me one question? PLEASE!

Why are states like California, Illinois, pretty much all East coast states and cities like San Francisco, Los Angelos, New York, Detroit is such a fucking financial mess, but states like Texas, Florida, Montana, Idaho, the Dakota's, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, etc.. all seem to be relatively fine?

And let me add, these are pretty typical blue and red voting states, not keying in on the last election.

1646858036996.png

This is the debt by each state. Map is too large to upload. Overlay the two maps.

Last edited:
No, none of the decisions ever have an effect on the market. o_O

Go back 12-15 years and look at a graph thru Obama, Trump and now Biden's first year. Yea, when a president takes severe actions like cutting coal plants or shutting down a pipeline, it's going to reflect. You are the same crowd that tells me that inflation only started since Putin invaded Ukraine. Uh.....................no it didn't. Gas prices already inched up throughout the year, including winter months when it is usually the lowest of the year. You don't think the decisions they make shatters spending confidence, especially after getting taxed more?

I like how when it's going bad for the left, it's "They aren't having an effect on anything." Is all good. When it is going relatively well for the left (not recently I may add) it's "You see, what they are doing is working, told you so." "We are causing everything that is positive.
Hahah wtf are you talking about. You genuinely think that we need to increase our coal burning in this country? Gas prices are up because supply WILL decrease and gas companies are engaging in short term speculative price gouging. The gas you are buying today at higher prices was produced before Russia invaded.

Why would I say that inflation started only after Putin invaded Ukraine - I've never seen anyone say that. Sounds like another one of your straw man arguments. There are tons of factors that contribute to inflation, especially this recent one. I don't think enough time has passed yet to ascertain exactly what impact to us the sanctions on Russia will have, other than goods we get directly from them.

Other than unnecessary tax cuts for corporations (which most of them used to buy back their own stocks) and the wealthy, specifically what Trump policies contributed to a good stock market? His import tariffs? LOL.

Contrary to what you might actually believe, a blossoming stock market is not the same as a healthy economy.

Your last paragraph is such inane babble I have no idea what you're actually referring to. I'm legitimately curious what you think "going bad" or "going well" for the left actually means.

Hahah wtf are you talking about. You genuinely think that we need to increase our coal burning in this country? Gas prices are up because supply WILL decrease and gas companies are engaging in short term speculative price gouging. The gas you are buying today at higher prices was produced before Russia invaded.

Why would I say that inflation started only after Putin invaded Ukraine - I've never seen anyone say that. Sounds like another one of your straw man arguments. There are tons of factors that contribute to inflation, especially this recent one. I don't think enough time has passed yet to ascertain exactly what impact to us the sanctions on Russia will have, other than goods we get directly from them.

Other than unnecessary tax cuts for corporations (which most of them used to buy back their own stocks) and the wealthy, specifically what Trump policies contributed to a good stock market? His import tariffs? LOL.

Contrary to what you might actually believe, a blossoming stock market is not the same as a healthy economy.

Your last paragraph is such inane babble I have no idea what you're actually referring to. I'm legitimately curious what you think "going bad" or "going well" for the left actually means.

I do agree with this. I understand there is a difference and we can have a bull market at times.

Come on though dude, pretty much every important decision that Biden has had to make (or what Harris, Pelosi and company wanted to make), he's shit the bed man. Every one.

Can someone, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, answer me one question? PLEASE!

Why are states like California, Illinois, pretty much all East coast states and cities like San Francisco, Los Angelos, New York, Detroit is such a fucking financial mess, but states like Texas, Florida, Montana, Idaho, the Dakota's, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, etc.. all seem to be relatively fine?

View attachment 8783

This is the debt by each state. Map is too large to upload. Overlay the two maps.

Umm probably because of this? You might want to take a look on which states depend the most on federal funding. 8 of the top 10 are red.

KEY FINDINGS:​

• Eight of the 10 states most dependent on the federal government were Republican-voting, with the average red state receiving $1.35 per dollar spent.
  • Nine states sent more to the federal government than they received — seven of these were Democrat-voting and had higher per capita GDPs than many of the red states that received the most.
  • New Mexico had the highest return on federal spending of any state ($4.33), and Delaware had the lowest ($0.63).
  • The eight states receiving the highest child tax credit per capita were all Republican-voting.

1646859213491.png

I do agree with this. I understand there is a difference and we can have a bull market at times.

Come on though dude, pretty much every important decision that Biden has had to make (or what Harris, Pelosi and company wanted to make), he's shit the bed man. Every one.
What decisions specifically are you referring to?

You know Ree4. We don't agree so much politically, but I enjoy the bantering. I have no ill feelings, respect your views, and wish you and your family well. I sincerely mean that.

Umm probably because of this? You might want to take a look on which states depend the most on federal funding. 8 of the top 10 are red.

KEY FINDINGS:​

• Eight of the 10 states most dependent on the federal government were Republican-voting, with the average red state receiving $1.35 per dollar spent.
  • Nine states sent more to the federal government than they received — seven of these were Democrat-voting and had higher per capita GDPs than many of the red states that received the most.
  • New Mexico had the highest return on federal spending of any state ($4.33), and Delaware had the lowest ($0.63).
  • The eight states receiving the highest child tax credit per capita were all Republican-voting.

View attachment 8785
Farm subsidizes make sense for states like Iowa. I'm also sure tourism plays into many states as well. Iowa doesn't get much tourism $$.

You know Ree4. We don't agree so much politically, but I enjoy the bantering. I have no ill feelings, respect your views, and wish you and your family well. I sincerely mean that.
I will apologize as I come off as incredibly abrasive. I'm actually pretty down to earth and really do enjoy some friendly political debate. The internet brings out the worst in people of course, myself included. I just feel that most people have been so misled and misinformed about what problems this country and this world face and what sensible solutions we have. People are focusing on the wrong things IMO.

We could do so much better for ourselves and each other but the powers that be would prefer to distract us and have us fight each other than them.

I do believe that we probably agree on more than you think.

There is no reason to get info from news sources when all you had to do was look around you for the last 2 years. When I do see covid related stuff I do tend to believe the info that matches what I've lived.
I find it so interesting that some people base all of their information simply on what's happening around them - almost like if it doesn't affect them, it doesn't exist. While many news sources on their own are unreliable, aggregating several across the spectrum can give you a pretty good idea of what's true. Sifting through all the shit can get pretty nauseating though.

I will apologize as I come off as incredibly abrasive. I'm actually pretty down to earth and really do enjoy some friendly political debate. The internet brings out the worst in people of course, myself included. I just feel that most people have been so misled and misinformed about what problems this country and this world face and what sensible solutions we have. People are focusing on the wrong things IMO.

We could do so much better for ourselves and each other but the powers that be would prefer to distract us and have us fight each other than them.

I don't think most people are misled or misinformed. I think most people are just focusing on the "wrong things". Wrong of course means the things that we ourselves aren't focusing on. I couldn't agree more with your last sentence tho. I think most people agree on most things. What they disagree on is how to get those things and how important they are.

I find it so interesting that some people base all of their information simply on what's happening around them - almost like if it doesn't affect them, it doesn't exist. While many news sources on their own are unreliable, aggregating several across the spectrum can give you a pretty good idea of what's true. Sifting through all the shit can get pretty nauseating though.
"Around me" doesn't mean my inner circle of close family and friends. "Around me" means everyone I talk to and everyone who I talk to talks to. It ends up being a pretty damn big portion of people. All more trustworthy than the people talking on TV who are making billions of the pandemic.

Record highs?? Lol. I'm pretty sure they have pretty much flatlined over the past 12 months. They were on a arc up when Trump was in office. Look at a graph. After Biden worked his magic over the year, it has completely flatlined and yo yo'd over the market high you speak of. It hasn't gained over that market high at all. What are you talking about?

When COVID started the market dropped a ton but gained all back prior to Trump leaving. I make up about $150,000 to get back to where it was and gained after that. Biden took office and you can see on a graph that is just flatlined.
Holy Shit your to far gone to try and even explain things to you anymore. Im looking at a graph right now on macrotrends.net and yup it hit records levels under Biden. Not saying it hasnt leveled off some but fact is it still hit record highs under Biden. And why the hell are we arguing about this the president has very little control over the stock market just like the gas prices.

Nah, no need to apologize. I have no issues with anybody on here really. I appreciate uihawk82 and beaverdawg as well. Everybody has a right to an opinion or stance on subjects.

And why the hell are we arguing about this the president has very little control over the stock market just like the gas prices.

I'm old enough to remember when the Oil Man in the White House was squarely blamed for high gas prices. I also recall the Evil Orange Man being criticized when gas got a little pricey in 2018. The price of gas and natural gas is of huge importance to poor people, but this administration seems to be telling people "the high prices are good, they'll move people to electric faster" as if the "little guy" who the Dems purport to protect can stroke a check for $60k to buy an EV.

I don't think most people are misled or misinformed. I think most people are just focusing on the "wrong things". Wrong of course means the things that we ourselves aren't focusing on. I couldn't agree more with your last sentence tho. I think most people agree on most things. What they disagree on is how to get those things and how important they are.
I disagree with this completely.

I disagree with this completely.
When someone thinks so differently from you it's hard to not assume they've been brainwashed. When I see your posts I think "how can someone possibly believe that?" It would be easy to just assume something is wrong with you and you listen to too much CNN. But truth is, your brain is wired different than mine, just like half of the country. Clearly you're not all brain washed so it should be clear to you if you think about it that the other side also isn't brain washed.

Just got an email. The Marcus Center, Broadway Series, is no longer requiring proof of vaccination and masks have become optional. I am a season ticket holder with daughter and grand daughters.
Also, My church is easing up. Restaurants are nearly mask free, school is in session, haircuts no problem, Target et. al., Mask optional, pharmacy and clinic masks required. Just sayin’.