Omicron Covid

You should know better then to present the facts to these people that is the quickest way to end the conversation. I like trolling them for awhile just to see how dumb and brainwashed some people are then when my head hurts from there stupidity boom throw the facts at them and they go back to putting there head in the sand.
There are facts on both sides. The only difference is half the country chooses to prioritize one set of facts while the other half chooses to prioritize the other set of facts.

Speaking of opinions I will follow up on what you said about rich people 'paying their fair share of taxes'. You said we all use the roads, military, and other items that the govt pays for at the same level. Well that is totally not true.

Most all poorer US citizens, many we would call middle to lower middle class, do not make or have enough money to own financial instruments like CDs, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, etc. These people I am almost positive do not use airports as much as rich people and they do not go on cruises as much or use rail.

The military and Coast Guard protect our airspace, ocean lanes, ports, airports etc. The really rich people make money, capital gains, because they are "owners" of companies that ship, fly, truck goods from all over the world. The military protects these rich peoples goods way more than they protect stuff for poor people.

Many and most items like medicines, medical technologies, the internet are first studied using tax dollars yet it is mostly rich people who can use these items the most.

So poorer people shouldn't have to pay as much as rich people.

So if you are fine with 15-20% of kids being food insecure in this country on a daily basis while their are thousands or millions who have a net worth of over $5 million dollars then that is your business and morality.
Even if your examples actually have a point, which is debatable (rich people use more medicine) rich people do pay more in taxes. What's "fair" is that they pay more because they make more. "Fair" is still the same percentage tho. Not just "let's take more of their money because the can afford it". That might be the way it has to be done to pick up other people's slack, bit you can't say "fair share".

I wonder how many people fall for it watching the SOTU address seeing all those millionairs stand up and cheer when Biden says rich people need to pay their fair share. It's a talking point to win votes. Not a single one of those rich people want to pay more taxes.

You should know better then to present the facts to these people that is the quickest way to end the conversation. I like trolling them for awhile just to see how dumb and brainwashed some people are then when my head hurts from there stupidity boom throw the facts at them and they go back to putting there head in the sand.
If that’s your attempt at trolling it’s a pretty shitty one.

COVID numbers and deaths per infection are almost nonexistent now. That’s fact. They’ve fallen off a cliff. You guys who are in your 90s like yourself have something to be worried about because your immune systems suck like anyone of your age. But that’s not a good reason to keep shutting society down and make young healthy people wear masks and avoid other people.

I’m done wearing a mask and keeping a 6 foot bubble around myself and have been for a long time.

Even if your examples actually have a point, which is debatable (rich people use more medicine) rich people do pay more in taxes. What's "fair" is that they pay more because they make more. "Fair" is still the same percentage tho. Not just "let's take more of their money because the can afford it". That might be the way it has to be done to pick up other people's slack, bit you can't say "fair share".

Ok, we/I can drop the "fair share' aspect. Very rich people do pay more in total tax dollars but I totally dispute the fact the really rich people all pay a bigger percentage of their income in tax. The tax code is front loaded for rich people to have the loopholes to minimize their tax percentage owed.

Remember Warren Buffett saying his secretary/admin person paid a higher percentage in income tax to income than he did. And there are no doubt a ton of people like Buffett who pay a low percentage of tax to actual income. (see below)

And to say 'pick up the other peoples' slack' is just insulting to many people including myself. Some people have grown up and still have learning and knowledge difficulties in reading etc so they are not going to hold down really good paying jobs. Some people do not deal with higher logic like handling variables in reasoning or being able to manipulate concepts like ratios etc very well. So same thing, they are not going to be able to get or hold down well paying jobs. Some people do not want to work, sure, but others want to work but do not want higher paying jobs with more responsibility.

The below is just a first find on internet search for 'bezos annual salary' and I have seen these numbers before.
"From 1998 to 2021, Bezos earned a base salary of $88,840, with additional compensation bringing the total to more than $1.6 million each year. While a much higher salary than most people in the United States could dream of, it does not come close to totaling over $200 billion.

By keeping his income relatively low, Bezos has been able to evade paying taxes on his wealth, which in the United States is taxed differently than income. When he stepped down as CEO of Amazon, he owned 10.3 percent of the company's stock which is where the majority of his wealth is held.

Around the world, many governments remain unable or unwilling to tax wealth. ProPublica reported earlier this year that from 2008 to 2018, Bezos' wealth increased by more than $127 billion, yet he only "reported a total of $6.5 billion in income." Over that period, he paid $1.4 billion in federal taxes or around 1.1 percent of his total wealth. In 2011, Bezos actually reported a loss in income and was able to claim a tax credit which resulted in him being given an additional $4,000 on his tax refund."

Ok, we/I can drop the "fair share' aspect. Very rich people do pay more in total tax dollars but I totally dispute the fact the really rich people all pay a bigger percentage of their income in tax. The tax code is front loaded for rich people to have the loopholes to minimize their tax percentage owed.

Remember Warren Buffett saying his secretary/admin person paid a higher percentage in income tax to income than he did. And there are no doubt a ton of people like Buffett who pay a low percentage of tax to actual income. (see below)

And to say 'pick up the other peoples' slack' is just insulting to many people including myself. Some people have grown up and still have learning and knowledge difficulties in reading etc so they are not going to hold down really good paying jobs. Some people do not deal with higher logic like handling variables in reasoning or being able to manipulate concepts like ratios etc very well. So same thing, they are not going to be able to get or hold down well paying jobs. Some people do not want to work, sure, but others want to work but do not want higher paying jobs with more responsibility.

The below is just a first find on internet search for 'bezos annual salary' and I have seen these numbers before.
"From 1998 to 2021, Bezos earned a base salary of $88,840, with additional compensation bringing the total to more than $1.6 million each year. While a much higher salary than most people in the United States could dream of, it does not come close to totaling over $200 billion.

By keeping his income relatively low, Bezos has been able to evade paying taxes on his wealth, which in the United States is taxed differently than income. When he stepped down as CEO of Amazon, he owned 10.3 percent of the company's stock which is where the majority of his wealth is held.

Around the world, many governments remain unable or unwilling to tax wealth. ProPublica reported earlier this year that from 2008 to 2018, Bezos' wealth increased by more than $127 billion, yet he only "reported a total of $6.5 billion in income." Over that period, he paid $1.4 billion in federal taxes or around 1.1 percent of his total wealth. In 2011, Bezos actually reported a loss in income and was able to claim a tax credit which resulted in him being given an additional $4,000 on his tax refund."

There are 4 ways to tax. One is to make everyone pay the same exact amount of money. This is the most fair way to do it but it just isn't feasible because if rich people paid what poor people could afford, the government wouldn't get enough money.

The second way is to make everyone pay the exact same percentage. This way is still pretty fair and is probably the best way to do it, even tho it would rip off the rich because they would pay a shit ton.

The third way is to raise tax brackets as income goes up and people can afford it and then lower them after income goes way up because people shouldn't have to just give away that much money. This way is also pretty fair.

The fourth way is to continue to raise tax brackets regardless of how high income gets. This is by far the least fair way to do it but that is what a lot of people want. It bugs me a little bit that people can even want that (it's all about trying to get other people to pay so you don't have to) but it bothers me big time that people call it fair.

I get that it feels insulting to get called out, but it's true. People who can't afford to pay their fair share need to be picked up by everyone else. It's just the way it is.

I see nothing wrong with any of the stuff you copied about Bezos. Except the part where they compare how much he paid in taxes over a time frame compared to his net worth. What a stupid thing to say. Why do people do that with rich people? Imagine doing that with someone from middle class. Someone could work hard their whole life to earn a 2 million dollar net worth, just in time for retirement. Then they can get a part time job making minimum wage. How stupid would it be to say "he only paid 1000 bucks in taxes and his net worth is 2 million!"?

COVID numbers and deaths per infection are almost nonexistent now. That’s fact. They’ve fallen off a cliff. You guys who are in your 90s like yourself have something to be worried about because your immune systems suck like anyone of your age. But that’s not a good reason to keep shutting society down and make young healthy people wear masks and avoid other people.

I’m done wearing a mask and keeping a 6 foot bubble around myself and have been for a long time.
So, so, true. It's the ten year olds and under that are our future. Not 80 and 90 year olds.

We just spent the last two years impeding or flat out fucking up our kids basically to protect elderly. JB Pritzker, to name one example, pretty much said as such early on. He said every life had equal value, none more or less important than the other.

We will see how he feels in about ten years when teenage suicide rates and crime rates escalate through the roof because children were robbed of their childhood.

So, so, true. It's the ten year olds and under that are our future. Not 80 and 90 year olds.

We just spent the last two years impeding or flat out fucking up our kids basically to protect elderly. JB Pritzker, to name one example, pretty much said as such early on. He said every life had equal value, none more or less important than the other.

We will see how he feels in about ten years when teenage suicide rates and crime rates escalate through the roof because children were robbed of their childhood.
This thing is absolutely unstoppable. Completely unstoppable, masks or no masks, vaccines or no vaccines. It’s going to get you at some point.

Look at New Zealand. They spent the last two years locked in their basements under marshall law, destroying their citizenry’s mental health, masking and vaccinating at high rates, and now they’re getting absolutely pummeled and there’s nothing they can do about it. They had 36 total COVID deaths up until a few days ago, and now they’re in the midst of an uncontrollable freight train of a breakout. They shielded the populace (and collective immune system) for so long that now omicron is spreading at a rate higher than any that’s ever been seen. NZ is a perfect example of how you can try like hell to stop these things, but sooner or later you’re gonna pay the piper. And NZ is paying in spades.

And it’s also a perfect example of the fact that masking and lockdowns don’t do shit. You’re gonna get nailed at some point, so maybe learn to deal with it as a society and not destroy everyone’s mental health and the economy. Maybe don’t throw the baby out with the bath water because you’re going to get ravaged by it eventually. It’s inevitable.

This thing is absolutely unstoppable. Completely unstoppable, masks or no masks, vaccines or no vaccines. It’s going to get you at some point.

Look at New Zealand. They spent the last two years locked in their basements under marshall law, destroying their citizenry’s mental health, masking and vaccinating at high rates, and now they’re getting absolutely pummeled and there’s nothing they can do about it. They had 36 total COVID deaths up until a few days ago, and now they’re in the midst of an uncontrollable freight train of a breakout. They shielded the populace (and collective immune system) for so long that now omicron is spreading at a rate higher than any that’s ever been seen. NZ is a perfect e Allen of how you can try like hell to stop these things, but sooner or later you’re gonna pay the piper. And NZ is paying in spades.

And it’s also a perfect example of the fact that masking and lockdowns don’t do shit. You’re gonna get nailed at some point, so maybe learn to deal with it as a society and not destroy everyone’s mental health and the economy. Maybe don’t throw the baby out with the bath water because you’re going to get ravaged by it eventually. It’s inevitable.
Yep. You can make a legit argument that all of that was worth it if it prevents it from ever hitting you. But how can anyone say it was worth it just to delay the inevitable?

Look at New Zealand. They spent the last two years locked in their basements under marshall law, destroying their citizenry’s mental health, masking and vaccinating at high rates, and now they’re getting absolutely pummeled and there’s nothing they can do about it. They had 36 total COVID deaths up until a few days ago, and now they’re in the midst of an uncontrollable freight train of a breakout. They shielded the populace (and collective immune system) for so long that now omicron is spreading at a rate higher than any that’s ever been seen. NZ is a perfect e Allen of how you can try like hell to stop these things, but sooner or later you’re gonna pay the piper. And NZ is paying in spades.

We f'ed this up in Wuhan by trying to mess with mother nature. Again.

We will never learn. Nature has been making this planet go round and round for billions of years. Species come and go, including us.

This is just the latest of too many examples to list. If this virus can ravage the most isolated major country in the world it can ravage anywhere.

Don't hide from it. Learn from it, how to live with and deal with it. There are numerous things we can do to make ourselves less vulnerable to any illness.

This is a great example of bull shit based on speculation and bias. You are not worth arguing with.
As to the mystical conclusions that masks and vaccines are useless, at least it confirms my decisions to not get any medical advice on HN.

I hope you were trolling because if 2000 deaths a day from covid is nonexistent then so help me you are as brainwashed as there is. Wake up dude please.

My head hurts reading these post why do i bring myself here. I just cannot believe how uneducated people have become because of one orange head. I just cannot wrap my head around it. I hope for the best from people but by comments on here i can tell some people are so far gone there is no hope. Sad deal.

If you honestly thing these 10 year olds are going to comment suicide in 10 years due to the fact that they had to wear a mask to protect themselves and there families from a deadly virus you are to far gone to help.

Well, for one reason trump is a fraud and a con man. He is a serial bankruptcy artist who took money from people and wrecked businesses. He is a crook and no doubt a felon.

Trump cheated a whole bunch of Polish visa workers nearly 40 years ago. The workers were gutting the Trump Tower building when Trump first bought it. Trump tried to cheat them out of a whole lot of wages. It is public record and Trump lost to the feds or state officials and had to pay up. So he is slime. He also has fostered the insurrection on the capital with his lies when he knew they were lies. Let's see, Trump University was a bait and switch fraud and Trump had to pay $25 million in damages. Wow what a piece of shit which is why I call him the dumpster.

Those are the reasons the Dems think he should not be near the presidency again.

The dems and others I hope can pin a felony on him so he cant run for office.

Yea, but the obsession is just really weird, especially with CNN.

So, you don't think the Clintons have ghosts in their closets with their fake Clinton Foundation just to funnel $$ to them. You think that whole thing is legit? It is all over the place on both sides for the elite. The more $$ and power they have the more slimy they are.

The reason Trump is so criticized is that he didn't fit in with either party, they all hated him because he wasn't the run of the mill politician. Many republicans didn't even appreciate him. That is what I like about him. He doesn't care about the racket and completely interrupts the political landscape. That's what the American people gravitated to.

Speaking of opinions I will follow up on what you said about rich people 'paying their fair share of taxes'. You said we all use the roads, military, and other items that the govt pays for at the same level. Well that is totally not true.

Most all poorer US citizens, many we would call middle to lower middle class, do not make or have enough money to own financial instruments like CDs, bonds, mutual funds, stocks, etc. These people I am almost positive do not use airports as much as rich people and they do not go on cruises as much or use rail.

The military and Coast Guard protect our airspace, ocean lanes, ports, airports etc. The really rich people make money, capital gains, because they are "owners" of companies that ship, fly, truck goods from all over the world. The military protects these rich peoples goods way more than they protect stuff for poor people.

Many and most items like medicines, medical technologies, the internet are first studied using tax dollars yet it is mostly rich people who can use these items the most.

So poorer people shouldn't have to pay as much as rich people.

So if you are fine with 15-20% of kids being food insecure in this country on a daily basis while their are thousands or millions who have a net worth of over $5 million dollars then that is your business and morality.
YOu seriously cannot get that granular about taxes and how they are used, can you? You can't take that down to an individual basis. Much of the struggle of the people you quote above is a decision or behavior issue. EVERYBODY in America has an opportunity to create their own path and be successful or learn a trade and run their own business. Some people take the initiative, even thought some may come from a difficult situation, and some people don't. America is opportunity.

WTF is your ALL CAP rant. You just blew your own logic by showing a graph of a pandemic climbing to historic infections, hospitalizations, and deaths in Iowa. It was probably a damn good thing people put their masks back on or kept them on in late Nov. '21 thru mid-Feb or there would have been even way more illness. If you didnt see the lines of people during last Dec-Jan waiting to get tested then you mistake how worried most people were.

Haven't you figured out by now that masks have done jack shit. They haven't been effective, whether in California or Florida. Add into that the vaccines are short lived with only about one month of effectiveness, although, I think they may cut down on the seriousness of symptoms and disease which is good.

But as far as controlling the spread, it was a pipe dream.

My head hurts reading these post why do i bring myself here. I just cannot believe how uneducated people have become because of one orange head. I just cannot wrap my head around it. I hope for the best from people but by comments on here i can tell some people are so far gone there is no hope. Sad deal.
1) If you don’t like it, see ya later. No one’s making you come here.

2) 2,000 deaths per day from rona is bullshit. Cheeseburgers and smoking cigarettes is what’s killing the vast majority of people

3) If you accuse me again of being influenced by trump (orange head) I will ban your ass. I hate every politician equally regardless of who they take their blackmail payments from.

Seen hundreds of guys just like you come and go here, and I can see your inevitable meltdown coming. Best if you just show yourself the door and head over to Hawkeye Report.

This is a great example of bull shit based on speculation and bias. You are not worth arguing with.
As to the mystical conclusions that masks and vaccines are useless, at least it confirms my decisions to not get any medical advice on HN.
They’re useful to the geriatric crowd and the tiny, tiny population of folks who have compromised immune systems.

Those demographics are not worth destroying an economy and closing schools down. And I’d say that just the same if I was 75 years old.

You don’t wanna get COVID? Stay home. The rest of us have lives to live and kids to raise.

Latest posts