Oliver Martin to Michigan

Agree to disagree. We offered well before Michigan and kept recruiting Martin hard while Michigan backed off for a while. This wasn't a timing issue.

I agree. If you have the personality to take it personal that a school offered late, you would also take it personal that a school backed off. He obviously didn't care about that so it's pretty clear he didn't care about Iowa offering late.

Agree to disagree. We offered well before Michigan and kept recruiting Martin hard while Michigan backed off for a while. This wasn't a timing issue.

He was obviously just biding his time until Mich offered. He wasn't a priority until it looked like one of their other top targets might flip. Once he got the offer he wanted it was all over. Nothing we could have done...

I honestly don't care. Not being negative, but we wouldn't have used him much. At Iowa, I get more excited about a four star RB or OL than a receiver that would only touch the ball 5 times a game. Sorry.

Christian French
Amara Darboh
Ross Piersbacher
Oliver Martin

Any time that a coach comes on to our own turf not driving a beige Ford Taurus, the kids leave for the guy who doesn't have the personality of Stuart Smalley.

Good God that is dumb. Lots and lots of kids decide to leave their home state to go to Michigan and Bama.

Just this year Michigan pulled Jeter out of PSU backyard, Ruiz out of Florida, FSU and Miami's backyard, Filiaga out of Texas backyard. That is just to name a couple, Michigan recruits nationally and beats all sorts of kids over their home state schools......they do this to blue bloods.

Christian French
Amara Darboh
Ross Piersbacher
Oliver Martin

Any time that a coach comes on to our own turf not driving a beige Ford Taurus, the kids leave for the guy who doesn't have the personality of Stuart Smalley.

Or...Bama and Michigan. I don't like losing Iowa talent, but that's tough sleddin.

Good for him. Can only worry about the guys who want to be at Iowa. He didn't...his decision ultimately proved that. He obviously found the situation and future he wanted. Whether it works out is now up to him. Iowa will be fine.

Did anybody actually think Iowa had a chance at landing Martin? Like more than a 1% chance of landing him? We're a program with a horrific passing offense, brand new OC, no QB coach and no WR coach. And for all the talent we've sent to the NFL, how many successful WRs have there been under KF? We were the safety school in case Michigan or Ohio State didn't work out.

Yea this is a major bummer. I do think Martin will play for Michigan but probably not until his junior year. He could have played as a true freshman at Iowa. Hopefully his parents don't mind 10 hour drives.

Yeah and he is proving he is NOT a Hawk fan at all, nothing more than a poser and hope he enjoys the Raef LaFrentz treatment anytime he back in IC....seriously no REAL Hawk fan would go to Michigan to play for that clown of a head coach... AS for wishing him the best, whatever he is the 4th or 5th best WR in THIS CLASS at Michigan so he won't play much at all EVER.

Why do people keep talking about a Michigan player? Who cares about Michigan and anybody who plays for them? He's gone. Delete his ass from anything Hawkeye.

Latest posts