Oliver Martin to Michigan

I have a feeling we are making a play for Mannix McClane, as Mansell just rewteeted his de commitment post on twitter.
He would be interesting., It wonder if Brian wants to bring in the "water bug" type of receivers like New England has and use them in a similar way? And before anybody says it, I realize he's white, and the Patriot players are white, but I was referring more to the size and skill set. 5'10" 175.

He would be interesting., It wonder if Brian wants to bring in the "water bug" type of receivers like New England has and use them in a similar way? And before anybody says it, I realize he's white, and the Patriot players are white, but I was referring more to the size and skill set. 5'10" 175.

A week ago I was thinking we were going the taller, possession type, now, I think we simply need bodies at WR and hope somebody works. It's gonna be interesting.

Why do people keep talking about a Michigan player? Who cares about Michigan and anybody who plays for them? He's gone. Delete his ass from anything Hawkeye.
Spot on! Dude's gone and good riddance. How about Bryan and Creamer and the Hawks got an Iowa City kid in Weiland. Go Hawks! Muck Fichigan!

Dude is crazy fast though. He has several 4.4 level runs at camps and scored a very good SPARQ rating at a Nike event. This was the 5th best score at the Dallas Nike event, and higher than what Oliver Martin scored in Chicago (112.62).

A week ago I was thinking we were going the taller, possession type, now, I think we simply need bodies at WR and hope somebody works. It's gonna be interesting.

You need slot guys, they are built different than your outside guys, and you are looking for a different skill set out of them.

Why do people keep talking about a Michigan player? Who cares about Michigan and anybody who plays for them? He's gone. Delete his ass from anything Hawkeye.
I was going to post this same thing but.....I didn't want to add to this.... trying to move on.....dead to me....CRAP! I did it again.....

I think the swimming connection with his sister played out more than what we can imagine. Hate to see him leave the state but I doubt Jimmy is there to shake his hand on Sr day. He will wear out his welcome like he does everywhere else he's been within 3 yrs.

He'll be in the NFL by then. You are correct.

Sucks but slot receiver isn't usually a game changer position. Iowa needs good outside receivers who can stretch the field.
If I was him I would do the same thing though. With how close his dad is with Doyle plus being from I.C. I would want to get out of my hometown and go somewhere else for school.

Was committed to Vanderbilt before backing away last night. Iowa's director of recruiting, Tyler Barnes, returned to Iowa from Vanderbilt.

It also sounds like he visited Iowa last spring, so Iowa has been aware of him for a long time. Seeming like Iowa would take both ISM and McCalne is that the feeling you are getting Rob? Maybe the replacement for Jonathon Parker.

It also sounds like he visited Iowa last spring, so Iowa has been aware of him for a long time. Seeming like Iowa would take both ISM and McCalne is that the feeling you are getting Rob? Maybe the replacement for Jonathon Parker.

Mannix has visited. And, yes. I think we take both. Not too shabby if it happens. Three outside guys in Smith, ISM and Marchese and two slot guys in Cooper and Mannix.

Now hearing that there might not be much to the Mannix and Iowa talk. Stay tuned. This stuff moves fast and can change on a dime at this point in the process.

Now hearing that there might not be much to the Mannix and Iowa talk. Stay tuned. This stuff moves fast and can change on a dime at this point in the process.

Makes sense, I was strictly going off a tweet. But with what is going down with ISM, I figure about anything is possible!

Just a roster note but Michigan has 11 wide receivers on their roster, not sure if all are on scholarship, before the 4-5 they will sign for this class. Seems crowded for a coach that I'm not certain has had a guy at the position drafted (Doug Baldwin was an undrafted free agent).

Latest posts