** Official White Sox Regular Season Thread**

The Sox will face Moore,Shields and Goff in Tampa. But, they miss Price and Hellickson,two top hurlers. Basically, the Rays have about 6 very good starters,so there is no missing them all. Moore has great stuff,but has had a shaky year,with an ERA of over 5.0...the other two are having good years.

Sox throw their best,Sale,out there today. Then Humber(shaky lately) and Quintana(rookie making 2nd start..so far,not bad). Sox must win today,and the hope to sneak another win and get back home without killing their momentum. Home stand vs tough Jays, but beatable Mariners and Astros. Then, out to LA to face best team in baseball,Dodgers,and over to St Louis to face Cards...then Cubs at home. Sox have the best record in inter-league play since 2008, and 2nd overall behind only the Yanks...that will be tested this year...3-0 so far.

Another sweep.. man, and the rotation matchups were looking like we'd be lucky at 1-2 out in Tampa.

It's a shame Quintana got the boot.. was working a one hitter!

Tough matchup tonite: King Felix vs Jake Peavy. Sox have their work cut out for them,but the King has struggled a bit of late. M's have scored 31 runs total in their last two games vs league best Rangers,so their offense is red-hot.

M's took 4 of 6 vs the Rangers in the last week. No pushover. Sox will run Peavy,Floyd,and Sale out there vs that red-hot offense. Then the super tough Jays come to town to face Danks(he back),Humber,and Peavy. Finally close out the long homestand vs the Astros with Floyd,Sale and Danks.....Sox need to start winning series at home and get above .500 in the Cell,finally.

Oh,and keep hitting the ball all over the yard! Go Sox!

It was nice to see the Sox win some games down in Tampa without Konerko tearing the cover off the ball. If the rotation can stay intact for the whole year, Sox have a good chance. It's fun watching these guys hit right now, especially Viciedo. I read that the Red Sox might try and trade Youkilis...wonder if White Sox would be interested. Hudson has been doing well, field the ball and get on base. Something the Sox haven't had at 3rd in a while.

Sox win!....another nice win over an ace pitcher, King Felix, 7-4.
Gordo Beckham takes the King deep,twice!
Big Donkey goes deep also.
Jake pitched well, giving up only 2 real hits in 6.1 innings...ran outta gas then.
Matt Thornton continues to struggle out of the bullpen.

The word is that the Red Sox are listeing to offers for Youk. Sox are reportedly interested. I would give them Thornton and take the extra salary off their hands.

Clutch hitting tonite by Alexei and DeAza,who is the new Tim Raines.

Don't stop now,boys!

Going for the mythical "L-10 = 10-0" today in the standings today.. Let's do it, boys. I like this pitching match-up too. Good chance for Floyd to get some confidence here and push the ERA back down..

Noesi has had 5 quality starts in his last 6 outings,so this is tougher than it looks. Floyd has had an ERA over 10 his last three starts....just totally off the tracks.

Lately,King Felix was the worst of the three M's starters this weekend.
Millwood has been good recently.
Sox need some good pitching performances by Floyd and Sale to extend this run.
M's are hitting well right now...lot of dangerous leftys in that lineup right now.

Sox streak snapped at 9. Ran into a hot hitting M's team and drop a slugfest 10-8.

M's have scored 44 runs in last 4 games...ouch.
Gavin was up in the zone in a lively ballpark which resulted in 4 M's homers in the first 4 innings...
Good news: Beckham,Rios,AJ,and Tank go deep...Sox can bomb also.

Today...rubber match with Sale on the bump....Go Sox.

A foul ball just landed in the scout seats neat the M&M guy, Hawk just confirmed his name is George Jacobs, owner of Windy City Limousine.

as Redsox fan hate see youk get traded to Whitesox but got keep Middlebrooks bat in line up......But hope he does well with the Whitesox

Sox hanging tough at the All Star break with a 3 game lead over the Tribe,and 3.5 over charging Tigers. Tough loss to finish the first half with,losing to the Jays 11-9.
Sox gambled on going with Axelrod on short rest,then bullpen...and lost the gamble as Axelrod got lit up for 7 in 3 innings. A shame to waste an offense that scores 9 runs in a loss.

Youk has been a revelation,with 14 rbis in 13 games,and many clutch go-ahead rbis.
Solid defensive addition also. Really completes the lineup,leaving no huge holes in the starting group. Now, it comes down to pitching. If Danks and Humber return healthy,the Sox will have 6 strong starters for the second half,which is a real luxury.

Bullpen is young,but plenty of power arms. If Crain comes back strong, they should be ok.

The AL Central promises to be a dogfight in the second half. Tigers have good hitting,and Verlander,while the Tribe have a very solid hitting team,with a decent rotation and solid back end of the bullpen.

September could be exciting again this year...Go Sox!

Great surprise so far from the South Siders. Cleveland will fade, and I see the Tigers catching the Sox at the end, but we get the 2nd WC spot.

The wildcard being expanded to 2 teams really opens the playoffs up...right now I would only dismiss the M's and maybe the Twins from contention...otherwise,everyone could get hot and make a run.

Should be exciting.

Congrats Sox! On the Score yesterday they were pitching Kenny Williams as the Chicago Sportman of the Year. I think they are right, who knew the Sox would be competing for the playoffs this year. I thought they would be in a rebuilding year, especially with Ventura as manager.

Congrats Sox! On the Score yesterday they were pitching Kenny Williams as the Chicago Sportman of the Year. I think they are right, who knew the Sox would be competing for the playoffs this year. I thought they would be in a rebuilding year, especially with Ventura as manager.

Kenny himself said the words "rebuilding" in the off-season.

But, people that are getting paid to perform.. are performing.

I didn't think we'd be here.. but I'm enjoying the ride.

Det is coming though, there is no doubt about it.

Kenny himself said the words "rebuilding" in the off-season.

But, people that are getting paid to perform.. are performing.

I didn't think we'd be here.. but I'm enjoying the ride.

Det is coming though, there is no doubt about it.

But what a huge move going out and picking up Youkilis, someone that is playing like he has something to prove. Youkilis has already won the Sox 3 games since he came here. I know players like Dunn and Rios are performing but on the other hand Konerko and Ramirez are having down years offensively.

But what a huge move going out and picking up Youkilis, someone that is playing like he has something to prove. Youkilis has already won the Sox 3 games since he came here. I know players like Dunn and Rios are performing but on the other hand Konerko and Ramirez are having down years offensively.

Konerko is slumping right now,but is still #2 in batting average in the league,so would not call it a down year. He had the wrist cleaned out in early June,and since then has dropped in average from .370 to .330.
But, was as high as .399 in mid-may which is spectacular.

As for Alexei,he is on fire right now,hitting over .400 for his last 3 weeks,and raising his average from .210 to .255 over that period.
He always hits better in the summer,so nothing new here.

Dunn is slumping a bit,but has good numbers,and Rios is the hottest hitter in the AL over the last month or so.
AJ is having his best year also.

I think the Tribe and Tigers will hang around,and it will be a dogfight,but if Danks and Humber come back, the Sox might have the deepest rotation.

Perfect match. Brett Myers - A drunken wife beater for a fanbase of drunken wife beaters.

Last edited:

Latest posts