** Official White Sox Regular Season Thread**

Something about how that wind off the lake in April and May hits Wrigley at a perfect angle that keeps it swirling around the stands,which are mainly in the shade...it is like a meat locker. Now, if you happen to be in the sun, different story.

Back in 2000, we sat underneath on opening day as the snow fell...took them almost 3 hours to decide to call the game as snow was covering the field. We drank about a case of cold beer sitting there...and froze our butts off.

Soxpark is actually not a whole lot better in the spring...same damn lake wind hits there...but at least you can move to sun-seats with the poor attendance.

Sox play the Astros,Brewers,Dodgers,Cards,and Cubs twice in interleague play this year...no bargain there...and judging from the Astros last nite vs the Cubs,the Stros are improved this year at 21-22.

Something about how that wind off the lake in April and May hits Wrigley at a perfect angle that keeps it swirling around the stands,which are mainly in the shade...it is like a meat locker. Now, if you happen to be in the sun, different story.

Back in 2000, we sat underneath on opening day as the snow fell...took them almost 3 hours to decide to call the game as snow was covering the field. We drank about a case of cold beer sitting there...and froze our butts off.

Soxpark is actually not a whole lot better in the spring...same damn lake wind hits there...but at least you can move to sun-seats with the poor attendance.

Sox play the Astros,Brewers,Dodgers,Cards,and Cubs twice in interleague play this year...no bargain there...and judging from the Astros last nite vs the Cubs,the Stros are improved this year at 21-22.

To be fair, the Stros were playing the worst team in the NL..

;)

Based on a small sampling(one game) the Twins are better than the Cubs.
Twins have destroyed Gavin Floyd in his last 8 starts vs them (0-8),with an ERA around 8.00...nice numeric symmetry.

I hate the Twins...they can be horrible for 6 weeks,but when they get to the Sox,they have now won 5 of 6 and are playing their best ball. Sox stink at home(7-13) which kills fan interest....not good. Go get'em tomorrow,Chris Sale.

O-Dog...Orlando Hudson is in the house! Evidently not a popular player wherever he goes,but Sox are desperate...so he is now ready to drive the Sox crazy...just hit,and field at 3rd base and we can put up with the constant inane chatter,ok,O-Dog?

Why is Wimpy back? Stoney going on vacation?

I heard the guy in the M & M coat is Steve Dahl,but I doubt it.

Those scout seats are sweettt! All the top shelf booze and catered food you can consume.

Softball game broke out tonite...Sox Win!! Finally over .500...now the Tribe come to town...gotta take this series.

RED FLAG TIME: John Danks goes to the DL with shoulder soreness. The Sox need Danks to have a big year to contend the whole season.

So, they are starting a rookie,Carlos Quintana,in his first start in the MLB,tonite vs the first place red hot Tribe. Danger!

Sox need to bash their way to wins this weekend,probably. South Side Hitmen revisited?

Peavy vs Lowe...two of the best in the AL so far.

I luv when Tank mashes!...nothing quite like those line drive homers to right center!

Right now, it is Southside Hitmen revisited....can't beat fun at the ole ballyard!

Sox beat tribe by a touchdown..14-7!
This team is on a collective binge...averaging 9 runs/gm last 4 games.
Dayan Viciedo...last 12 games- 7 homers, 18 rbis, .422...wow.
Paul Konerko goes 4-4,with a walk,and 3 doubles yesterday to raise his average to .396...whoa!
Alex Rios is robbed of a 3 run homer that Brantley brought back into the ballpark in the first inning,and then has Choo make a diving catched down the right field line on a screaming liner,and still goes 3-5 with hr,db,and 3 rbis...wow.

If this is a dream..don't wake me up! Sox have won 8 of 9 and now trail 1st place Tribe by 1.5 games. The Tribe came into chicago having won 8 of 10,so they were hot...now...not as hot. Fun time at the ole ballyard...going to be 97 degrees out there today,so the ball will be jumping. Go Sox!

The dream continues...Sox blow out the Tribe 12-6 for their 9th win in 10 games. In this 6 game homestand ,the Sox averaged 9 runs/gm. Solid.

Time to take the show on the road down to the tough Tampa Bay Rays...test time.

Sox are on fire. Tell you what though, the fans better get off their *****. Another 1/2 filled stadium. I know South Siders aren't Cubs fans, where they'll go watch a ****** product. Now with the team clicking, it's time to start showing up.

Could be fun year sox might need to a starter and a relieve pitcher or two. Right now they are playing the best I have seen in some time.

The dream continues...Sox blow out the Tribe 12-6 for their 9th win in 10 games. In this 6 game homestand ,the Sox averaged 9 runs/gm. Solid.

Time to take the show on the road down to the tough Tampa Bay Rays...test time.

3 game trip down there.. but back for a 9 game homestand again afterwards..

I don't think the pitching matchup is all that in-favorable down in Tampa today/tues/wed.. but if they can get 2 of them, that would be a big step.

Latest posts