!*****Official 'The Indomitable B1G West Showdown' Game Thread*****!

Results?

• Iowa by 1 or 2 points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wisky by 1 or 2 points

• Wisky by 3 points

• Wisky by 11-21 points

• Wisky by 22+ points

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well shit. We had like 3 possesions in the 4th q where we had the lead and could have put it away and didn't... Some will blame special teams some the D but to me it's on the whole 9 yards.. Every aspect of the team had a hand in messing this game up. Up until the 4th q they hadn't hardly slowed our O down only ourselves had. With play calling and or execution. We held them to two 3 and outs in the 4th q where if we'd have taken advantage of that and moved the ball more and ran more clock or scored.... That said Wisky executed when it absolutely counted. For what that's worth credit to them. Beyond that we pissed it down our legs

Now that I've calmed down...this loss was the most frustrating kind of loss because they gave us hope that they would actually pull it off, and then like too many times before they blew it at the very end. They played pretty well outside of special teams. The offense had 370 yards or so which is 300 more than last season against Wisconsin. The defense was pretty solid most of the game, but I think they wore down at the end and I can't really blame them for that. The Beyer play handed them 7 points on a silver platter and that was ultimately what made the difference.

The biggest pet peeve of mine with the Norm/Phil Parker style of D is we had a LB on their stud WR in the slot on that lateTd of theirs. We always seem to do that and it pisses me off. We had 3 safeties in the game early on with Stone, Gervase and Hooker all in the game but not late in an OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATION!!! It's just unfair to put Nielson in that situation to begin with. Credit them for exploiting it but what the hell are we doing?

This is the danger of KF ball, you have to play perfect.

Much like when our offense loses yards and we basically give up on the possession, Iowa as a whole has to play flawless or we have too much to overcome.

Well shit. We had like 3 possesions in the 4th q where we had the lead and could have put it away and didn't... Some will blame special teams some the D but to me it's on the whole 9 yards.. Every aspect of the team had a hand in messing this game up. Up until the 4th q they hadn't hardly slowed our O down only ourselves had. With play calling and or execution. We held them to two 3 and outs in the 4th q where if we'd have taken advantage of that and moved the ball more and ran more clock or scored.... That said Wisky executed when it absolutely counted. For what that's worth credit to them. Beyond that we pissed it down our legs
Take out Beyer’s complete F up and we win. Simple as that.

In a game this competitive and this tight it comes down to to the team that makes the first mistake.

That was us.

And unfortunately that mistake was the biggest and most costly brain fart of the Ferentz era, SHAWN BEYER. This game either makes or breaks the season. Simple as that. And yes, I’m calling out a player.

You’re on a B1G team and that play was something you knew the answer to since the first time you put a fucking helmet on. You stay the F away from the ball on a punt unless you’re the returner. And you sure as SHIT don’t start blocking people when the ball is on the floor. No one can return it for F’s sake. It doesn’t get simpler than that.

If you got too much adrenaline going that you couldn’t make a coherent decision, then get off that field. You don’t have the stones to play ball. Spin it as many ways as you want but that’s the truth. It was elementary and cost your team the game.

Write the kid a check for his next two years and send him packing.

Take out Beyer’s complete F up and we win. Simple as that.

In a game this competitive and this tight it comes down to to the team that makes the first mistake.

That was us.

And unfortunately that mistake was the biggest and most costly brain fart of the Ferentz era, SHAWN BEYER. Yes, I’m calling out a player.

You’re on a B1G team and that play was something you knew the answer to since the first time you put a fucking helmet on. You stay the F away from the ball on a punt unless you’re the returner. And you sure as SHIT don’t start blocking people when the ball is on the floor. No one can return it for F’s sake. It doesn’t get simpler than that.

If you got too much adrenaline going that you couldn’t make a coherent decision, then get the F off that field. You don’t have the stones to play ball. Spin it as many ways as you want but that’s the truth. It was elementary and cost your team the game.

Write the kid a check for his next two years and send him packing.
Yeah I was cussing up a storm on that for sure. Then how about Gronwegs fumble at midfield when we had all the momentum? All he had to do was not fumble and we'd have gotten 3 more if not 7 before half. Instead we got nothing. Take away all of the terrible shooting ourself in foot plays and we not only win we win by 2 or more possessions

IowaFry if that kid hadn’t done that it would have been some other stupid move by a player or the coaches.

The kid is going to feel like crap. Yes it was a really big mistake but he did t do it on purpose. Would you like to be in his shoes right now? I wouldn’t.

I am Toast.

Very exciting and entertaining game

Bitter ending and unfortunate turnovers were the stories of the day,

That and Stanley's QB Sneak

Win the rest of the games, and we get a nice bowl game. Won't be easy to win out though.

Odds are against it, but Wisky won't win out.

They have to play at Michigan with Peoples-Jones on the field and at Penn State.

How sweet it would be to win the West by a game,

That's it.....

:cool:

I am Toast.

Very exciting and entertaining game

Bitter ending and ignorant turnovers were the story of the day,

That and Stanley's QB Sneak

Win the rest of the games and we get a nice bowl game. Won't be easy to win out though.

Odds are against it, but Wisky won't win out.

They have to play at Michigan with Peoples-Jones on the field and at Penn State.

How sweet it would be to win the West by a game,

That's it.....

:cool:

Yup... take away any of those turnovers pretty much... And we gave them 3 of the them... And by gave I mean gave them they were just total BS. (last one doesn't count to me in desperation mode)

Latest posts