!*****Official Purple Kitty Game Thread*****!

You must have been thrilled when we played it safe against Penn St and Michigan . Moral victories. I forgot. You are that guy
Dumbasses with no valid argument move the goal posts. You are that goal posts mover.

You must have loved NC basketball when they ran the 4 corners, didnt you? Oh wait, college basketball put a shot clock in to eliminate this because it was BORING and NOT ENTERTAINING. But hey, we won with 7 3 and outs and a couple FGS. WOOT
If I was a UNC fan you're damn right I would have liked it.

You know why? Because they were winning.

Hey smart ass Illinois is getting better. We are not. Any team we play from here on out has a shot at beating us. Well Wisconsin will kill us, but with our offense as bad as it is, Minny, Illinois, even Nebraska could all beat us.
So, yes, Illinois is going to beat us?

C’mon! Be the leader!

Where do you come up with he absolute bullshit that fans shouldn’t have a certain amount of expectations?
I'm saying that fans who like to talk about said "expectations" so much and to use them as a basis for trashing a team they supposedly root for are full of shit.

Fans in general are stupid and irrational.

And entertainment is not what EVERY pro sport is trying to provide? So watching a couple snails race down a board is exciting if your snail wins?

I guess we value different things and this is an argument we will have agree to disagree on.
If you go to “snails” you’ve lost the argument.
Everybody knows you go to sloths before you go to snails.

C’mon! Pick up your game.

No one said any different.

But there is a hierarchy isn’t there.

1) winning

2) entertainment

I’ve already said this: anyone that puts 2) ahead of or equal to 1) is a dumbass and a liar because if you’re not winning no one is entertained to their satisfaction.

The thing is they dont have to be exclusive of each other. Why cant we be both? Why do we have to win ugly every damn week?

At what point does this run its course that winning and losingugly is the only way ti play the game?

If we are going to win 7.5 game s a season, I would rather do it tossing the ball around and doing some fun things with trick plays or wild cats or what ever.

This shit of running an outdated offense is tiresome. Crap out 1939 offense was more exciting than this.

Wheh do you expect more then 7.5 wins a season? Ever? Or are you ahppy with this until you die? Bacacuse witht e way things aree going we will be dead before the Ferentz family isnt coaching Iowa.

So essentially you've just run out of arguments and are trying to throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks.
You have 20 years of evidence . Jon Miller even pointed this out this week that this coaching staff can’t figure out offensive football after 21 years of football . You are trying to fight against statistical facts . Just stop

You have 20 years of evidence . Jon Miller even pointed this out this week that this coaching staff can’t figure out offensive football after 21 years of football . You are trying to fight against statistical facts . Just stop
Statistical facts that Iowa has met or exceeded its norms as a program during a changing football landscape?

Again, you've run out of shit to say.

I'm saying that fans who like to talk about said "expectations" so much and to use them as a basis for trashing a team they supposedly root for are full of shit.

Fans in general are stupid and irrational.
Hawkeye fans aren’t irrational when you compare us with other programs with a long tenured coach . Virginia Tech eventually started going to top tier bowl games on a regular basis with Frank . Keep in mind Virginia Tech was one of the worst teams in the country when he took over

The thing is they dont have to be exclusive of each other. Why cant we be both? Why do we have to win ugly every damn week?

At what point does this run its course that winning and losingugly is the only way ti play the game?

If we are going to win 7.5 game s a season, I would rather do it tossing the ball around and doing some fun things with trick plays or wild cats or what ever.

This shit of running an outdated offense is tiresome. Crap out 1939 offense was more exciting than this.

Wheh do you expect more then 7.5 wins a season? Ever? Or are you ahppy with this until you die? Bacacuse witht e way things aree going we will be dead before the Ferentz family isnt coaching Iowa.
Did we win today?

Easy question. Yes or no.

Go!

giphy.gif