Official other NCAA Tourney Games Thread (1st Round)

My bold prediction for today.

Kansas is going dooooooowwwwnnn!

I remain relentlessly bullish on Eric Musselman. My very first post on this site was a plug for Mussleman and Nevada where he coached at the time. I think the dude can flat out coach...and recruit. Another 1 seed goes down today.

I remain relentlessly bullish on Eric Musselman. My very first post on this site was a plug for Mussleman and Nevada where he coached at the time. I think the dude can flat out coach...and recruit. Another 1 seed goes down today.
BOOM!!!!!!!

Princeton's coach just seems like he enjoys coaching. Whereas Fran and Izzo look like they're getting enemas all game.

Princeton's coach just seems like he enjoys coaching. Whereas Fran and Izzo look like they're getting enemas all game.
First six or seven years of the Fran era I often wondered if that uptight Dr Sphincter demeanor on the bench made Frans players uptight as well.

Then guys like JBo and Wiesy and Keegan came along. You know, guys who could make clutch shots under pressure.

That appeased me a bit, but I still don't like those looks, even as I love his fire. Like Boeheim and Izzo, maybe Danny Hurley, it makes him an easy target.

god what awful basketball.....

Tenn and duke was like 27-21 at half?

The ncaa wresting tourney has more scroing than what this hack fest shit show has become.

First six or seven years of the Fran era I often wondered if that uptight Dr Sphincter demeanor on the bench made Frans players uptight as well.

Then guys like JBo and Wiesy and Keegan came along. You know, guys who could make clutch shots under pressure.

That appeased me a bit, but I still don't like those looks, even as I love his fire. Like Boeheim and Izzo, maybe Danny Hurley, it makes him an easy target.
Fran is a players’ coach. Very few coaches give their players a green light on shooting the ball like Fran does. And, he lets them, encourages them, to run and gun. At the same time, he teaches them to take good shots. Right or wrong, I think that philosophy helps recruiting. Now, Fran, work on D and rebounds. BTW, we put a lot of teams to shame on Offensive board stats, along with assist to turnover ratios. Thanks Connor and others…

Yeah he is really good

Arkansas D was the best I have seen in a while

Reminds of Nolan Richardson's Forty Minutes of Hell defense

Not many teams could have played as well as Kansas did the entire game against that D

They were smothering the Jayhawks like another layer of skin

Tom Davis and Dean Oliver solved their D to get to the Sweet Sixteen Mr. Davis's last season

Last edited: