Official Michigan St @ Iowa Gamethread

I mentioned that I thought most of Fran’s best teams could be in front of him several times last season. So did @PCHawk. We were guessing, wishing, hoping of course. This went from a throw away year that most Hawk fans were accustomed to under Mr. Davis, but Iowa is in such a better spot than it was back then. We have better players. We are witnessing a run just as good as it’s always been, we just need a longer run in March.

Fran really needs to get out of that 1st weekend. We all know what Iowa's kryptonite are...can they avoid those type of matchups that first weekend?

In a world where tons of basketball teams can’t hit the ocean, im glad for a guy like Fran. Everyone is playing good D. More proof that D is personnel and not scheme. Fran coaches it just fine. He had some unathletic guys that he had to scheme to hide. He hasn’t played with a full cupboard most of his time here. Lately we’re seeing it. I like it.

It’s still guaranteed to end in heart ache
I hope they can get up to that 5/6 line......I think they have a 50-50 shot of the sweet 16...maybe better depending on the matchup.

7,8,9,........possible we could give that 2nd round opponent every thing they can handle before ultimately falling....thus the heart ache.

2 years in a row Fran’s team is playing well down the stretch. Last years team played up to a 2 seed. How high can this one climb? The opportunities to climb are all there for them still.

Impressive win. The challenge now is how long can we keep up the solid D, everyone contributing, and winning the boards. This league is brutal and as good as we looked tonight the next game will probably be more of a challenge even though it's Nebbie.

Also, imo, the season turned when Fran sat Joe and started Jordan at the 1. He tried, they did everything they could. Joe is better in spurts. He’s gonnna play plenty, but Jordan is a scoring 1. He’ll always be a PG and the large majority of Iowa fans were wrong about him.He’s playing the best D he’s ever played.

Impressive win. The challenge now is how long can we keep up the solid D, everyone contributing, and winning the boards. This league is brutal and as good as we looked tonight the next game will probably be more of a challenge even though it's Nebbie.
Iowa will struggle against teams with elite post play.

This also seems like the deepest Iowa team I can remember. We get better when the bench comes in a lot of nights. Let’s face it, Fran’s right…. A lot