Official Michigan St @ Iowa Gamethread

Fran Fade.....well looking more like Fran Sleighed....the green dragon tonight.

1645580301136.png

I never though I would say this.....certainly this year.......this team is getting better at the right time and maybe Fran might get his NCAA run this year that has been missing from his resume. I'm impressed, in particular these past two games.

I mentioned that I thought most of Fran’s best teams could be in front of him several times last season. So did @PCHawk. We were guessing, wishing, hoping of course. This went from a throw away year that most Hawk fans were accustomed to under Mr. Davis, but Iowa is in such a better spot than it was back then. We have better players. We are witnessing a run just as good as it’s always been, we just need a longer run in March.

Last year we whipped Sparty by 30, in East Lansing no less.

We're well on our way to 20 + tonight, unless sparty makes it respectable in garbage time.

When was the last time, we did that to Michigan State in consecutive games?

When was the last time anyone did that to an Izzo coached team?

I mentioned that I thought most of Fran’s best teams could be in front of him several times last season. This went from a throw away year that most Hawk fans were accustomed to under Mr. Davis, but Iowa is in such a better spot than it was back then. We have better players. We are witnessing a run just as good as it’s always been, we just need a longer run in March.
They are proving me wrong and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

This is looking like it may be Fran's best year if it keeps going in this direction to end the regular season going into the post season. I might even have to reconsider his first few years on the job...which I have felt has been his best coaching job at Iowa.

Last year we whipped Sparty by 30, in East Lansing no less.

We're well on our way to 20 + tonight, unless sparty makes it respectable in garbage time.

When was the last time, we did that to Michigan State in consecutive games?

When was the last time anyone did that to Sparty?
I remember the Hawks whooping them that year w/ Uthoff when Iowa got up to #3 before struggling down the stretch

They are proving me wrong and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

This is looking like it may be Fran's best year if it keeps going in this direction to end the regular season going into the post season. I might even have to reconsider his first few years on the job...which I have felt has been his best coaching job at Iowa.
It’s still guaranteed to end in heart ache