Official Michigan St @ Iowa Gamethread

Perk needs to work on that jumper in the off season.
If anyone can fix him it’s Fran. He looked good tonight imo but is “Moss like” inconsistent without the outside shot. But clearly better on D then Moss ever dreamed of being

Carver was really full tonight. Maybe biggest all season. 6 pm better than 8 pm. Student section was full all the way to the top. Library must have been closed? Crowd was great, especially when Iowa made some transition runs, and really got behind the Iowa D. Like big time. Best of all, the crowd really had fun. Me, too.

What a game... What a night overall. Izzo called it coming into an ambush and that's about right. Iowa just wasn't losing last night. Be it having Marble and Garza back in the building along with a full house pretty much it was easy to see after the first 4 mins how Murray was on a mission. He was going to put on a show and lead. Damn he's so good.

I won't lie when MSU cut it to 10 after the first couple possessions in the first half I was a tad nervous, but Fran called TO and got the ship back on track. JBo-CM and Kris raining 3s just makes us unguardable. That's the difference when we can spread the floor and make teams pay for paying too much attention to Keegan.

That was fun. There's a little bit to nitpick about but I'll wait to do that I'm gonna enjoy this one for what it was for awhile yet. Damn that was awesome

Hawks were 18-20 from the free-throw line
Spartans were: 2-4

Hawks: 12-28 for threes
Spartans: 8-26
Those stats add up to blowing someone out. We are so capable of making FTs that these last few games where they'd struggled at em is frustrating. Granted 18-20 is exceptional but if they'd just shoot 77% as a team (why can't they?) that's a nice ingredient for making yourself tough to beat. When you sprinkle in not turning it over too much and out rebounding them that's practically a coaches perfect game

In a world where tons of basketball teams can’t hit the ocean, im glad for a guy like Fran. Everyone is playing good D. More proof that D is personnel and not scheme. Fran coaches it just fine. He had some unathletic guys that he had to scheme to hide. He hasn’t played with a full cupboard most of his time here. Lately we’re seeing it. I like it.
The defense has very much improved, I was also glad to see the swagger carry on over from the Ohio State game. Also, glad to see roles developing that are defining this team and who and what they are. :)

What a game... What a night overall. Izzo called it coming into an ambush and that's about right. Iowa just wasn't losing last night. Be it having Marble and Garza back in the building along with a full house pretty much it was easy to see after the first 4 mins how Murray was on a mission. He was going to put on a show and lead. Damn he's so good.

I won't lie when MSU cut it to 10 after the first couple possessions in the first half I was a tad nervous, but Fran called TO and got the ship back on track. JBo-CM and Kris raining 3s just makes us unguardable. That's the difference when we can spread the floor and make teams pay for paying too much attention to Keegan.

That was fun. There's a little bit to nitpick about but I'll wait to do that I'm gonna enjoy this one for what it was for awhile yet. Damn that was awesome
You meant to say “in the second half”. I felt the same way. In fact called for a time out standing in my living room. Was glad to see Fran agreed. :)

Jordan stopped the Spartan rally with those deadly threes

They had cut the lead to 10 or so and within 30 seconds

They were suddenly behind 16

Put a damper on the team, and they knew deep down that they
were Toast

:cool:

Last edited: