Official Iowa Hackeyes vs Indiana Hoosierdaddy Game Thread

Your middle-school daughter is studying Intro to Psych and giving you this sophomoric stuff isn’t she.

I’d prefer you stop trying to bully me (LOLLL) and go back to boring me with how you’re the greatest coach never to be a big coach.
Dean Dean Dean

They should have went to the monitor on that out of bounds call. Clearly he was in, and they should have gotten it. It’s terrible that the refs can hand a game to a team like that. College basketball needs a system where a coach can throw a challenge flag or brick. College wrestling had the brick, and that would work well for basketball too.
Should have “gone” to the monitor...

All that being said, because of the officiating I refuse to except the result. On my personal printout of the season I will mark this game as a win. If anyone in the future asks me about this game I will tell them what it should have been Iowa 88 Indiana 80. I will strike any other score from the record. Congratulations to Iowa for the hard fought win, and to Cook for making that nice base line move to the basket and not stepping out. Good job Cook for drawing that foul late, and hitting 2 clutch free throws.It was a good catch by the refs who called Indiana for basket interference twice.

Congratulations to Iowa on this 88-80 win!

How AWESOME! Even ClintNick is to the point of mailing it in.

I would guess it was mostly zone and therefore they were doing what Fran asked of them. These guys aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.

So we agree....Fran is one of the worst bench and strategical coaches in the history of the game.

#GaryKnowsHowToDoItRight

Just saw this on Hawk central......
The "most effective" lineup of the night, according to Fran McCaffery? Bohannon-Cook-Baer-Kriener-Wagner. I like JBo and Cook but the other 3.....

The refs were terrible all game. Iowa was the batter team. Near the end Cook did not step out, the next possession he was fouled, but it was not called. In the first half there were multiple occasions where Indiana should have been called for basket interference, but they weren’t. It’s terrible that the refs would rob this team when they play so well. The University should file a protest.
Replays showed there was no basket interference

Refs were fine this game.

Just about Every ref calls the foot on the line anytime it’s close. Same thing with a ball close to line.

There is another aspect to that call. Cook was pushed out of bounds. The Indiana player moved in front of him while he was in the air an pushed him toward the baseline with his thigh, something I would like to see the Hawks do everytime someone drives the baseline.....,

Would have called a foul on the Hawks, at that time in the game if it occurred at the other end of the court, but the situation is decided by whoever is tournament bound and who is not.....

Also looked like Cook was fouled on our next trip down the floor. Other than that, the refs called the game very well for the Hawks.....

:cool:

Last edited:
No they weren’t all open looks. You don’t have to exaggerate to make your point because your point still holds.

Most coaches would say don’t let him catch the ball — at least for a 4-5 minute stretch so he gets out of his comfort zone.

Fran’s idea is that every body will cool off. His strategy has been proven wrong more times than not

Yeah, deny him the opportunity to receive a pass. Play him like a second skin.....

Whole team needs to play the opponent tighter on D. Make it difficult for them to even pass the ball, among many other things that is rather important. We play very loose, leaving everyone open to receive a pass for an easy shot....

Hawkeyewalker is one the calmest straight shooters on the board and you go right to personal attack because he said he agreed with you on this.

And no one wonders why you get called an arrogant ass.

Hawkeye Walker flies above the fray avoiding the bloodthirsty backalley brawling that identifies HN. Tough place to survive. Not for the faint of heart. This is alright. Makes things very interesting.....

Walker doesn't post very much, but when he does it is solid and right on the mark. He is a counterbalance to the infighting and a welcome breath of fresh air.....

I hope Fran would instill the spirits of Celtics. He need to kill the B1G.https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/5/3/4298450/celtics-fans-hat-glasses-flash-knicks-playoffs

Right on target, Atomic

Been calling for the Hawks to slam those punks to the floor the entire season. No more DunkFest with highlight slam after highlight slam the entire game.....

They have been calling us for touch fouls the entire season. If they are going to call them that close on us, let's make them count with a no doubt hard foul where the contact can be heard at home on TV.....

SplatterThickPaint0051_240.jpg

:cool:

Latest posts