Official Iowa Hackeyes vs Indiana Hoosierdaddy Game Thread

Refs were fine this game.

Just about Every ref calls the foot on the line anytime it’s close. Same thing with a ball close to line.
Yea but I thought they could review everything now. Why not under a minute check it out. For God sakes, they check everything else.

No joke. Worst officiated game I've ever seen! I haven't looked at the box score yet to see the free throw disparity, but it's gotta be ugly. We were jobbed worse than the UNI game last time we played there.

PC, brotha, please tell me your joking.

No less than on 2 occasions Indiana also interfered with the basket in the first half. Take 4 points off the board for Indiana and Iowa wins anyways. This game was just terribly officiated in so many ways. Not to mention Daily got pushed to the ground, and somehow the refs called it on him.

No they weren’t all open looks. You don’t have to exaggerate to make your point because your point still holds.

Most coaches would say don’t let him catch the ball — at least for a 4-5 minute stretch so he gets out of his comfort zone.

Fran’s idea is that every body will cool off. His strategy has been proven wrong more times than not

Never understood it but it's done a lot. These guys play a lot of basketball they are going to hit. The other part is that some coaches emphasis close outs rather than contesting. I just think Iowa is generally a bit slow in getting to the shot which is the main problem. And speed is discussed over and over and over and over again.

All that being said, because of the officiating I refuse to except the result. On my personal printout of the season I will mark this game as a win. If anyone in the future asks me about this game I will tell them what it should have been Iowa 88 Indiana 80. I will strike any other score from the record. Congratulations to Iowa for the hard fought win, and to Cook for making that nice base line move to the basket and not stepping out. Good job Cook for drawing that foul late, and hitting 2 clutch free throws.It was a good catch by the refs who called Indiana for basket interference twice.

Congratulations to Iowa on this 88-80 win!

All that being said, because of the officiating I refuse to except the result. On my personal printout of the season I will mark this game as a win. If anyone in the future asks me about this game I will tell them what it should have been Iowa 88 Indiana 80. I will strike any other score from the record. Congratulations to Iowa for the hard fought win, and to Cook for making that nice base line move to the basket and not stepping out. Good job Cook for drawing that foul late, and hitting 2 clutch free throws.It was a good catch by the refs who called Indiana for basket interference twice.

Congratulations to Iowa on this 88-80 win!
I see the Russians are still hacking accounts on closet servers — and handed this one to OK4P

Don't have a tape measure but think it was just outside the free throw line I would say about 4 to 6 feet. My kids call that a lay-up.
Don’t need a tape measure. In the lane is considered a lay-up; uncontested in the lane is a bunny. 4-6 feet outside the lane is not a gimme.

He should have set himself or taken a dribble in. But it’s the end of the game. Hard to keep track of time in your head. And Cook’s BB IQ isn’t graded high to begin with

They played hard against an OK team. They lost. This one was about youth. Granted, the talent and coach isn't there, but it wasn't disturbing. To say it was deserved, that implies effort. The effort was there.

I don't agree with you much, but I do here.

Latest posts