Official Iowa Hackeyes vs Indiana Hoosierdaddy Game Thread

I would guess it was mostly zone and therefore they were doing what Fran asked of them. These guys aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
If you know how the rotations in a zone defense is supposed to look, you'd know you were mistaken. There are too many fundamental break downs in the zone concept, to put that all on the head coach. Do you have the game recorded? I can give you times/situations in the game that show these mistakes. It's not all coaching and it's not all player mistakes. It's usually a combination of both, that leads to teams playing this poorly for an entire season.

I would guess it was mostly zone and therefore they were doing what Fran asked of them. These guys aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
Indiana made 8 of their 14 - 3pt shots in the second half. That was the only half we played man to man defense. I can run through the game and count the number of wide open 3 pt shots against our man defense, if you like?

Indiana made 8 of their 14 - 3pt shots in the second half. That was the only half we played man to man defense. I can run through the game and count the number of wide open 3 pt shots against our man defense, if you like?
Please do.

Just for our benefit of you having to watch the game again
:)

Hawkeyewalker is one the calmest straight shooters on the board and you go right to personal attack because he said he agreed with you on this.

And no one wonders why you get called an arrogant ass.

Dean, Your piping in and a feeble attempt at cyber bullying was as unneeded as the 2nd part of Walkers comment.

I imagine you and I have different definitions of "wide open". Letting a guy chuck one from 25 to 27 feet is a good bet more often than not. We also had plenty where there was a hand in their face. With that said I'd estimate about half of their 3's were what we could both agree as wide open.

Dean, Your piping in and a feeble attempt at cyber bullying was as unneeded as the 2nd part of Walkers comment.
Must not be that feeble for you to quote the same thing twice, edit a couple times and throw what you think is an insult.

Wait, you throw what you think is an insult at me and then cry cyber bully. You’re such a snowflake.

Walker, “I don’t agree with you much. But I do here.”

Yeah, that Walker 2nd part is just gawd-awful isn’t it.

Must not be that feeble for you to quote the same thing twice, edit a couple times and throw what you think is an insult.

Wait, you throw what you think is an insult at me and then cry cyber bully. You’re such a snowflake.

Walker, “I don’t agree with you much. But I do here.”

Yeah, that Walker 2nd part is just gawd-awful isn’t it.

DT = DV = SmithR = Another personality not as bothersome.

I imagine you and I have different definitions of "wide open". Letting a guy chuck one from 25 to 27 feet is a good bet more often than not. We also had plenty where there was a hand in their face. With that said I'd estimate about half of their 3's were what we could both agree as wide open.
What time in the game were these 25' to 27' shots? I can recall a 22' shot by Johnson. Give me the time in the game of these shots, please. I'll look.

so if Iowa and Illinois finish 1/2 dead last in the BIG, do we play each other in the first round? Winner most likely gets MSU or OSU?

DT = DV = SmithR = Another personality not as bothersome.
Your middle-school daughter is studying Intro to Psych and giving you this sophomoric stuff isn’t she.

I’d prefer you stop trying to bully me (LOLLL) and go back to boring me with how you’re the greatest coach never to be a big coach.

My idea of wide open is if you're feet are off the ground without a hand in your face. That's wide open. That means you can catch, set your feet and elevate without pressure. A guy closing out late to put a hand in your face when you are coming down after the ball is released = wide open look.
16:05 mark Devonte Green makes a wide open 3pt jumper from 23' (current line is at 21' in college).
15:20 mark Devonte Green makes a wide open 3pt jumper from 22'
13:30 mark Robert Johnson makes wide open 3pt jumper from 21'
4:16 mark Robert Johnson makes wide open 3pt jumper from 25'
1:22 mark Robert Johnson makes wide open 3pt jumper from 24'
:06 mark Robert Johnson makes a contested 3pt jumper from 23'
2nd half
19:44 mark Juwan Morgan makes a wide open 3pt jumper from 23'
16:38 mark Devonte Green makes a contested 3pt jumper from 25'
15:37 mark Robert Johnson makes a wide open 3pt jumper from 23' ***********
14:51 mark Devonte Green makes a 3pt jumper from 27'
13:09 mark Robert Johnson makes a contested 3pt jumper from 22'
12:41 mark Robert Johnson makes a wide open 3pt jumper from 22'
11:10 mark Robert Johnson makes a contested 3pt jumper from 22'
2:46 mark Robert Johnson makes a wide open 3pt shot from 25'
My count is 9 wide open shots. (10 if you want to count the 27' shot). 4, maybe 5 of the 14 made 3pt shots were from 25'+.