Official Iowa Hackeyes vs Indiana Hoosierdaddy Game Thread

Only three games left of this crap, then it's time to look forward to August and football. Can't wait for this season to be over and a lot of these guys to be gone.

Anytime you let one guy hit 9 three point shots against you, you deserve to lose a game like the one we just played. Horrible defense but equally horrible coaching. This coaching staff can't coach fundamentals and it can't put their players in a position to win. Pray for another stinker next year and then we can get this staff out of town.
Bet that kid couldn't do it again. Just his day to hit anything he threw up there.

I will say this about refs, calls, in general, go to the team who has a chance to go to the dance. This has helped Iowa in the past and now it's hurting Iowa. The trick is not to give them a chance to screw you over.

They should have went to the monitor on that out of bounds call. Clearly he was in, and they should have gotten it. It’s terrible that the refs can hand a game to a team like that. College basketball needs a system where a coach can throw a challenge flag or brick. College wrestling had the brick, and that would work well for basketball too.

The refs were terrible all game. Iowa was the batter team. Near the end Cook did not step out, the next possession he was fouled, but it was not called. In the first half there were multiple occasions where Indiana should have been called for basket interference, but they weren’t. It’s terrible that the refs would rob this team when they play so well. The University should file a protest.

No joke. Worst officiated game I've ever seen! I haven't looked at the box score yet to see the free throw disparity, but it's gotta be ugly. We were jobbed worse than the UNI game last time we played there.

They should have went to the monitor on that out of bounds call. Clearly he was in, and they should have gotten it. It’s terrible that the refs can hand a game to a team like that. College basketball needs a system where a coach can throw a challenge flag or brick. College wrestling had the brick, and that would work well for basketball too.
Hawknick?

Refs were fine this game.

Just about Every ref calls the foot on the line anytime it’s close. Same thing with a ball close to line.

You missed the point. They were all open looks. You should never let the only 3 pt shooter on the other team, get 12 or 13 open 3pt shots. That's the kind of coaching that warrants consideration for termination.
Open looks? From 25 feet. I guess so, many were in transition as well. Truely one of the most remarkable shooting exploits I've ever seen, guarded or unguarded.

You missed the point. They were all open looks. You should never let the only 3 pt shooter on the other team, get 12 or 13 open 3pt shots. That's the kind of coaching that warrants consideration for termination.
No they weren’t all open looks. You don’t have to exaggerate to make your point because your point still holds.

Most coaches would say don’t let him catch the ball — at least for a 4-5 minute stretch so he gets out of his comfort zone.

Fran’s idea is that every body will cool off. His strategy has been proven wrong more times than not