***Official Hawks/purdont thread***

24 points in the first half. The Hawks need to wake up fast.

Fran has to be beside himself with how poor this team shoots. It's amazing how bad they can be at times.

Iowa looks tired for some reason. Not much fire out there at al.

Fran just stands there like cigar store wooden Indian

8-33 FG.
Iowa better have 15 off rebs.

That's a positive. They are showing some heart. Still have no eyes.

Grow a pair or pity party.

Well.....maybe we'll get lucky and the Hawks will start making their shots in the second half. You would think the law of averages will catch up to us SOME day.

Gesell 1-6 with 3 turnovers. Will Fran ever bench him. 2nd half no one shoots except for Jok and Uthoo.

Gesell has done nothing to deserve starting, or even significant mins, all goddamn year long! It's time to give Dickerson some starts and move on from Gesell. He's not going to improve this team or program in the next year and a half. I know it's said a lot but I'm continually blown away how absolutely terrible, in nearly every facet, our backcourt is!!!

This game is over. If White is seriously hurt, like it appears he is, season is also over.

My Hawkeye heart is broken............:(

Whoever down-thumbed this is a fvcking *****.

I had a bad feeling bout the game. Never imagined injury (let alone, White). 1H1 is correct...the dirty snowball was just pushed from the top of the mountain.

Im guessing a freak clavical hairline to White; shooting shoulder, no less. He's done for 2-3 weeks.

Hawks just went from NCAA likely to NIT hopeful.

TRUTH for those who can accept such.

The only silver lining from this is that it's Uhl's opportunity to get valuable minutes. Now if Fran chooses to go with Ogs....................I give up.

This game started so well too..we looked relaxed and focused. Then White gets hurt and the whole team just crawls into a cave for hibernation. There is a lack of toughness to a lot of the players on this team..or just a lack of talent. Gabe is at least playing his heart out. I will miss his effort and attitude next year

What would you like him to do?

wooden_cigar_indian.jpg

From the sidelines, it looks like 4-3 after today boys.