Official "@HawkGold Thinks I'm A Closet Badger Fan, Hawks Skate Into Madtown Game Thread

Lol,

That was not a knock on the wrestling program, but a compliments. I think any of our wresting coaches would run circles around Barta as an AD.
Every wrestling dual at home is louder than any basketball game ever played in Carver. It’s the mothership of wrestling in the US

They have struggled on the road all season. What I said was that PM minutes would come from Sandfort and he was a big part of the run before PM came back. Actually I think they work and would work well together.

Agreed

The Illinois win seems like it was six years ago.

That may have been the high water mark of the season. We've lost our legs.

Every wrestling dual at home is louder than any basketball game ever played in Carver. It’s the mothership of wrestling in the US

I know I’ve shared this before, but when I was at a McDonald’s in Georgia a high school wrestling team dropped in after a match. They were all talking about Iowa having the premier wrestling program in college athletics.

One of you guys mentioned it, but since Pat came back the chemistry has been missing. Right on cue!
I said it the day of the announcement. Got lambasted by the empathizers who’s emotions overruled their objectivity.
PMac has been a liability / contributor wash since his bout with cancer. The mental issues completely broke his game.
Its a tragic story and you feel for the kid but he should’ve hung it up, at least rest of this season ( I think permanently.)

Don't look now, folks, but Sparty is coming into Carver on a roll. They looked quick, on target, and were playing with a purpose last night. I'll call it now: the Hawks will struggle to get to 70 pts and will suffer a rare beat-down at home by MSU. Iowa's just not playing well right now, and Sparty is not going to help them play better.

What Sandfort does is deliver the ball to the shooter in a position of minimal movement required by the shooter. In other words, the shooter has the hammer pulled back, cocked and ready. The others don't do it as much. Sandfort doesn't get that many credits for assists, but he does contribute. That is missing

Iowa has exactly 5 games left this season. Hope Fran lands a big and Kris comes back for his and Iowas sake.
Dix, PS, Perkins, Ulis, Kris + legit big (it’ll NEVER be Josh O or Mulvey) might be a solid team to work with.

The Lads have been the Talk of the Town for a while

The big ten is brutal, especially on the road, especially at crunch time

We are worn out, with few reserves we can depend on and it has been a long season

We certainly need to take the Spartans down at Carver

And the cornhuskers at Carver

The loss at Indiana is a given

Let's see how the BBT works out on a big stage where the pressure is on every team and the
zebras must at least appear to be fair

:cool:

What Sandfort does is deliver the ball to the shooter in a position of minimal movement required by the shooter. In other words, the shooter has the hammer pulled back, cocked and ready. The others don't do it as much. Sandfort doesn't get that many credits for assists, but he does contribute. That is missing
Had a sweet one to Kris tonight

Latest posts