Official "@HawkGold Thinks I'm A Closet Badger Fan, Hawks Skate Into Madtown Game Thread

Nothing better than wrapped up in a blanket on the couch in the middle of an ice storm watching IA/WI. I would be warmer if my wife would cuddle with me, but this is the one game of the year we wear different team sweatshirts............Go Hawks!

It's a running joke of course. He lives in the Champaign area when he's not touring the world so I always joke with him about being a closet Illinois fan.
Luckily from 9AM to 11AM on Wednesdays he gives lectures to 3rd year resident neurosurgeons at Mayo on trauma and critical care, followed by a biweekly lunch with Matthew McConaughey where they discuss MC's investments in renewable fuels and the impact it might have on biodiversity in the Marquesas Islands, wrapped up with a 90 minute Zoom consult with Gregg Popovich on how Doug McDermott can improve his rebounding and ball handling in the paint. So he won't be posting for a couple hours...

Then again he probably will.

Luckily from 9AM to 11AM on Wednesdays he gives lectures to 3rd year resident neurosurgeons at Mayo on trauma and critical care, followed by a biweekly lunch with Matthew McConaughey where they discuss MC's investments in renewable fuels and the impact it might have on biodiversity in the Marquesas Islands, wrapped up with a 90 minute Zoom consult with Gregg Popovich on how Doug McDermott can improve his rebounding and ball handling in the paint. So he won't be posting for a couple hours...

Wow. I didn’t know all of this!

Guy would have gotten us the W in the NW game if Fran would have just looked at his text and seen Gold's super-awesome play design that is impervious to poor shooting and Patrick McCaffrey's statistically provable negative impact upon the team. Be better, Fran!!!

Guy would have gotten us the W in the NW game if Fran would have just looked at his text and seen Gold's super-awesome play design that is impervious to poor shooting and Patrick McCaffrey's statistically provable negative impact upon the team. Be better, Fran!!!
It’s simple…it’s coaching…PMs basket to dribble ratio is weaker at times in the paint and when FR cuts backside wing to PS and TP is the best driver in the BT on the top half of the lane. At times CM is a great shooter but not rebs all the time, side effect of having FM run the quarter post wing lane offense when KMs shot isn’t falling. It’s simple really…when I used to coach in North Dakota I routinely had only four kids on the floor at one time and we routinely beat all-star college teams from New Jersey with our triple post wing flex box hybrid. We held Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s nephew scoreless in 1993 for an entire weekend tournament. He (Kareem) actually looked like he was paying attention to our scheme. Made me feel good as a coach. It’s simple really. It’s coaching.

Signed,

@HawkGold

1677091020146.png

In terms of game planning for tonight and future consists....we might want to cover more than just Zone 5....especially if the opponent shots are falling.

If you want to learn more see HOT TIPS for Fran and Lisa.

It’s simple…it’s coaching…PMs basket to dribble ratio is weaker at times in the paint and when FR cuts backside wing to PS and TP is the best driver in the BT on the top half of the lane. At times CM is a great shooter but not rebs all the time, side effect of having FM run the quarter post wing lane offense when KMs shot isn’t falling. It’s simple really…when I used to coach in North Dakota I routinely had only four kids on the floor at one time and we routinely beat all-star college teams from New Jersey with our triple post wing flex box hybrid. We held Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s nephew scoreless in 1993 for an entire weekend tournament. He (Kareem) actually looked like he was paying attention to our scheme. Made me feel good as a coach. It’s simple really. It’s coaching.

Signed,

HawkGold
Too good

Signed,

@HawkGold
ND wasn't the only place btw.

That said, watching Iowa NW was like watching typical NW Iowa FB games. Was Fitz coaching against a Ferentz?

Lol we think the same................but yours is much better than mine. Damn.

Seriously, I responded to your first post before reading on down the thread.

Latest posts