*****Official Hawkeyes vs Knights who are nothing more than losers wearing Tin Foil Game Thread****

He has brought back the Chris Kingsbury shit talking magic . I love it
Personally, I love his game, his compete, and his fight, but I don't care for some of the antics. I always appreciate someone who makes great plays and goes on with his business, as if nothing happened.

Personally, I love his game, his compete, and his fight, but I don't care for some of the antics. I always appreciate someone who makes great plays and goes on with his business, as if nothing happened.
We finally get a player who can back up a little bit of shit talking and flexing, and you’re gonna look that gift horse in the mouth? I bet you’re a hoot at parties.

Guys I won't be here for the next 3 game threads. Going to the Dominican Republic for a week. Hopefully I can get them to put on the Iowa game in the sports bar at the resort. I'll be with you in thought.

After all the shit that happened down there this past year? Brave, man, very brave.

After all the shit that happened down there this past year? Brave, man, very brave.
We had this discussion with Tijuana when Iowa was in the Holiday Bowl. Very few locals will harm a tourist staying on resort property and spending $$$ (or tipping $$$ if it's all inclusive). Go into bad areas, or look for trouble, and you're on your own.

We had this discussion with Tijuana when Iowa was in the Holiday Bowl. Very few locals will harm a tourist staying on resort property and spending $$$ (or tipping $$$ if it's all inclusive). Go into bad areas, or look for trouble, and you're on your own.

Dude, people were being found dead in their hotel rooms!

We finally get a player who can back up a little bit of shit talking and flexing, and you’re gonna look that gift horse in the mouth? I bet you’re a hoot at parties.
People are still getting used to us winning games with cold blooded daggers and loads of cajones, both of which have been lacking around here for decades. Wiesy and Fred have hit daggers in the last two games that Ogelsby and Gessell couldn't make and Uthoff wouldn't have even attempted.

There's a reason Fran was 22-49 in close games from 2010-2018 and we finished in the bottom 10% in KenPom's luck category four times in eight years. It's because we had wallflowers who folded like cheap tents in high leverage situations.

We hit clutch free throws with no JBo last night, which was a huge measuring stick in my mind when it became apparent he wouldn't be able not play. And cold blooded daggers from Wiesy and Fred. It was enough to carry the day.

It can be counter-productive to winning. Especially when antics are directed at the other bench, etc. Actually, I am somewhat of a raconteur at parties. I do love his excitement, energy, and confidence. He is also quite literate and humble in post game interviews as well. He is an aircraft carrier! I hope he stays another year...please, please, please!

Latest posts