OFFICIAL Hawkeye/Vadger Game Thread

All you Hawk fans talking about McCabe. Remember what Fran said..

Don’t preface what you’re getting ready to say by saying I’m a big Hawk fan No, you’re not. No, you’re not. Go root for somebody else. I don’t have time for that guy.

Guess what I'm thinking right now would make me a a so called fan! :)

I bet Fran had him in to try and prove a point

Refs not to blame for this game, but your point is a good one. Officiating is horrible.

We played like **** in the first half and it not so much the refs as it is the style that's allowed. College basketball changed the rules to allow wide open play yet whenever Bo and Izzo teams play I have to watch them manipulate the game with their awful style of basketball. When my team would have won had it been called as basketball should be called I'm going to be ******.

Zach is an easy target, but about Marble turning the ball over at key times, and White doing next to nothing against a midget, or giving up multiple offensive rebounds? It's a team game. They made plays down the stretch, we didn't. Status quo for the Hawks this year. Not sure why we don't put the ball in Mike's hands at the end of game. Marble is a great player, but with the game on the line, is too likely to turn it over.

Seriously, all these "good, physical, defensive teams" do the same ****. Put your arms in the air and move your body into a guy. They'll never get called for it because PHYSICAL BASKETBALL IS MOAR FUN!!!! Sparty and Wisconsin are the biggest violators and it's disgusting.

On Marble's drive to the bucket, Gasser had an arm bar on White. That's probably why he didn't feed it to Aaron.

Once again, Aaron White has disappeared.
Oglesby was hitting his shots.
Ala Facts of Life, with Marble, you take the good, you take the bad.
Woodbury seems scared playing center. Channeling Bill Walton commentary.
I thought that Olesani would play better against Kaminsky.

Kaminsky got 21 Points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
Wisconsin hit 4 more 3-pointers than Iowa, and Gasset was getting WIDE OPEN looks.

Iowa takes too many jump shots and Wisconsin was looking for lay-ups, dunks and other inside shots.

Don't bring up any ref issues, we lost the game with horrible mental errors and not scoring when the game was on the line. Total choke by the Hawks today.

We played like **** in the first half and it not so much the refs as it is the style that's allowed. College basketball changed the rules to allow wide open play yet whenever Bo and Izzo teams play I have to watch them manipulate the game with their awful style of basketball. When my team would have won had it been called as basketball should be called I'm going to be ******.
I agree with you. Your points are spot on. I just don't think the officiating leaned either way. You're right about officiating ruining how the game is supposed to be played.

Marble has never made a game winning or tying shot at the end of regulation, but keep going to him so he can keep turning it over, Fran! Wonderful ******* idea. Marble isn't clutch, never has been. Go to somebody else at the end for ****'s sake. Jeebus Christ.

At least they'll call the game correctly in the tournament so we'll still at least make the sweet 16.

Marble has never made a game winning or tying shot at the end of regulation, but keep going to him so he can keep turning it over, Fran! Wonderful ******* idea. Marble isn't clutch, never has been. Go to somebody else at the end for ****'s sake. Jeebus Christ.

I'm sorry, can you even name the last guy Iowa's had who HAS hit such a shot? It's been five ******* years since we've hit one.

You are full of BS with your comment.

This team/program still has no balls at the end of a close game. Until they stop playing like weak little girls when the going gets tough, this crap will continue.

I checked. I am not.

Today, after having taken a deep breath and stepped back from the ledge, I would say that Wisconsin outplayed Iowa today and deserved to win. Now excuse me while I go rinse my mouth with kerosene.

Once again, Aaron White has disappeared.
Oglesby was hitting his shots.
Ala Facts of Life, with Marble, you take the good, you take the bad.
Woodbury seems scared playing center. Channeling Bill Walton commentary.
I thought that Olesani would play better against Kaminsky.

Kaminsky got 21 Points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal and 1 block.
Wisconsin hit 4 more 3-pointers than Iowa, and Gasset was getting WIDE OPEN looks.

Iowa takes too many jump shots and Wisconsin was looking for lay-ups, dunks and other inside shots.

This. Kaminsky played an outstanding game and Iowa simply could not stop him. Very impressed with the improvement he has made this year. Badgers also made ALL their free throws down the stretch. White has to develop a jump shot in order to become effective against good defenses.

Latest posts