OFFICIAL Hawkeye/Vadger Game Thread

Maybe our expectations for this season grew a tad too much throughout the season? I guess maybe we should just be happy we will make the NCAA tourney?

Wisconsin outplayed Iowa more for a half than Iowa outplayed Wisconsin for a half. Wisconsin also got some lucky bounces and rolls. They also play stupid basketball that allows them to get away with more than the normal team. At some point we won't take a dump at the end of a game right?

This. Kaminsky played an outstanding game and Iowa simply could not stop him. Very impressed with the improvement he has made this year. Badgers also made ALL their free throws down the stretch. White has to develop a jump shot in order to become effective against good defenses.

Woodbury held him in check for a time, then we took him out and he was too strong for Gabe.

Marble has never made a game winning or tying shot at the end of regulation, but keep going to him so he can keep turning it over, Fran! Wonderful ******* idea. Marble isn't clutch, never has been. Go to somebody else at the end for ****'s sake. Jeebus Christ.

Absolutely agree. Marble throws the ball away underneath after it looks like he tripped over his own feet. Not a clutch guy when it's needed.

The game turned when Marble was blocked on a fast break opportunity. No reason that Marble shouldn't be able to take a freaking post guy off the dribble on the break. Have to score on that and if we do we probably win as we would have been up 5.

Screwed by the refs again. It's getting old. The blocking foul on McCabe when he was set which led to a 3 point play. The blatant travel on Wisconsin that wasn't called which led to 2 points for them. The numerous times Gabe got hammered down low and it was never called. It just gets frustrating watching teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State get away with everything, and we get nailed for ticky tack fouls.

Screwed by the refs again. It's getting old. The blocking foul on McCabe when he was set which led to a 3 point play. The blatant travel on Wisconsin that wasn't called which led to 2 points for them. The numerous times Gabe got hammered down low and it was never called. It just gets frustrating watching teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State get away with everything, and we get nailed for ticky tack fouls.

McCabe wasn't set.

It's all water under the bridge now. I can enjoy the rest of the conference games without yelling at the TV and my family won't have to sneak out of the room now because the games are of no consequence.

It's all water under the bridge now. I can enjoy the rest of the conference games without yelling at the TV and my family won't have to sneak out of the room now because the games are of no consequence.

If we lose at home to Purdue or Illinois I'll be yelling at my TV.

What about the play that white changed his pivot foot prior to making an assist for a layup??

Missed calls go both ways. This wasn't on the refs.

Two big possessions..... First the hawks had the ball and I believe Mike had a look for 3 but missed. We got the offensive rebound and uthoff had a wide open 3, clank. Another o rebound and Mike missed a wide open 3.

The next was when the Badgers hit a contested 3 with 1 second on the shot clock.... Think it was Gasser but could be wrong.

Anyways being at the game those 2 possessions felt like big momentum changers.

Latest posts