OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

And while we're on the subject of ketchup, I'm gonna hit you guys with a knowledge nugget free of charge...

Heinz is the only ketchup. Anything else is a cheap imitation product. Hunt's is garbage and isn't worthy of being on the same shelf as Heinz. Hunt's is for mouth-breathing simpletons who wear Velcro shoes.
My grandma used to buy Del Monte ketchup. It was terrible. I started bringing my parent's Heinz when I'd go visit and I knew we were grilling burgers or something.

Back in the day most of the products, save for Heinz, were actually called "Catsup" and not "Ketchup." This was probably before your time and Millennials like you don't know that little factoid, but that's okay.
I do. My aunt called it catsup.

There was an episode of Three's Company where Mr. Furley was confused as to whether or not they were talking about Ketchup or Catsup.

99dr.gif

Back in the day most of the products, save for Heinz, were actually called "Catsup" and not "Ketchup." This was probably before your time and Millennials like you don't know that little factoid, but that's okay.

It is hard to beat Heinz ketchup but Del Monte was about as good. Also hard to beat good sausage. Goes really great with bland foods like English Muffins.

Are you crazy? I grew up a catsup fan and when younger put it on absolutely everything. My family even teased me about how much I loved it. My parents even bought me once the restaurant grade large foil of Heinz ketchup that we used to reload the bottle.

Del Monte ketchup was the absolute worst out there. It had this gawd awful lingering aftertaste that I can still pull up when thinking about it. The only ketchup I turned down as a lad. F'ing gross. I wonder if is still on the shelves.

Same. I loved ketchup on scrambled eggs as a kid....and I hate to admit it but put it on steak too as a kid. Couldn't stand A1....

I would mix a little kethup in with the A1 to knock down the bitterness a bit. I'd sometimes throw in a half a dabble of mayo to the mix which was decent.

Ketchup on eggs is repulsive to me now, but man...when I was a kid, Heinz ketchup on scrambled eggs was my JAM.
A small statement of life---our food preferences change. Most peoples', like Fry, palate improves with age. Same story, as a kid I ate ketchup on everything, except steaks which my parents would not allow it (and damn little steak sauce). Now, I only eat catsup on burgers and fries.

The guy that runs our offense eats Underwood Deviled meat but it's Underwood Deviled Chicken not Underwood Deviled Ham.....FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER!!

I grew up eating fried eggs with mustard sandwiches (two pieces of sliced white bread). My old man would eat them so I did as well… every now and then I’ll eat one and it takes me right back to my childhood and honestly they’re pretty damn good too.

I grew up eating fried eggs with mustard sandwiches (two pieces of sliced white bread). My old man would eat them so I did as well… every now and then I’ll eat one and it takes me right back to my childhood and honestly they’re pretty damn good too.
I actually had one of them for breakfast yesterday. We used to get them when we were working in the field in the spring/fall when I was growing up. I didn't realize other people ate them with mustard. Love 'em.

I eat fried egg sandwiches 2/3 times a week at least with a slice of swiss cheese melted on it

With Miracle Whip or spicy brown mustard

Also eat a lot of AE Vanilla Yogurt with fresh blueberries and strawberries with honey mixed in
for good measure

I eat fried egg sandwiches 2/3 times a week at least with a slice of swiss cheese melted on it

With Miracle Whip or spicy brown mustard

Also eat a lot of AE Vanilla Yogurt with fresh blueberries and strawberries with honey mixed in for good measure
I also enjoy Vanilla yogurt in that fashion. Went to Thailand back in my 20’s and their version was a mixed bed of pineapple, watermelon, honeydew and musk Mellon covered with vanilla yogurt then granola with honey on top. Watermelon and pineapple are game changer… I still use it to this day when in season along with strawberries and blueberries. So fukn good.

I also enjoy Vanilla yogurt in that fashion. Went to Thailand back in my 20’s and their version was a mixed bed of pineapple, watermelon, honeydew and musk Mellon covered with vanilla yogurt then granola with honey on top. Watermelon and pineapple are game changer… I still use it to this day when in season along with strawberries and blueberries. So fukn good.

Tastes yummy and is chock full of vitamins

And quick and easy to prepare

I actually had one of them for breakfast yesterday. We used to get them when we were working in the field in the spring/fall when I was growing up. I didn't realize other people ate them with mustard. Love 'em.
Me three.

Latest posts