***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Nice game by Jeff S tonight. Cubbies beat the Sox 7-0.

Oh, and the Blackhawks did get to Game 7 against the Wings! :)

Sammy just struck out! Aw man! Had Howry on the ropes too... Way to go Sosa, game tied in the ninth, earn your paycheck.

(rain delay in Chicago)

If the Cubbies can hit a grand slam every day, their playoff hopes might not be as non-existent as we all think. . .

If the Cubbies can hit a grand slam every day, their playoff hopes might not be as non-existent as we all think. . .

1969CubPower004.jpg

Watching PTi and they had Sammy say it aint sosa on for their 'no so happy anniversary' segment. 10 years ago today Sammy accidently used his bp bat for a game and it shattered cork all over the field in the 1st...I hate when that happens dagnabbit. Has anyone else seen big samantha lately?? Lookin good

I am not a fan of Castro/his approach at the plate. He is a selfish hitter and he has been detrimental to key situations this year. I truly believe that he is not a long term solution for the cubs. This is just my opinion. The cubs will give him another few years, but if he doesn't improve he won't be the SS for the cubs for long.

What do you all think of the Cubs' draft picks so far? Based on the numbers I've seen and what I've read, I'm really excited about Bryant. I think he has all-star potential, but I'm not sure where he fits in with the Cubs with Rizzo and Castro (who I think eventually moves to 3rd) both less than 2.5 years older than him.

I don't know much about Zastryzny. Has anyone seen him pitch? Does he have middle of the rotation potential?

I am not a fan of Castro/his approach at the plate. He is a selfish hitter and he has been detrimental to key situations this year. I truly believe that he is not a long term solution for the cubs. This is just my opinion. The cubs will give him another few years, but if he doesn't improve he won't be the SS for the cubs for long.

I agree with you about Castro. I realize he is still young, but he has played 500 major league games and at times he acts as if his head is a million miles away from the game. I am hoping that someone can connect with him and get him to focus on the mental aspects of the game and not just rely on his physical talents. I thought that he would eventually end up at third, but maybe they will "soriano" him and train him to be an outfielder. I just don't think SS is a great fit for him at least until he realizes that games hinge on making the routine plays as well as the spectacular ones.

As far as the draft goes, as with most MLB drafts go, it's all a crapshoot in the long run.

What do you all think of the Cubs' draft picks so far? Based on the numbers I've seen and what I've read, I'm really excited about Bryant. I think he has all-star potential, but I'm not sure where he fits in with the Cubs with Rizzo and Castro (who I think eventually moves to 3rd) both less than 2.5 years older than him.

I don't know much about Zastryzny. Has anyone seen him pitch? Does he have middle of the rotation potential?

I think that Bryant is destined for the outfield. The consensus is that his glove might not work at 3rd. I'm sure they'll try to keep him there, but if he can't get the glove quickly he'll head to the outfield. I don't know if Castro has the bat to play at 3B. He may develop it, but right now he's not a good defender or hitter. Hope that can change. The cubs do have some decent options for 3B in the minors too. Villanueva, Lake, Vitters (eh), Candelario are all good 3B prospects. There are also some really good 2B prospects Watkins and Alcantra (currently at SS, but could/should move to 2B, has good power). The farm is exciting.

Has anyone heard anything new on the renovation plans and getting the neighborhood group to go along? I haven't been keeping up with it the past few weeks.

As far as I'm concerned the Father's Day Massacre is on Sveum as much as it is on Marmol. Cub fans everywhere know that Marmol has lost the closer's mentality he needs to get those last three outs. Clueless Dale seems to be the exception.

Marmol is either very good or very bad with no in between. If I'm the Cubs manager I give Marmol one batter. If the batter gets on base I pull him. If he gets an out I leave him in until someone gets on base.

Latest posts