***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Cubs beat Marlins again last night behind 2 Rizzo HRs. Kevin Gregg another save! Can they keep playing Miami? :)

Up through yesterday, Alfonso Soriano was batting .269 with 1 HR and 3 RBIs total. Today, 2 HRs and 4 RBIs and the Cubs lead 4-2. Weird. :)

Cubs up 4-2 going into 8th. Marmol in. Walk, Walk, HBP. 4 runs in the inning for the Reds. Oh boy.

Ian Stewart was waived off the 40 man roster yesterday, which means anybody could have claimed him just by picking up his 2 million dollar contract and no takers. With Vitters still being a kinda/sorta prospect and Junior Lake soon to come off the DL Stewart is going to find himself buried on the AAA bench.

By far the worst deal Epstein/Hoyer have made so far.

Ian Stewart was waived off the 40 man roster yesterday, which means anybody could have claimed him just by picking up his 2 million dollar contract and no takers. With Vitters still being a kinda/sorta prospect and Junior Lake soon to come off the DL Stewart is going to find himself buried on the AAA bench.

By far the worst deal Epstein/Hoyer have made so far.

Ian Stewart is a bitter baseball player at this point. I am not sure why the Cubs even want him in AAA. This did not work out. :)

Ian Stewart Decided Not to Play Baseball This Weekend | Bleacher Nation | Chicago Cubs News, Rumors, and Commentary

Cubs top prospect Javier Baez now has 42 strikeouts in only 139 plate appearances. I can't wait to see both him and Brett Jackson in the Cubs lineup soon. The Cubs could set records for most strikeouts in a game.

I originally liked the Stewart deal, but with his complete ineptness as a baseball player and human being I just wish they'd cut ties and pay him his $2 mil to do nothing somewhere else. Thankfully Valbuena has been a pleasant surprise this year.

Latest posts