***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Cubs lose. But, as usual, baseball continues to amaze. Here's a play you don't see ... a guy stealing first base! Read the link for the explanation.

GIF: Brewers' Jean Segura steals first base - CBSSports.com

SeguraSteal.gif

Cubs lose. But, as usual, baseball continues to amaze. Here's a play you don't see ... a guy stealing first base! Read the link for the explanation.

GIF: Brewers' Jean Segura steals first base - CBSSports.com

SeguraSteal.gif

I honestly think he thought he was out until some coach/player yelled at him halfway down the base path that the dimwit ump hasnt acknowledged him as being out while pointing at the Hebrew hammer. I dont give that brewer props..he knew he was out and got saved by the Blue.

Trying to comprehend that gif made my brain bleed

I still dont understand how he was safe? If you think bball refs are sad lately..what about umpires? Remember that umpire that broke up that Detroit Tigers pitcher's perfect game? Baseball is my fav. deportes but it is slooooow and theres no excuse.

The ump just missed the tag while the runner was off the base. Here's a little more explanation in this link ...

Cubs-Brewers: Chicago Cubs can't find way to solve Milwaukee Brewers despite high payroll - chicagotribune.com

A bizarre play occurred in the eighth when Jean Segura stole second, but then was picked off the base by Shawn Camp. But Braun, who had walked and was running from first, was on the base at the same time.

Third baseman Luis Valbuena tagged both Braun and Segura. Braun was called out and though Segura was allowed to stay on second, he got confused and scampered back to first.

But just before that Sveum said Segura momentarily stepped off the base and Valbuena tagged him out for an apparent double play, but umpire Phil Cuzzi didn't see it.

“Bizarre" crew chief Tom Hallion said. "But the ruling was all correct.â€￾

Rule 7.08 (i) says a runner is allowed to run the bases is reverse order unless he does it "for the purpose of confusing the defense or making a mockery of the game." Segura then was thrown out stealing second, after stealing it moments earlier.

"A guy stole second and got thrown out at second in the same inning," Sveum said, adding it was something that may never be repeated.
Hallion called it "bizarre" and added: “Technically, he stole second, stole first, then got thrown out stealing second.â€￾

“Never saw that,â€￾ said Cuzzi.
Well, either had anyone else in the ballpark.
"It makes sense," Sveum said of the rule. "You're losing a base. Why would someone penalize you for that? Lucky it all worked out and everything. "

If the Cubs were smart they'd offer the Mets Alfonso Soriano, Carlos Marmol, Matt Garza, and Rahm Emanuel for Matt Harvey. It would solve a lot of problems at once.

4/21:
DeJesus CF
Castro SS
Rizzo 1B
Soriano LF
Schierholtz RF
Castillo C
Valbuena 3B
Barney 2B
Feldman P

Gotta love Mediacom. Yesterday, they had the FS Wisconsin feed on the overflow channel since the game was on CSN. Today, the Twins/White Sox game is on WGN, and the game Mediacom decided to put on their overflow channel is...the Twins/White Sox game, with the FS North feed.

Fail.

Latest posts