***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

Cubs are beating themselves by making dumb plays in the field and horrible situational hitting. They just don't get the concept of moving players over and hitting i certain situations. It's amazing to watch and just think, man they taught us that in junior high.

With their red hot start of 5-12, the Cubs are projected to lose 114 games this year. Yeah, it's early, but given their penchant for leaving men on base, their lack of a bullpen and their ineptitude on defense, I think they can get there.

Weird. The Cubs season is finished before spring football is.

As opposed to other years? Gotta love my Cubbies - they always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I'd like to see their record in 1-run game the past several years. Ok, maybe I wouldn't.

Anyone interested in some good indepth analysis of the cubs with some pretty good discussion should check out bleachernation.com

It has replaced my HN fix during the current boring no-hawkeye action season and usually has 4 or 5 good pieces every day icluding an update on the minor league system.

Maybe this next offseason they'll go out and get a guy who can actually close out games, but I doubt it.

Maybe this next offseason they'll go out and get a guy who can actually close out games, but I doubt it.

As much as the cubs need a closer spending money to do it is the wrong way. Rarely is paying a closer a lot of money a good idea and really it hasn't just been the closer, but the whole bullpen. There are few guys in the farm system I think are future closers (Zych being the best option IMO). also if vizcaino and cabrera aren't able to start then they have huge upside at the back end of the bullpen.

I also like James Russel, but not sure he's the right guy as a closer because he has value as the only lefty in the pen.

Uh oh. Cubs up 2-1 in the 9th. One out and runner on 2nd. Villanueva pitched great. Hang on - here comes Marmol.

Latest posts