***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

I don't know why people love that stadium so much. It actually sucks. Bad views. old seats and a crappy team.

For me, it's a memory thing. As a kid, Wrigley was the greatest place in the world on TV. Then, I went there. It was everything it was made out to be. As you get older and see other stadiums including some of the new ones, you realize that maybe a new stadium may not be the worst thing in the world.

For me, it's a memory thing. As a kid, Wrigley was the greatest place in the world on TV. Then, I went there. It was everything it was made out to be. As you get older and see other stadiums including some of the new ones, you realize that maybe a new stadium may not be the worst thing in the world.

I go to a lot of Giants and A's games. The Giants stadium is awesome. The A's stadium sucks.

Zambrano was reportedly at Wrigley today by an ESPN Chicago analyst. When he asked the front office if they knew anything they denied it and said he was probably just visiting old teammates. I say screw it, he's a free agent and the team could use a pickup. If anything pick him up, move Rizzo to third, and plant Zambrano at first. You know he can hit.

Zambrano was reportedly at Wrigley today by an ESPN Chicago analyst. When he asked the front office if they knew anything they denied it and said he was probably just visiting old teammates. I say screw it, he's a free agent and the team could use a pickup. If anything pick him up, move Rizzo to third, and plant Zambrano at first. You know he can hit.

He can hit, that's for sure. Here's the story in the Trib ...

Chicago Cubs News: A Carlos Zambrano sighting at Wrigley Field. But Cubs have no interest. - chicagotribune.com

Thats too bad. I know he had his issues but to be honest during the late Baker era and the Pinella era he was my favorite player. I like guys that aren't robots and show emotion. And I still laugh at the time he smoked the brand new automatic Gatorade dispenser in the dugout with a bat only weeks after they got it. You notice they never replaced the thing.

I feel the exact opposite. Growing up and watching the Cubs on TV, Wrigley looked awesome. When I went to a Cubs' game for the first time, it was one of the biggest letdowns I've ever experienced as a sports fan.

I feel the exact opposite. Growing up and watching the Cubs on TV, Wrigley looked awesome. When I went to a Cubs' game for the first time, it was one of the biggest letdowns I've ever experienced as a sports fan.

That's cool. I know Wrigley is not for everyone. That's what I love about baseball over the other sports - the playing field and/or stadiums can be so different.

Thats too bad. I know he had his issues but to be honest during the late Baker era and the Pinella era he was my favorite player. I like guys that aren't robots and show emotion. And I still laugh at the time he smoked the brand new automatic Gatorade dispenser in the dugout with a bat only weeks after they got it. You notice they never replaced the thing.

He can rake, and hes super talented but super crazy. I heard rumors that he is ambidextrous and would shag fly balls in the outfield w/ the full time outfielders..heard he would throw left handed so he didnt ruin his pitching arm...he could throw it from dead center to homeplate. Not sure if its legit but he does switch hit....

He can rake, and hes super talented but super crazy. I heard rumors that he is ambidextrous and would shag fly balls in the outfield w/ the full time outfielders..heard he would throw left handed so he didnt ruin his pitching arm...he could throw it from dead center to homeplate. Not sure if its legit but he does switch hit....

i can deal with super crazy

I agree, I see no downside to at least signing Z to a minor league contract and seeing what he has got left.

If anything he can DH during interleague play. :D

I don't want anything to do with Z. I was so relieved the day they got rid of him. The guy is a total nut job that is a detriment to the team. Basically a cancer.

Today's Lineup:
DeJesus CF
Castro SS
Rizzo 1B
Soriano LF
Schierholtz RF
Castillo C
Valbuena 3B
Barney 2B
Villanueva P

Latest posts